thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

Bro I swear you love Wade so much. Leonard shut down James and won finals MVP. Let's evaluate Leonard in 8 years. Gold medal lol stop no one cares about that crap except melo
    Wade couldn't even get out of the first round of the playoffs without Shaq or Lebron and he was hurt most of his career. He averaged over 25 points a game 3 times in nearly 17 years, if Leonard keeps playing at this level he'll leave Wade in the Dust.

Wade was the best player on 1 championship team, and that was with the NBA not rigging but coming close to handing the series to Miami against Dallas in 2006.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Is that why no one forgets team USA losing in like 04 or whenever it was? The world will never, ever forget when USA doesn't win gold in basketball. It's literally one of the biggest disgraces in history, not just of sports, just in world history in general.

Leonard did not shut down James. James averaged amazing numbers in that series I'm pretty sure. Sure, we can evaluate Leonard in 8 years, that's fine. But everyone who thinks Leonard is so good are the people who quickly forget everything. Leonard played with so many legends around him bro. He never carried that team to a ring. All of those guys were still in their primes. Parker Ginobli and Duncan were all putting up sick numbers in that playoff run, in both of them... Leonard was the best player of those guys, but if anything, they carried him to a ring. Leonard would have 0 rings if not for those 3, 100% guaranteed. Until he wins a ring without them, that ring is meaningless to me.

Saying Leonard is better than a guy who scored 35 a game in the finals is preposterous. And that was in a time where defense was actually played..... These 30 point nights now by Leonard and Harden are worthless.
    Here is a read for you

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/p...avoc-on-lebron

thomorino

Is that why no one forgets team USA losing in like 04 or whenever it was? The world will never, ever forget when USA doesn't win gold in basketball. It's literally one of the biggest disgraces in history, not just of sports, just in world history in general.

Leonard did not shut down James. James averaged amazing numbers in that series I'm pretty sure. Sure, we can evaluate Leonard in 8 years, that's fine. But everyone who thinks Leonard is so good are the people who quickly forget everything. Leonard played with so many legends around him bro. He never carried that team to a ring. All of those guys were still in their primes. Parker Ginobli and Duncan were all putting up sick numbers in that playoff run, in both of them... Leonard was the best player of those guys, but if anything, they carried him to a ring. Leonard would have 0 rings if not for those 3, 100% guaranteed. Until he wins a ring without them, that ring is meaningless to me.

Saying Leonard is better than a guy who scored 35 a game in the finals is preposterous. And that was in a time where defense was actually played..... These 30 point nights now by Leonard and Harden are worthless.
    Leonard dominated that Finals - he was so good he won finals MVP despite fouling out early in games 1 and 2. Lebron's stats are meaningless, after game 2 most of the games were blowouts, Lebron scoring baskets in the 3rd quarter down 20 doesn't mean shit.

Leonard's 30 point plus games and dominant defensive games aren't meaningless - they're the reason the team is 1 game from the Finals.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I remember that series well. James scored at will against Leonard. Sure, Leonard is the best matchup in the league against James, and he's been a great defender, but offense will win every time. He made it hard on James, but James still got his numbers. That series was a blowout not because of Leonard bro, it was because of the Spurs vets. They were hellbent on amending their fukkup. A young player doesn't think that way. Tim Duncan does. Ginobli. Parker. They weren't gonna lose.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Wade couldn't even get out of the first round of the playoffs without Shaq or Lebron and he was hurt most of his career. He averaged over 25 points a game 3 times in nearly 17 years, if Leonard keeps playing at this level he'll leave Wade in the Dust.

Wade was the best player on 1 championship team, and that was with the NBA not rigging but coming close to handing the series to Miami against Dallas in 2006.
    Shaq rode Wade's coattails to a ring dude. I remember watching Shaq getting bullied by Big Ben in 2004. And after that too. And I witnessed Wade LIVE getting anything he wanted against that Pistons team after he got his feet wet for a couple years. That Pistons team was the best team in the East, and then this kid named D Wade came along and broke through them. Shaq? Wade carried that guy dude, for 3 years.

Wade did make it out of the first round without those guys, not sure where you're getting your facts from. His very first season in the league, he won a series on a buzzer beater... That's when the legend was born. Wade was also the best player in the first year Wade and James were together. That's not debatable. Wade averaged 30 in the finals against Dallas, James averaged 17. Simple. I win that argument, so don't try it.

That means in reality that Wade was the 2nd best player in the world at that time (after kobe). Leonard has never been the 2nd best player in the world. Maybe he'll get there. But he's not better than KD, he's not better than Lebron obviously.

