kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Dame Lillard

Reportedly signed extension. 4 years $196 mil. avg 49 mil/year and last year is a $54 million dollar player option staying in portland. that's a lot of moolah.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Insane Income inequality

NBA players never mentioned when it's brought up by the left though

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

insane ability. only 450 players in the league generating billions of dollars. supply and demand. out of 450 only maybe 100 at a top skill level. rare insane ability.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    insane ability. only 450 players in the league generating billions of dollars. supply and demand. out of 450 only maybe 100 at a top skill level. rare insane ability.
    No argument here. They should get whatever someone is willing to pay. So you are a Republican now?

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

ironically this is what holds back a small market team from putting together a championship run

his contract could possibly hinder the addition of guys down the line who can help them get to the next level

they have had Moe Harkless as their starting wing now for years. what a shame.

I guess this is what getting to the conf finals(FINALLY) gets you

sorry im just not a dame Lillard fan

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    No argument here. They should get whatever someone is willing to pay. So you are a Republican now?
    this is a sports forum. don't get weird again.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    ironically this is what holds back a small market team from putting together a championship run

his contract could possibly hinder the addition of guys down the line who can help them get to the next level

oakland isn't a huge market. how have the warriors done? they have moe harkless because they are terrible at mgmt. they hit the jackpot with dame and cj in the draft. since then not any moves have been impressive. they have been trying to win for cheap, but not with the right pieces.

dlowilly

this is a sports forum. don't get weird again.
    So is that a yes? I knew you had it in you

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Glad to see he is staying a Blazer.. Most would jump ship in that spot and go to a contender..

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Glad to see he is staying a Blazer.. Most would jump ship in that spot and go to a contender..
    what a shot at portland... they were in the wcf already. smart move by blazers to lock him up early so they don't have to worry about a day like today and losing him in 2 years.

sosawestbrook

oakland isn't a huge market. how have the warriors done? they have moe harkless because they are terrible at mgmt. they hit the jackpot with dame and cj in the draft. since then not any moves have been impressive. they have been trying to win for cheap, but not with the right pieces.
    what I meant by small market is not money capabilities because every team abides by the same cap rules. I meant in the form of attracting free agents to your city. who is the last big free agent Portland got? nobody will go there & I doubt anybody will take a pay cut to join because they are just not legit contenders whatsoever. Warriors signed Boogie Cousins for a minimum deal because that is what you do with real elite teams. several guys including one of the best on the planet KD took payouts to make it work. you will never see that in Portland. Im not ever gonna kn ock a guy for getting paid. shit I would do the same. but if Portland never gets back to the Conf Finals are you gonna be surprised? Cuz I sure as hell won't be

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

he will never win in portland

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

what I meant by small market is not money capabilities because every team abides by the same cap rules. I meant in the form of attracting free agents to your city. who is the last big free agent Portland got? nobody will go there & I doubt anybody will take a pay cut to join because they are just not legit contenders whatsoever. Warriors signed Boogie Cousins for a minimum deal because that is what you do with real elite teams. several guys including one of the best on the planet KD took payouts to make it work. you will never see that in Portland. Im not ever gonna kn ock a guy for getting paid. shit I would do the same. but if Portland never gets back to the Conf Finals are you gonna be surprised? Cuz I sure as hell won't be
    i've always believed portland is a player away. if lebron cared more about titles than LA he could have won with those guys easily. Celtics don't attract free agents but they have remained relevant. blazers are poorly managed talent wise. and they commit to players like harkless that aren't very good. aminu as well. when you want to win in portland you have to be smarter than everyone else as bob myers was at golden st. dame's money isn't going to be what holds them back.

sosawestbrook

i've always believed portland is a player away. if lebron cared more about titles than LA he could have won with those guys easily. Celtics don't attract free agents but they have remained relevant. blazers are poorly managed talent wise. and they commit to players like harkless that aren't very good. aminu as well. when you want to win in portland you have to be smarter than everyone else as bob myers was at golden st. dame's money isn't going to be what holds them back.
    bro it was a selfish move. absolutely nothing wrong with it but im saying dont talk smack about trying to bring the city of Portland a Championship & then take all the money you can. it COULD hurt em it COULD NOT hurt em. but it ruins their flexibility. this is facts. look at the sacrifices LeBron & KD made to win their first title. winning a ring was more important to them and the decision to take less money spoke volumes to their dedication. Im just saying this: Dame, dont run your mouth about trying to win a ring & then sign a mega max deal with 3 full years remaining on your current MAX deal. you gotta walk the walk playboy. he'll never win a ring but Portland will idolize him forever because he will be THEIR guy. Do you Dame!!! but dont say you are all about the team & winning!!! cuz you would have been recruiting that final piece to come join this next season! NOT in the back chugging away at the money machine!

