jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Great trade for Houston they’re back in contention

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

A lot of people saying Westbrook and Harden can't play together, they already have and we heard the same thing about Harden and Paul, Houston was the second best team in the NBA last year. Dantoni has his weaknesses but he always figures it out offensively, he made Raymond Felton and Jeremy Lin all-stars.
    Points Awarded:

kingdom gave thomorino 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

The 2 have joined forces.... once again.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    A lot of people saying Westbrook and Harden can't play together, they already have and we heard the same thing about Harden and Paul, Houston was the second best team in the NBA last year. Dantoni has his weaknesses but he always figures it out offensively, he made Raymond Felton and Jeremy Lin all-stars.
    Defensively though very suspect as usual.. Neither Russ or Harden lock down come playoff time. Both better put up ALOT OF POINTS!!!

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Agreed CP3 may be moved again.. Not out of the question now. OKC does need a solid point guard and name to draw fan ticket sales even when rebuilding but CP3 is injury prone.. Could trade again.. Not out of the question as I said..
    if miami was willing to spend 40 million/yr plus on russ, can't imagine they wouldn't spend it on paul as well. and with the direction okc is going, they were probably working a 3 team deal the hard way and planning to ship cp3 to miami for dragic. expectations aren't huge in miami, but cp3 and jimmy butler will give the fans some big names they will want to stay relevant.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Paul will likely get traded too, OKC is tanking, I doubt OKC makes this deal if they didn't already have ideas about where they could move Paul. Detroit and Miami still need a point guard.
    Yeah this is basically a 3 team trade. Paul is moving now.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    if miami was willing to spend 40 million/yr plus on russ, can't imagine they wouldn't spend it on paul as well. and with the direction okc is going, they were probably working a 3 team deal the hard way and planning to ship cp3 to miami for dragic. expectations aren't huge in miami, but cp3 and jimmy butler will give the fans some big names they will want to stay relevant.
    I think Miami is the big loser in the deal, in the Eastern conference Butler and Westbrook could have made noise, seems stupid that they didn't make the deal because of young players that haven't done shit like Winslow.

thomorino

Miami better get Paul or they look like idiots, why would you pay Butler 140 million and not bring in another good player like Westbrook or Paul.

thomorino

The Paul contract is one of the worst in the NBA, just the fact Houston was able to move it without giving anything of real value up is a win for them.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

The Paul contract is one of the worst in the NBA, just the fact Houston was able to move it without giving anything of real value up is a win for them.
    Post of the thread right here.. AGREED!!!

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

I think Miami is the big loser in the deal, in the Eastern conference Butler and Westbrook could have made noise, seems stupid that they didn't make the deal because of young players that haven't done shit like Winslow.
    i could see pat riley wanting the more conventional pg for his team. and it seems chemistry of paul and butler will be a bit better as they have same attitude. i was excited by idea of westbrook in miami, but i don't think paul is a bad consolation prize as he usually makes teams better. even as an older guy he is a solid convention pg.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

you would be surprised how many say the same about westbrook contract.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

paul will get traded again

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    paul will get traded again
    yes I was thinking this as well

but where to?

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

read t he thread sosa. miami.

sosawestbrook

this is gonna be the most motivated team in the west. Russ & James got something to prove. Clippers, Lakers, Warriors, etc can't say that they have anything left to prove.

sosawestbrook

read t he thread sosa. miami.
    I dont think it will be Miami

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    so u think they were willing to pay russ, but not cp3? cp3 definitely not going to detroit with blake again so thats out. milw not spending that money. miami is only team willing. knicks scared to pull any triggers. for okc to make this trade for such an expensive player, would think they have a plan on moving him and knowing who will take him. they are avoiding tax so i'm sure they knew they could get rid of paul before taking him on.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    harden likes to hold the ball can't see westbrook being robin
    Harden didn't want any part of the ball when it was crunch time against the Warriors... 2 freaking years in a row. Harden ain't no Batman. He needs Russ to be his Batman because he chokes on dicks when the going gets rough.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

They did play together in OKC A LONG TIME AGO!!!.. Harden took a back seat then.. Is that roll gonna change?

sosawestbrook

so u think they were willing to pay russ, but not cp3? cp3 definitely not going to detroit with blake again so thats out. milw not spending that money. miami is only team willing. knicks scared to pull any triggers. for okc to make this trade for such an expensive player, would think they have a plan on moving him and knowing who will take him. they are avoiding tax so i'm sure they knew they could get rid of paul before taking him on.
    they werent willing to part with the assets for Russ. im sure Thunder wanted Tyler Herro who was eligible to be traded until yesterday when he signed his deal. they got lucky signing Jimmy butler. he just wanted to play in Miami. but I think their focus is on competing and still maintaining their youth w/ Herro, Winslow, Bam, etc. Paul is not what he used to be. He doesn't make you a contender like Russ would. so yeah I think they pass.

