stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Bloody hell?! Seriously?!

Thank you
    Your welcome.

There was one gruesome scene with a dog. After that I had to change channels. Didn’t like knowing that all happened.

The military went a certain radius out and started destroying all the animals. Most were pets.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    The hospital scenes make suicide look favorable.
    I definitely would have asked for a bullet to the head.

blackbart
    blackbart's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20625

Slava Malamud‏ @SlavaMalamud

The entire theme of the series is shouted loud and clear in every episode: it's the cost of lies. Like radiation in the human body, they accumulate and never go away until there is simply too much, and the result is fatal. This serves as a great teachable moment to any society...

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Final episode tonight?

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

The guy that plays legasov most likely going to win an award and start popping up in a few major motion movies

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Actor Jared Harris discusses the battle on fake news, the Netflix debate and his new HBO/Sky Atlantic TV drama series Chernobyl.

The show focuses on the disaster at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in April 1986 and the sacrifices of the men and women involved in dealing with the fallout and the attempted cover up.

Harris plays Valery Legasov, a leading Soviet physicist who was one the first people to grasp the scale of the disaster and who killed himself on the second anniversary.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

I've read that Russia isn't happy about the show.

They are arguing much isn't true but experts say it is and they are simply ashamed to this day.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    I've read that Russia isn't happy about the show.

They are arguing much isn't true but experts say it is and they are simply ashamed to this day.
    Of course they aren't, Putin is the modern day Stalin when it comes to silencing free speech and opposition

blackbart
    blackbart's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20625

Chernobyl's EPISODE 5 is now the only 10/10 rated episode on the whole IMDB. There was a period when Winds of Winter (Game Of Thrones) and Ozymandias (Breaking Bad) were 10/10 rated, no longer though.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Gosh if that's bad I'm not sure if I want to watch. I can try to laugh it off now but at the time it was really bad for us, especially as many that I knew (including my own family) were from the Ukraine and we didn't really have the proper Internet sense of how far away we were at the time. As I said our teacher was shit scared trying to tell us all would be well and yet we had that doom and gloom voice on the radio at the time. I guess because my hometown was so far up north so now I'm almost worried about what I'll see now 30 years later.

Man that was shit scary.
    My GF (was 6 at the time) and her mom left Belarus a month after this occurred and they still weren't told exactly what happened by any authority.

The mom came to USA in what I suspect is an arranged marriage for financial benefit (the new hubby ain't much to look at) and the daughter is pretty much 100% American now.... but the rest of their family stayed put, the ex hubby and both parents of the mom died in their 40s and 50s within 7 years of this.....

First 12