Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

There's A Mets Meltdown A Happening

The fun never stops for the 2019 Mets, who’ve endured a nightmarish, drama-packed campaign after starting it with playoff aspirations. Following Friday’s loss to the Phillies, general manager Brodie Van Wagenen assembled the Mets’ coaching staff, including beleaguered manager Mickey Callaway, and “lashed out” over the fact that the team wasted ace Jacob deGrom’s excellent performance, Mike Puma of the New York Post reports. Van Wagenen further expressed his displeasure by throwing a chair and ordering Callaway to go conduct his “[expletive] press conference,” according to Puma.

The GM neither confirmed nor denied the incident took place, per Puma, though Anthony DiComo of MLB.com and Deesha Thosar of the New York Daily News tweet that it did indeed happen. If we’re to believe these reports, this looks like just the latest strange occurrence of the season for the Mets. Van Wagenen reportedly had deGrom pulled from a start June 1 because of a hip cramp, and just two weeks ago, Callaway and left-hander Jason Vargas got into a dustup with Newsday beat writer Tim Healey. Vargas’ actions reportedly left the team’s front office “incensed” and could hasten his departure either by the July 31 trade deadline or in the offfseason.

As with Vargas, it’s fair to wonder how much longer Callaway will continue with the organization. The club has gone a horrid 116-134 since it hired him entering last season, though that’s not to suggest he’s the lone source of blame. Led by the neophyte GM and ex-agent Van Wagenen, the Mets surely expected to wind up as deadline buyers this year. In January, when Van Wagenen was amid an aggressive offseason that was supposed to turn around the downtrodden franchise, he told the rest of the National League East to “come get us.” Three months into the season, the division has done just that.

Among their divisional foes and the entire NL, the Mets have bettered only the rebuilding Marlins as the All-Star break approaches. At 39-49, the Mets are a whopping 13 games behind the East-leading Braves and seven back of a wild-card spot. Frustrations are boiling over as a result.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Mets manager is a moron, the team has many problems, but its obvious there is no leadership. The Mets need to blow the team up and trade the vets and start over, they have some nice young talent, but not enoug talent to contend. They could trade players like De Grom and start to rebuild.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Total shitshow

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

ESPN mini series coming soon. You’ve seen The Bronx is Burning, welcome to The Queens Dumpster Fire.

I’d have told Brodie to stick it if this is true. “Hey Brodie you put this mess together. Go yell at yourself.”

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Same
    With Knicks
    Burning down

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8999

The Mets making a World Series a few years ago seems like a dream now.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

It is tough to watch

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Starts with jerkoff owners. They assembled this shitt show

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    The Mets making a World Series a few years ago seems like a dream now.
    i say it all the time. seems like an implanted memory. and what a waste of a solid pitching staff in their prom.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

the other ironic part of that dream is we lost to the royals lol.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Had no problem pulling one out of their ass last Sunday late against the bitchboy Braves. They shouldn’t be as bad as they are. Not a good look by the GM here. Go get some relievers if you don’t like them blowing deGrom’s game. Not much the manager can do when his bullpen is garbage.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Had no problem pulling one out of their ass last Sunday late against the bitchboy Braves. They shouldn’t be as bad as they are. Not a good look by the GM here. Go get some relievers if you don’t like them blowing deGrom’s game. Not much the manager can do when his bullpen is garbage.
    They did get a reliever, they signed the top closer in baseball. Even he can't do shit this year. Anything the Mets touch falls apart.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    They did get a reliever, they signed the top closer in baseball. Even he can't do shit this year. Anything the Mets touch falls apart.
    True. I put that on the GM, so he’s taking his own issues out on everyone else. Callaway sucks but that’s the guy you gave him. I guess he could always put in Familia instead.

I’d trade deGrom, but that’s just me. I get rid of him while he’s still a top guy. Just don’t think he’s as great as he’s made out to be. Get more prospects to build around McNeil and Pete. McNeil not that young, but still just hitting his prime. Aim for a few years from now, not tomorrow. I think the GM is in love with deGrom though, and he wants to win now. Who knows, maybe they break out of the funk. Only 6.5 back from a WC spot. Them and the rest of the NL, minus the Marlins. Only giving up less runs than the Rockies. I think Syracuse cursed them. Their new triple A affiliate this year. Anything the Cuse touches goes to shit.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Mets should relocate the team out of state. They can't compete with the Yankees.