kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    yeah but it's not just ppg, it's who takes the shots in crunch time with the game on the line and Westbrook did a fair amount of that despite there being better options and not just George
    who was a better option to take shots with game on the line than russ or pg?

vinnykal2323
    vinnykal2323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Either the rockets or warriors will win the championship

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30328

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    who was a better option to take shots with game on the line than russ or pg?
    In theory, almost everyone based on shooting percentages. What I'm saying is that he developed tunnel vision and wouldn't look to pass in those situations.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They are
    Older

This will
    Work

Harden had to bless the trade 1st

vinnykal2323
    vinnykal2323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

The key was they didn't have to get rid of capela gorden or tucker

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

A plausible scenario for him going to la lakers would be nice since most people think that’s where he ends up. Maybe it happens with another team involved?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by vinnykal2323 View Post
    The key was they didn't have to get rid of capela gorden or tucker
    This was a no brainer for Houston. Weren’t winning as constructed and dealt the worse of 2 players who were battling with each other for someone better without losing any actual other players

asiagambler

This move may work for a few months but unless Westbrook's 3 pt shooting magically improves, Rockets will go nowhere. Usually a 29% shooter would be forbidden from jacking up 5-6 3's a game but the Rockets will insist he do so

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

This move may work for a few months but unless Westbrook's 3 pt shooting magically improves, Rockets will go nowhere. Usually a 29% shooter would be forbidden from jacking up 5-6 3's a game but the Rockets will insist he do so
    So they should have done nothing? They had to try it IMO

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Russ attacks the basket more viciously then any other human on planet earth. he will open up that offense even more. Harden's workload will lighten & he'll get more spot up looks then hes ever gotten. they will be fine. only question going forward is if they can regain their defensive form as a unit. they used to be a top defensive team. and also depth is a question. which is more prevalent then ever before in the league.

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    So they should have done nothing? They had to try it IMO
    Everyone acts like the Rockets are a total failure when they have shown they were basically the Warriors equals over the past 2 years. The same Warriors that won back to back titles starting 4 all stars and will go down in history as one of the greatest teams ever, were actually on the ropes last year down 3-2 and were 2-2 at full strength against the Rockets this year.

There is nothing wrong with doing nothing here. You have the same team from last year and the strength of your team comes from possibly the best offensive player in the league and strong role players that fit the system you're running. Westbrook disrupts that system because he needs the ball in his hands at all times to be at his best and the Rockets already have a player like that who's more efficient and superior in every way.

One thing I will credit Morey with is that he's not afraid to go all-in and make these type of moves. I just don't agree with this one.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    Russ attacks the basket more viciously then any other human on planet earth. he will open up that offense even more. Harden's workload will lighten & he'll get more spot up looks then hes ever gotten. they will be fine. only question going forward is if they can regain their defensive form as a unit. they used to be a top defensive team. and also depth is a question. which is more prevalent then ever before in the league.
    russ last year did not attack in that fashion. took less shots than he had in years and about 4 less ft's per game. like paul, russ is not the same player either. and i can't believe guys think lakers should give up what they have now for paul when they only need a serviceable pg with the guys they have. not 45 million dollar multi all star in decline.

asiagambler

Yes but even that declined last year if you watched. He wasn't the same player, had trouble finishing at the rim, definitely lost a step.

Maybe he gets it back? But these things usually go in one direction.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

D'antoni will probably do the same game management that he did with CP3 in the lineup. That means Westbrook will be playing more against opponents' 2nd units than he did in OKC. He'll get his points. Teaming up with better 3 point shooters around him, he might get some better looks from behind the arc, and not try to force as many unnecessary shots. Wouldn't be shocked if he shoots at least 35% from behind the arc in this offense.

sosawestbrook

Yes but even that declined last year if you watched. He wasn't the same player, had trouble finishing at the rim, definitely lost a step.

Maybe he gets it back? But these things usually go in one direction.
    they had no shooters. rockets have the most spread offense in the league. he hasn't lost his athleticism. so I dont know what you mean by maybe he'll get it back. he still jumps out the gym and is one of the fastest players with the ball in his hands.

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4888

wow

sosawestbrook

russ last year did not attack in that fashion. took less shots than he had in years and about 4 less ft's per game. like paul, russ is not the same player either. and i can't believe guys think lakers should give up what they have now for paul when they only need a serviceable pg with the guys they have. not 45 million dollar multi all star in decline.
    bro no one in their right mind is taking on that contract. there will need to be a creative way to get him to another team.

asiagambler

they had no shooters. rockets have the most spread offense in the league. he hasn't lost his athleticism. so I dont know what you mean by maybe he'll get it back. he still jumps out the gym and is one of the fastest players with the ball in his hands.
    He lost some athleticism. That's my assessment having watched him last year. If you disagree, that's fine.

asiagambler

Lakers are starting James at PG at least to begin the season, so they're not in dire need of a PG. That could change though as the season progresses if this doesn't work well.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

bro no one in their right mind is taking on that contract. there will need to be a creative way to get him to another team.
    we will see. i'm still thinking miami wants to add a star and paul is the only one left. again i don't think russ is supremely better on a team compared to paul. and i don't believe okc traded for cp3 without a plan. any team attempting to avoid luxury tax doesn;t take on cp3 lol. miami will argue they lost the better player in russ and get a decent deal for cp3. and okc winning as accumulating assets.

