JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3643

Newbie to Bitcoin question

I'm fairly new to using Bitcoin. I use Blockchain as my wallet. My question is... what is the best way to get money from Blockchain to your bank account?

OR, if you have any other suggestions like using Paypal or anything like that I'm open to ideas. I just don't really like having too much money sit there in case it should take a dive.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Just use coinbase

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15343

I use Gemini

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

I would suggest gemini over coinbase. I'm surprised it has taking John Galt so long to get to BTC

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    I would suggest gemini over coinbase. I'm surprised it has taking John Galt so long to get to BTC
    Exactly. I figured Mr. Galt would of been the first on it.

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 362

I use coinbase as well but why do you suggest gemini?

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by stackz125 View Post
    I use coinbase as well but why do you suggest gemini?
    1. Don't gouge you on the quoted price. Coinbase always does.

2. Gemini has lower buying and selling fees than Coinbase.

3. Gemini doesn't charge you any Bitcoin networking fees when sending. They give you 10 Free every calendar month.

Coinbase lost my business 2+ years ago.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: unlearn, and billyloco

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17040

i left gemini when they upped their exchange fees to 1%. you can trade at the coinbase pro exchange for .15% maker fee or .25% taker fee. dont use the regular coinbase site to sell though.
    Last edited by fried cheese; 06-12-19 at 05:14 AM. Reason: forgot what they changed the fee to

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3643

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Exactly. I figured Mr. Galt would of been the first on it.
    I hear that. A friend of mine sort of scared me into all the dangers of using bitcoin for the last several years. He made it sound like all of your money could disappear at any moment and there would be nothing you could do about it. I was hesitant for a long time because of that.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    I hear that. A friend of mine sort of scared me into all the dangers of using bitcoin for the last several years. He made it sound like all of your money could disappear at any moment and there would be nothing you could do about it. I was hesitant for a long time because of that.
    This friend of yours is an idiot.

Welcome John~!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Coinbase much better

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    i left gemini when they upped their exchange fees to 1%. you can trade at the coinbase pro exchange for .15% maker fee or .25% taker fee. dont use the regular coinbase site to sell though.
    I left Coinbase when that jacked the rates... and then reported select accounts to the IRS....

I'm getting bent over... and drilled.

Great company.

I've done numerous transactions with Gemini.... not one IRS form.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

IF you need small amounts you can just buy bitcoin at coinstar change machines at wal-mart etc.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

I left Coinbase when that jacked the rates... and then reported select accounts to the IRS....

I'm getting bent over... and drilled.

Great company.

I've done numerous transactions with Gemini.... not one IRS form.
    ironic because gemini asked for the social security info before doing anything for me and CB didint

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    ironic because gemini asked for the social security info before doing anything for me and CB didint
    lol Come on Shocka... all exchanges ask for SSN's. The one thing I refuse to send is a photo ID. Coinbase wanted one after 14 months of doing business with them... I refused. So my account was on hold. Gemini never asked for a photo ID. Seems like I've been with them for 2+ years now.

Just google Coinbase IRS.... and you'll see how they turned in 13,000+ clients to the IRS. Ridiculous.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Just google Coinbase IRS.... and you'll see how they turned in 13,000+ clients to the IRS. Ridiculous.
    Gemini and Coinbase use the same criteria for sending 1099Ks to the IRS.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by LLXC View Post
    Gemini and Coinbase use the same criteria for sending 1099Ks to the IRS.
    And you're entitled to believe whatever you want to believe.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

lol Come on Shocka... all exchanges ask for SSN's. The one thing I refuse to send is a photo ID. Coinbase wanted one after 14 months of doing business with them... I refused. So my account was on hold. Gemini never asked for a photo ID. Seems like I've been with them for 2+ years now.

To be fair to Coinbase, they were hit with a "John Doe" summons demanding every customer record who had transacted bitcoin over a 2 year period.

Coinbase fought that tooth and nail and ended up only having to hand over a tiny % of accounts that specifically appeared to be holding large sums, as a type of Swiss bank account alternative.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30364

BitMEX the best

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    To be fair to Coinbase, they were hit with a "John Doe" summons demanding every customer record who had transacted bitcoin over a 2 year period.

Coinbase fought that tooth and nail and ended up only having to hand over a tiny % of accounts that specifically appeared to be holding large sums, as a type of Swiss bank account alternative.
    opti always keeping it real. got to love opti unless he is winning at poker

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

We talked about this 2 years ago... in regards to every time you clicked to BUY Bitcoin (At Coinbase...) the rate would ALWAYS INCREASE. It NEVER DECREASED... NEVER NEVER NEVER. I did tests for weeks on their system. I hope they lost tons of clients. All of the intelligent traders don't even screw with Coinbase.

They didn't go to BAT FOR THEIR CLIENTS.... they hung em out to dry.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

so in your mind if you cashout 50k from Gemini and don't pay either income or capital gains taxes on it you believe you are 'safe' if audited? lol think again bud

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    so in your mind if you cashout 50k from Gemini and don't pay either income or capital gains taxes on it you believe you are 'safe' if audited? lol think again bud
    I think you might be misinterpreting my posts? When did I ever mention anyone was "safe" from an audit?

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

how long does Gemini take to deposit USD from my bank? longer or the same as CB?