Wade led the NBA in scoring before. He could have easily done it more. Leonard averages like 3 assists per game bro. He's not a playmaker. To put him on Wade's level means you really didn't watch D Wade play. This is a guy who averaged 30 and 8 assists one season, in a year where the best defensive teams in history were playing (the Spurs and the Celtics -- both historically the best ever).

These stats today are straight garbage dude. Anyone can see that.

Once Kawhi wins a ring as the man like Wade did, then come back here. He won finals MVP in that series averaging what, 20? In a blowout win? Because the Spurs legends came to play.

Once he puts a team on his back, and wins a ring. Come back here and tell me Kawhi is better than D Wade. Until then

What's next bro, you gonna say Kawhi leonard is better than Kobe Bryant?

I'm done.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

isnt goat milk the 5'8 140lb white guy with gold chains that stiffs points?

hey bro is this you?

thomorino

Shaq rode Wade's coattails to a ring dude. I remember watching Shaq getting bullied by Big Ben in 2004. And after that too. And I witnessed Wade LIVE getting anything he wanted against that Pistons team after he got his feet wet for a couple years. That Pistons team was the best team in the East, and then this kid named D Wade came along and broke through them. Shaq? Wade carried that guy dude, for 3 years.

Wade did make it out of the first round without those guys, not sure where you're getting your facts from. His very first season in the league, he won a series on a buzzer beater... That's when the legend was born. Wade was also the best player in the first year Wade and James were together. That's not debatable. Wade averaged 30 in the finals against Dallas, James averaged 17. Simple. I win that argument, so don't try it.

That means in reality that Wade was the 2nd best player in the world at that time. Leonard has never been the 2nd best player in the world. Maybe he'll get there. But he's not better than KD, he's not better than Lebron obviously.

Wade led the NBA in scoring before. He could have easily done it more. Leonard averages like 3 assists per game bro. He's not a playmaker. To put him on Wade's level means you really didn't watch D Wade play. This is a guy who averaged 30 and 8 assists one season, in a year where the best defensive teams in history were playing (the Spurs and the Celtics -- both historically the best ever).

These stats today are straight garbage dude. Anyone can see that.

Once Kawhi wins a ring as the man like Wade did, then come back here. He won finals MVP in that series averaging what, 20? In a blowout win? Because the Spurs legends came to play.

Once he puts a team on his back, and wins a ring. Come back here and tell me Kawhi is better than D Wade. Until then
    Wade was never considered even close to Kobe or Lebron - not close - again he couldn't get out of the first round of the playoffs without Shaq or Lebron most years. Kawhi right now is playing at a higher level than Durant - their offensive numbers are similar but Leonard is playing better defense. Leonard shits on wade as a defender and they are comparable offensively. Its still early but if Leonard plays at this level another 5-6 years he'll leave Wade far behind.

Goat Milk

Leonard's career high in assists was 9, last game. Wade averaged almost 8 for a whole season as a SG. Lol. That's why I'll never put these guys like Kawhi or Klay Thompson on Wade's level. They can't make plays for teammates. They're just scorers and defenders. Kobe could go out and drop 14 assists any time he desired. Wade -- any time he desired. Lebron, whenever he chooses to, he can do it. When you do that, **and you're not a PG**, that speaks volumes.

Leonard has room to improve his game in that area. Let's see if he does it.

thomorino

Leonard's career high in assists was 9, last game. Wade averaged almost 8 for a whole season as a SG. Lol. That's why I'll never put these guys like Kawhi or Klay Thompson on Wade's level. They can't make plays for teammates. They're just scorers and defenders. Kobe could go out and drop 14 assists any time he desired. Wade -- any time he desired. Lebron, whenever he chooses to, he can do it. When you do that, **and you're not a PG**, that speaks volumes.

Leonard has room to improve his game in that area. Let's see if he does it.
    Wade was never a playmaker not close - again - why he couldn't lead teams consistently deep in the playoffs. Leonard is a better defender than Wade and he's comparable offensively.