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15307

One loser who cant shoot traded for another loser who is way past his prime

Neither has any chance vs either LA team

asiagambler

we will see. i'm still thinking miami wants to add a star and paul is the only one left. again i don't think russ is supremely better on a team compared to paul. and i don't believe okc traded for cp3 without a plan. any team attempting to avoid luxury tax doesn;t take on cp3 lol. miami will argue they lost the better player in russ and get a decent deal for cp3. and okc winning as accumulating assets.
    If it comes down to it, they can just try to find a team with cap space (Hawks?) and dump his salary. They've got enough picks lol.

sosawestbrook

He lost some athleticism. That's my assessment having watched him last year. If you disagree, that's fine.
    Im just saying hes a premier level athlete. even if he did lose a step doesn't diminish the fact that hes still a relentless attacker of the basket. I just think the fact they didn't have shooters allows defenses to collapse and stop him at the rim. the playoff series against Portland was a great example of this.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Westbrook and Harden team up again. Unfortunately there is only one ball. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

If I remember correctly didn't they have a issue when they played together in OKC?

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

If it comes down to it, they can just try to find a team with cap space (Hawks?) and dump his salary. They've got enough picks lol.
    hawks have zero reason to want to do this with big free agency in 2021. they are a solid young roster. mia only team willing to spend money for a star and okc needs to get off that contract.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Can Russ drive to the rim and kick out?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Everyone acts like the Rockets are a total failure when they have shown they were basically the Warriors equals over the past 2 years. The same Warriors that won back to back titles starting 4 all stars and will go down in history as one of the greatest teams ever, were actually on the ropes last year down 3-2 and were 2-2 at full strength against the Rockets this year.

There is nothing wrong with doing nothing here. You have the same team from last year and the strength of your team comes from possibly the best offensive player in the league and strong role players that fit the system you're running. Westbrook disrupts that system because he needs the ball in his hands at all times to be at his best and the Rockets already have a player like that who's more efficient and superior in every way.

One thing I will credit Morey with is that he's not afraid to go all-in and make these type of moves. I just don't agree with this one.
    All the stories that came out this offseason suggested that cp3 and harden had run its course.

Teams change their make up to adjust to different styles all the time.

2 guys that are going to get along and more talent than before.

Sometimes these things go south but I didn’t see them winning anything if they stayed course with a 35 year old Paul and locker room problems

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    He’ll have to. I like when guys who never won anything get a chance to hit the reset button personally

sosawestbrook

well it'd be pretty tough to average double digit assists 3 straight years & not be able to.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

well it'd be pretty tough to average double digit assists 3 straight years & not be able to.
    You didn't get my point and your are wrong in your thought process

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    All the stories that came out this offseason suggested that cp3 and harden had run its course.

Teams change their make up to adjust to different styles all the time.

2 guys that are going to get along and more talent than before.

Sometimes these things go south but I didn’t see them winning anything if they stayed course with a 35 year old Paul and locker room problems
    All that stuff about Paul and Harden was mostly fake news. Original story was written by some guy with very little connection to Houston and was basically sensationalized off the leaks by fired assistants that probably had an axe to grind.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

All that stuff about Paul and Harden was mostly fake news. Original story was written by some guy with very little connection to Houston and was basically sensationalized off the leaks by fired assistants that probably had an axe to grind.
    i watched the postgame presser. it was real. harden was asked after losing to warriors again what needs to be done to beat them next year? harden says sarcastically "i know exactly what we need to do. Exactly" and proceeded to say he is not telling, but knows exactly what needed to be done as cp3 sat next to him with this awkward look on his face. it was reported the argument was in the locker before this presser. it looked serious and they were not up there "together".

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

i watched the postgame presser. it was real. harden was asked after losing to warriors again what needs to be done to beat them next year? harden says sarcastically "i know exactly what we need to do. Exactly" and proceeded to say he is not telling, but knows exactly what needed to be done as cp3 sat next to him with this awkward look on his face. it was reported the argument was in the locker before this presser. it looked serious and they were not up there "together".
    Harden can blame CP3 all he wants... he hasn't shown me sh#$ every single year in the playoffs. Harden is just another regular season dude.... take your MAX DEAL... and let the big boys play in the playoffs. Worst deal in sports is CP3's contract... why in the hell did OKC want it??? Was Westbrook going to hold out??? No way.

sosawestbrook

You didn't get my point and your are wrong in your thought process
    care to explain?

asiagambler

Yeah I know they had a confrontation directly after they lost but that's just heat of the moment stuff, can you really expect two high level competitors to not react like that? It was most of the other stuff that was made up like how they didn't talk to each other for 2 months. Everything else was pretty much shot down by teammates or writers close to the team.

First 1234 Last