Betpoints: 10874

I posted similar thread months ago
    Something has to give somewhere

Think about all the big time college football and basketball

Basically free labor with all the other benefits and tuition keeps rising

Big colleges are absolutely killing it

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Philadelphia likely has ended any shot a a championship they had, grossly overpay in aging horford, don't resign butler, what a shit show.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Try taking your family to Disneyland or Disneyworld these days. Better bring a small fortune in cash for the day..

A one-day, one-park adult ticket for Disneyland or California Adventure remains $97 for low-demand days, such as weekdays in May. A ticket for regular-demand days is $117, up from $110. The price of a ticket on peak-demand days is $135, up from $124.

Pricing doesn't include parking, food/drink, gifts, etc.. https://disneyland.disney.go.com/tickets/
    Lol Disneyland is not that expensive bro. It’s iconic. I always laugh when people bitch about price of food and drinks when at a concert/game etc... you damn well know what your getting yourself into. Go or don’t nobody forcing you.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

I knew I should of practiced my jump shot more than my curveball

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

Disneyland looks like a bargain compared to attending these sporting events

And the mouse always gets his $$$$

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11806

Thats why the NFL AND MLB package is the cheapest tix in town. I havent been to a game in 10 years. Got a 50 yard line and box seat right in my living room. My hot dogs 14.39 for 12 hot dogs and beers cost me $1. As I watch these games, the seats are empty
    Points Awarded:

Shute gave INVEGA MAN 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

Good news

Movie prices have remained stagnant for 10 years

They just keep rising the prices on popcorn

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    Thats why the NFL AND MLB package is the cheapest tix in town. I havent been to a game in 10 years. Got a 50 yard line and box seat right in my living room. My hot dogs 14.39 for 12 hot dogs and beers cost me $1. As I watch these games, the seats are empty
    Sharp as a razor!!!!

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

When this country goes into a bad recession this all comes crashing down

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

supply and demand, as noted.. the money is there to pay them these salaries... i don't agree it's shocking when you see some of the #'s.

NBA seems like it just gets a bigger fan base every year. growing popular outside USA and it fits in so much with black culture, that white young people seem to be obsessed with.

so many other things been killed by internet and fragmentation (i.e watch what you want, not "what's on") but nba is not one of them

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

Easily spend $1000 per game attending NFL and NBA

$500 for MLB

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO

$300 a ticket
    X2
    Parking $50
    Pregame partying $100
    Game drinks $200
    Uber home $50

Pick up car that has been towed to lot
    $250

Lost wages $15

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    When this country goes into a bad recession this all comes crashing down
    how? explain. you have a lot of strong opinions on this subject. id love to hear some reasoning

reddit is free. you can watch every game/any team. twitter is free. you can see everything your favorite player or team talks about or does. Instagram is free. you can engage with your favorite athlete via photo or video. youtube is free. highlights/post game interviews/anything worth any sort of buzz relating to the game is viewable on that platform.

dont tell me its do with ticket prices or anything relating to watching the game in person. there are teams that have sold out every home game for over 2 decades now. that is just a matter of team relevance & has little to no impact on the status of the economy. if the product is good, people will come. you can debate all you want on your feelings towards how satisfied you are with the product. it is completely subjective

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Easily spend $1000 per game attending NFL and NBA

$500 for MLB
    i hear you in general but i was an NBA season ticket holder for years. i'd say it cost me $50 per game all-in. $70 with beers. i didn't pay for parking or transport as i already worked downtown

i do think the giant screen tv and beers at home has cut into live attendance everywhere.

SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Philadelphia likely has ended any shot a a championship they had, grossly overpay in aging horford, don't resign butler, what a shit show.
    but they get to keep Harris for 5 years and $180 million

SBR Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    $300 a ticket
    X2
    Parking $50
    Pregame partying $100
    Game drinks $200
    Uber home $50

Pick up car that has been towed to lot
    $250

Lost wages $15

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Salaries are like this because people watch. Simple. You want the salaries to go down? Stop watching. It amazes me that threads get made like this.

SBR Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    $50 to park as well

Only watch games on TV these days
    I never understood how parking prices change depending on the event.

go to the Linc to see a eagles game pay $40, go to the same place to see Temple pay $20
    Yes I understood a pro vs. college fb game or the Rolling Stones vs. maybe the Cars
    but parking should be one price

maybe it's just me

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Nice to know even the small market teams like Portland are flush with cash. Lillard is going to make nearly 50 million a year to shoot threes.

SBR Tony

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Salaries are like this because people watch. Simple. You want the salaries to go down? Stop watching. It amazes me that threads get made like this.
    I don't really watch, ( NBA, NHL or much of MLB )

NBA this past season a total of maybe 2 hours from the start of the season to the championships

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Ill be hitting up an NFL game this year... but for a big playoff game ill be waiting for the "huge" playoff game that comes along in the next 3 years for Indy

last playoff game i attended with my cousin was the 2009 afc title game on 1-24-2010 vs Jets when they made those back to back playoff runs to afc title games

Colts were down 11 2 min before half... similar to being down 15 vs pats at half 3 years prior... so back to being down 11 they grabbed momentum going into half with a 4 play 80 yard TD drive vs the #1 D

shut them out 17 zip in the 2H with Manning shredding them all while use Wayne as a Decoy who was on Revis Island

TD throws to Collie, Garcon and one to Dallas Clark in the 4th Q to all but seal the win

last NBA game I went to LeBron was on the Cavs and Tim was in his prime for the Spurs and he won the game with a shot with 10 seconds or so left and LeBron followed that up by missing... lol def over a decade ago

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

New NBA stadiums suck. Seats are tiny. I'm 6' tall and my legs were jammed up against the seat in front of me. I wouldn't take tickets again even if they were free.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Most of it paid by people who never watch it indirectly through cable bills. The "get as much as you can while you can" mentality will only bring about the downfall faster but it's hard to tell the players to worry about what happens when they're done playing.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post

people go to games and they don't care about the cost of things, they are in the moment and they purchase whatever

they will bitch about the cost but best believe they will buy that $9 beer

you are clueless
    No he is just broke

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Just make more as my x gold digger once said, or just stay home and watch the games on TV for free.

No use biitching and moaning about high ticket prices. If there is a demand then the prices are justified. It's a business..

Can always scalp for bleeds right after the games start outside the arenas for pennies on the dollar ..

First 12