Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Doc Rivers Says Kawhi Leonard Is "Most Like Jordan That We've Seen"❓

"[Leonard] is the most like Jordan that we've seen," Rivers said. "There's a lot of great players. LeBron is phenomenal, KD is phenomenal. Not that [Leonard] is Jordan or anything like that, but he's the most like him. Big hands, post game, can finish. Great leaper, great defender, in-between game. If you beat him to the spot he bumps you off, and then you add his three-point shooting."

Hman

Say what???

Kawhi is solid, but I see no comparison at all.

Kobe's style is probably the most comparable to MJ.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

I see it not in the actual style or look of jordan but does some of the same things just kinda taking over during these playoffs and the game is kinda the same with some of the back to the basket game, the mid range game, the aggressiveness, defense just all around making his presence known on both sides of the floor
    Last edited by jtoler; 05-29-19 at 07:20 PM.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Leonard couldn't carry Jordan's gym bag. Jordan has 6 finals and 6 rings.

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Idk Jordan had so much life in his game

If you take out Jordan’s charisma & athleticism then yeah? I guess

Jordan to Kobe is a much more accurate comparison. Doc should know this

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post

Clippers are targeting Kawhi this off-season so I wonder if Rivers is just trying to butter him up by making such a comparison.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If Toronto wins Leonard stays

Toronto 10000000000000x better sports City than LA

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47462

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Say what???

Kawhi is solid, but I see no comparison at all.

Kobe's style is probably the most comparable to MJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    Idk Jordan had so much life in his game

If you take out Jordan’s charisma & athleticism then yeah? I guess

agree with you both

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

leonard is from west coast and already has rings i cant see him staying in canada

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

doc rivers is very overrated

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

His game is very similar. Hman clueless. Kobe stole ALL of mj's moves. Leonard has his own game but it is very similar to Jordans.

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    His game is very similar. Hman clueless. Kobe stole ALL of mj's moves. Leonard has his own game but it is very similar to Jordans.
    What’s wrong with imitating the greatest player who ever lived?

A lot of scorers are similar. The game is very fundamental. Unless you are a freak of nature from an athletic standpoint or play with a unique style like Harden or Curry.

Kobe & MJ way more finesse then Kawhi. Their game was poetic. Elusive footwork, sneaky dribbles, 360 dunks, euros, etc

Kawhi is probably stronger then both & therefore a better rebounder and interior defender because of it.

Media loves to run with these types of narratives. And it’s not wrong but it’s pointless honestly

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Adults say the darndest things.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

The quote doesn’t call him MJ or say he is best player in league. Just says he is a better comparison to mike than all time greats like Lebron, Curry or Kd. Those 3 have different games than Mike.

Kawhi has imposed his will on all 3 playoff opponents. He has slowed down opps best scoring option for several games and been a killer on offense. This is what MJ did.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot, and Thrilla

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16136

Blatant tampering! Raptors are focused on the finals now obviously but I wouldn't be surprised if this goes to the league office like when Magic talked about George on a chat show.

Bryant is closer to MJ because he's a guard where as Leonard is a big strong guy. Both have studied MJs game -Leonard did so under Pop's instruction.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Kobe's defense a bit overrated. kawhi plays defense on a higher level than jordan. similar offensive game. and a big difference that kobe isn't, efficient. If you watch a lot of jordan video he found shots where they were. much like kawhi. jordan would use the baseline against utah to get a better chance at 1 on 1 shot in 4q of finals. kawhi is very good at finding good shots. kobe more of a gunner.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    Kobe's defense a bit overrated. kawhi plays defense on a higher level than jordan. similar offensive game. and a big difference that kobe isn't, efficient. If you watch a lot of jordan video he found shots where they were. much like kawhi. jordan would use the baseline against utah to get a better chance at 1 on 1 shot in 4q of finals. kawhi is very good at finding good shots. kobe more of a gunner.
    the bold is the biggest thing you notice about Kawhi he takes what the defense gives him when you do that it looks and is much easier

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Blatant tampering! Raptors are focused on the finals now obviously but I wouldn't be surprised if this goes to the league office like when Magic talked about George on a chat show.