-sosa the team PLAYER & ALSO NOT A DAME LILLARD fan BY ANY MEANS

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

not selfish at all. think about it. he had 2 years left and signed an extension. believe me it was at portlands bidding. they did not want a fa day to come in 2 years when they are worried about dame. by 2021 cap will be up and they may have saved money as to what the supermax will be. its 43 mil now and can be easily over 47 in 2 years. michael jordan signed for 30 and 33 mil in the 90s and the bulls still built a chip team around him. dame has carried that franchise possibly longer than anyone in the league has carried theirs. he is the definition of a franchise player and the city loves him as well.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

and wait a minute. you cool with middleton getting 36 mil/yr and tripping on dame getting his money? middleton not even close to being best player on his team.
    Points Awarded:

2daBank gave kingdom 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

lol. just signed aminu to a 3 year deal.

sosawestbrook

cmon bro. if you wanna have a hoop discussion then lets use some context. MJ is a 6x champion & from a completely different era. incomparable to Dame's situation totally. if you wanna compare Middleton's contract then fine. I would argue & say that Giannis + Middleton is closer to an NBA championship then Dame + McCollum. would you agree? Dame + McCollum are essentially the same player. they will honestly have to trade McCollum down the line. it wouldn't make any sense to keep them side by side for much longer. meanwhile the tandem in Milwaukee bounce off each other perfectly. they are both defensive threats, long & have countering skills. if Giannis goes 1 on 1, he can kick to Middleton in the corner and he hits that shot at an elite rate. If Middleton goes 1on1, then Giannis attacks offensive rebounds. Portland plays "your turn, my turn" basketball. and it hasn't worked for em. Bucks actually have parts of their game to work on(Giannis specifically) where they can be in position to have higher hopes for the upcoming season. the only way Lillard & crew can expect a better season n ext year is if they add another all star player. Lillard & McCollum are peak players. but they dont have cap space. so tell me which situation is better one? a team thats building around an identity with players that mesh well(Giannis,Middleton, Lopez, entire Bucks,etc) or a team that is HOPING for a better season after countless years with the same core leading to failure after failure?

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20397

With Paul Allen dead, I think his sister is running the empire. Will probably break it up and sell it in pieces. I wonder who will pick up the Blazers and the Seahawks.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Crazy you don’t like his game considering all the bums you think are good! Lol

2daBank

cmon bro. if you wanna have a hoop discussion then lets use some context. MJ is a 6x champion & from a completely different era. incomparable to Dame's situation totally. if you wanna compare Middleton's contract then fine. I would argue & say that Giannis + Middleton is closer to an NBA championship then Dame + McCollum. would you agree? Dame + McCollum are essentially the same player. they will honestly have to trade McCollum down the line. it wouldn't make any sense to keep them side by side for much longer. meanwhile the tandem in Milwaukee bounce off each other perfectly. they are both defensive threats, long & have countering skills. if Giannis goes 1 on 1, he can kick to Middleton in the corner and he hits that shot at an elite rate. If Middleton goes 1on1, then Giannis attacks offensive rebounds. Portland plays "your turn, my turn" basketball. and it hasn't worked for em. Bucks actually have parts of their game to work on(Giannis specifically) where they can be in position to have higher hopes for the upcoming season. the only way Lillard & crew can expect a better season n ext year is if they add another all star player. Lillard & McCollum are peak players. but they dont have cap space. so tell me which situation is better one? a team thats building around an identity with players that mesh well(Giannis,Middleton, Lopez, entire Bucks,etc) or a team that is HOPING for a better season after countless years with the same core leading to failure after failure?
    Bucks only appears to “work” cause they in the east.

sosawestbrook

didn't say nothing about game. if you can ball you can ball. Dame can BALL. no doubt. I just don't agree with the perception that he & that team are some sort of disrespected underdogs or classic cinderella story. in reality they are just an irrelevant bunch. top team in reg season every year but can't make ever make any moves in the playoffs. yet they always play that role like "everybody is sleeping on them" get out of town Dame Lillard & CJ McCollum. you guys are simply not great enough to reel in a Championship. facts. you need another star. stars want some money too. or else nobody is coming to Portland. take your money though. you can have the respect as a great player in the game but you haven't earned anything beyond that.

dont know what you mean about the Bucks. they would have demolished anybody not named the Raptors in the playoffs. you think Blazers would have stood a chance? lol Giannis is no joke dude. his jumper needs work but his game is just too monstrous. they lost Brogdon & Im curious to see if they replace him or not but either way I think the only thing standing in the way of a Finals appearance for that team is the Giannis' ability to incorporate some sort of threat with his jumper

2daBank

Lmao. Ok

Lonzo gonna be a stud too!!

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Lol I’m sure players ask for less money gtfo it’s all in the team they take what they can get every time.

sosawestbrook

whats funny? dont get it

you are not gonna get watered down First Take Skip Bayless Shannon Sharpe BS at this juncture here papa

if you wanna talk hoop then lets talk hoop. if you think im wrong & your right Ive already said Im willing to bet on it. however you wanna do it. otherwise lets talk hoop. miss me with the chuckles

2daBank

I really don’t. I’m gonna fukk my girl and snuggle. You fill me in later! Lol., goodnight.

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Lol I’m sure players ask for less money gtfo it’s all in the team they take what they can get every time.
    whats your point

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I really don’t. I’m gonna fukk my girl and snuggle. You fill me in later! Lol., goodnight.
    copy that chief

sosawestbrook

Woj just reported that Kyrie & KD each took less then the max so that they can sign Deandre Jordan.

and both those guys already have titles.

Portland, Oregon? Salem? Eugene?

ill sip my tea though