Id say the best fit is obviously Lakers. no clue how they could make that work though

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

russ is coming to harden's team. russ took a back seat to pg last year. of course he will to an mvp guy like harden.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

who would have rather had Paul then Westbrook is the question

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

I’ll be surprised if it’s Miami. They lost the guy they really wanted

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Harden didn't want any part of the ball when it was crunch time against the Warriors... 2 freaking years in a row. Harden ain't no Batman. He needs Russ to be his Batman because he chokes on dicks when the going gets rough.
    Agree, Westbrook has flaws but he's never afraid to take big shots and that's what Houston needs, they need someone who has an alpha personality to go with Harden, who always seems to shy away from big moments.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

they werent willing to part with the assets for Russ. im sure Thunder wanted Tyler Herro who was eligible to be traded until yesterday when he signed his deal. they got lucky signing Jimmy butler. he just wanted to play in Miami. but I think their focus is on competing and still maintaining their youth w/ Herro, Winslow, Bam, etc. Paul is not what he used to be. He doesn't make you a contender like Russ would. so yeah I think they pass.

Id say the best fit is obviously Lakers. no clue how they could make that work though
    i think it's miami because they want another star. i didn't see russ making them a contender in the east above the top four. philly, milw, boston, and indiana probably better. with paul they will be in about the same position. i think okc got the deal they wanted for russ and will accept less to unload paul and get assets on russ and paul which is better than trading russ directly to miami and gaining from one team only.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Deal makes sense for Houston. On paper didn’t seem like it would work without a 3rd team, and it will basically end up being a 3 team trade in the end. Presti sucked a couple extra draft picks out of it

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30436

lol I can't believe Houston is actually doing this and at the same time it was almost predictable. Westbrook is not a good fit in Houston's system period. He shoots too much midrange, horrible from 3, horrible from midrange for that matter and his athleticism declined to where he wasn't a reliable finisher anymore.

Westbrook does respect Harden but he will be the clear #2 here, is he willing to accept that?

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    who would have rather had Paul then Westbrook is the question
    exactly. gonna be a shrewd flip for okc who gets assets from two teams as opposed to one and alleviates the cap and pays no luxury tax.

sosawestbrook

i think it's miami because they want another star. i didn't see russ making them a contender in the east above the top four. philly, milw, boston, and indiana probably better. with paul they will be in about the same position. i think okc got the deal they wanted for russ and will accept less to unload paul and get assets on russ and paul which is better than trading russ directly to miami and gaining from one team only.
    Paul is no better then Dragic who's on a expiring deal. No freaking way is he even in the same tier as Russ anymore. Hes just not what he used to be. Still a good player but not worth the dollar value attached to his name.

Lakers is his obvious destination. only question is how.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    lol I can't believe Houston is actually doing this and at the same time it was almost predictable. Westbrook is not a good fit in Houston's system period. He shoots too much midrange, horrible from 3, horrible from midrange for that matter and his athleticism declined to where he wasn't a reliable finisher anymore.

Westbrook does respect Harden but he will be the clear #2 here, is he willing to accept that?
    paul george avg almost 30ppg last year while russ dropped down to 20 shots per game from 24. it was obvious he deferred to george so not sure why everyone thinks he wouldn't to harden on harden's team when he did it for george on okc. and if russ is content with stats as everyone assumes, leading the league in scoring isn't something that interests him now. he will happily get his assists and rebounds with about 20ppg.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Chris Paul could end up in Laker town some how. Lakers still need a legit point guard. It's what the Lakers are still lacking..

I hope they don't get CP3 though, too old. Another Steve Nash project if they do.. Injuries and sitting out is what you will get..

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30436

paul george avg almost 30ppg last year while russ dropped down to 20 shots per game from 24. it was obvious he deferred to george so not sure why everyone thinks he wouldn't to harden on harden's team when he did it for george on okc. and if russ is content with stats as everyone assumes, leading the league in scoring isn't something that interests him now. he will happily get his assists and rebounds with about 20ppg.
    yeah but it's not just ppg, it's who takes the shots in crunch time with the game on the line and Westbrook did a fair amount of that despite there being better options and not just George

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Chris Paul could end up in Laker town some how. Lakers still need a legit point guard. It's what the Lakers are still lacking..

I hope they don't get CP3 though, too old. Another Steve Nash project if they do.. Injuries and sitting out is what you will get..
    This has the Lakers retarded stamp all over it.

It does seem like Paul is going there but not sure how it will happen

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Paul is no better then Dragic who's on a expiring deal. No freaking way is he even in the same tier as Russ anymore. Hes just not what he used to be. Still a good player but not worth the dollar value attached to his name.

Lakers is his obvious destination. only question is how.
    it would take another team and involve bradley beal and any depth they just earned. paul's expense is what the lakers pay for about 7 players. i don't see that as a destination at all.

First 1234 Last