Bryant is closer to MJ because he's a guard where as Leonard is a big strong guy. Both have studied MJs game -Leonard did so under Pop's instruction.

Agree with everything you said, especially the tampering part

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    the bold is the biggest thing you notice about Kawhi he takes what the defense gives him when you do that it looks and is much easier
    jordan was a true basketball genius, but so athletic people didn't pay attention to that. two most impressive things i remember is the double nickel game when he drops 55 on the knicks, and draws the defense to give bill wennington the game winner. also the kerr and paxson shots and not caring about clout and game winners in finals. also i believe in game 1 of finals vs. phoenix, bulls open on a 12-0 run before he ever takes a shot as he is just reading the defense and whats there. neither kobe or kawhi very good passers the way jordan was.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kawhi is a great player, but he hasn't looked 100% since game 4 again Milwaukee, and now he'll be guarded mostly by Igoudala, the biggest test so far. The one weakness to Kawhi's game is passing and GS will double him late. I think he's a top 5 player but comparing him to Kobe and Jordan before the finals has even started is too soon.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Lol he was 1 ring bro. ONE. Until he wins at least 4 I'll never put him in Jordan and Kobe breath. Like you guys said, it's all tampering.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

just saying this because he wants him to sign with the clippers

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Doc Rivers was horrible as a player. He didn't make the Deeam Team. But Stockton did. A guy who couldn't beat Stockton for the job should not be telling people Leonard is better than Jordan.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Doc Rivers was horrible as a player. He didn't make the Deeam Team. But Stockton did. A guy who couldn't beat Stockton for the job should not be telling people Leonard is better than Jordan.
    lol ur twisting the quote think a lot of people are taking what he said out of context and missing the point

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    just saying this because he wants him to sign with the clippers
    Probably.... no way Leonard would sign with Clippers anyways.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10263

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

JJ The World Traveler. You miss a zero?
    LA has many options for the active person. 40 below in Toronto shortens the options.r

JJ Which city has better homeless shelters for broken down punters?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

If I was a homeless I would move to LA. Why would you want to sleep outaide in the freezing weather of Toronto?

jtoler

hope he does go to the clippers they were prob my fav team to watch this year I hate they traded avery bradley though love to watch him lock up the whole league guy is never talked about thats the kind of guy doc loves and he lets him go I like shamet too didnt see enough of him at wichita st. to know how good he was but he is promising they did well with no stars in the starting lineup over exceeded all expectations

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10263

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    If I was a homeless I would move to LA. Why would you want to sleep outaide in the freezing weather of Toronto?
    Shelters...But of course you're correct.
    Ahhh, SoCal vs Ontario

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

The Los Angeles Clippers were fined $50,000 by the NBA after head coach Doc Rivers made public comments Tuesday comparing Toronto Raptors superstar forward Kawhi Leonard to Michael Jordan.

Shams Charania of Stadium and The Athletic on Friday reported the fine, which was levied under the league's anti-tampering rule.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The tampering rules are a joke because they don't apply to players - they should apply to everyone or just not be there.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Stephen A. Smith defends Doc Rivers' take that Kawhi Leonard's attributes are similar to Michael Jordan's, but Max Kellerman says Kobe Bryant is a "basic replica" of MJ.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22668

Talking heads have to talk and then run out of good stuff and then get stupid.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 358

Few things in NBA free agency rumor circles spark more speculation than real estate. It usually goes something like: Player X has bought a house in City Y so he’s obviously signing with Team Z.

The NBA’s upcoming free agency class is a massive one, so there’s already been plenty of speculation fueled by property records.

Kyrie Irving has reportedly purchased a home back in the New York City area, while Kevin Durant is rumored to have relocated his company’s headquarters to the Big Apple.

Now, we have a Kawhi Leonard update.

“We have heard he’s purchased a property in Toronto,” Michael Landsberg said on Toronto 1050. “We’ve heard this now from two different sources, indicating there’s something there.”