Goat Milk

Wade was never considered even close to Kobe or Lebron - not close - again he couldn't get out of the first round of the playoffs without Shaq or Lebron most years. Kawhi right now is playing at a higher level than Durant - their offensive numbers are similar but Leonard is playing better defense. Leonard shits on wade as a defender and they are comparable offensively. Its still early but if Leonard plays at this level another 5-6 years he'll leave Wade far behind.
    I just shut down your argument. Wade averaged 30 against Dallas. Lebron averaged 17. You lose. Wade was better that year. Wade made it past the first round several times without those 2 as well. And he literally played half his career with Lebron and Shaq, so wtf are you even saying. You're living in the moment. I don't get caught up in the moment. That's the difference. The simple fact you're trying to argue that Lebron was better than Wade in 2010 seals the deal for me. I win this one. Evidenced in the finals. It was clear as day to everyone in the world.

thomorino

Wade wouldn't be anywhere near the player in this era he was in his era, which was star but not superstar level, too - he was a horrible 3 point shooter.

thomorino

I just shut down your argument. Wade averaged 30 against Dallas. Lebron averaged 17. You lose. Wade was better that year. Wade made it past the first round several times without those 2 as well. And he literally played half his career with Lebron and Shaq, so wtf are you even saying. You're living in the moment. I don't get caught up in the moment. That's the difference. The simple fact you're trying to argue that Lebron was better than Wade in 2010 seals the deal for me. I win this one. Evidenced in the finals. It was clear as day to everyone in the world.
    Goat your arguments are getting worse by the second - Lebron was far better than Wade in the playoffs that year, wade was better in the finals and that's why they lost. They won with Lebron as the 1st option, lost with Wade taking most of the shots.

Nobody thinks Wade is in the same conversation as Lebron and Kobe, you'd have to be delusional to think that.

Wade wasn't shit without a second superstar, Lebron took a Cleveland team whose 2nd best player was Mo Williams to the finals - and then he took that garbage Cavs team last year to the Finals.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by jts1207 View Post
    He acted like a bitch in SA.
    True. But he didn't like that treatment, when Popovich is staring him down from above.

thomorino

Wade also never averaged 8 assists and his career numbers for assists are around 5 - nothing special. Leonard postseason this year has been more impressive than anything he put together in his career as an individual.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I love these arguments

Wade couldn’t get outta the 1st, no it was Shaq that rode his coattail

KD couldn’t win without Curry but he got 2 finals mvps, others say the Warriors would only have one ring if not for KD

LBJ isn’t clutch and needed Wade and Kyrie to get his rings

Trump is the greatest, Trump is the worst

Lot of wasted breath
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Git Lo

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Dummies

Nobody knows

Your not on the inside lol
    Good laughs

Goat Milk

Wade was never a playmaker not close - again - why he couldn't lead teams consistently deep in the playoffs. Leonard is a better defender than Wade and he's comparable offensively.
    Wade wasn't a playmaker? He averaged 8 assists per game in his prime. You want me to show you a highlight reel of his passes. Leonard can't make a simple bounce pass on a pick and roll. You're finished bro. Bedtime for you.

thomorino

Wade wasn't a playmaker? He averaged 8 assists per game in his prime. You want me to show you a highlight reel of his passes. Leonard can't make a simple bounce pass on a pick and roll. You're finished bro. Bedtime for you.
    Wade averaged 5 assists per game for his career, in his prime he was still below 7 most years, he was a 2 guard, not a playmaker, bye little guy.

Goat Milk

Wade also never averaged 8 assists and his career numbers for assists are around 5 - nothing special. Leonard postseason this year has been more impressive than anything he put together in his career as an individual.
    Wade led the league in scoring and averaged 8 assists per game that same year (top 5 in the league that year). All ur facts are wrong bro.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30436

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Dummies

Nobody knows

Your not on the inside lol
    Good laughs
    Uncle Dennis took charge. Wanted Leonard in a bigger market.

thomorino

Wade led the league in scoring and averaged 8 assists per game that same year (top 5 in the league that year). All ur facts are wrong bro.
    Wade did not ever average 8 assists in a year - look it up.

Goat Milk

Wade averaged 5 assists per game for his career, in his prime he was still below 7 most years, he was a 2 guard, not a playmaker, bye little guy.
    Leonard averages 18 and 2 assists for his career bro. WTF are you even smoking. You live in the moment, it's clear as day. Wade carried a team on his back to a ring averaging 35 a night in the finals. Leonard has never come close to doing that. Never. If he's as good as you say, he'll carry this raptors team to a ring and score 40 a night in this inflated league. Wade in his prime would easily dispose of a KD-less Warriors (hypothetically, if he doesn't play, which he will). Wade would annihilate Curry and Thompson in his 06 heyday. On both ends of the court.

Goat Milk

Wade did not ever average 8 assists in a year - look it up.
    30 pts 5 boards and 7.5 assists. I win again. Damn I'm good.

Goat Milk

Goat your arguments are getting worse by the second - Lebron was far better than Wade in the playoffs that year, wade was better in the finals and that's why they lost. They won with Lebron as the 1st option, lost with Wade taking most of the shots.

Nobody thinks Wade is in the same conversation as Lebron and Kobe, you'd have to be delusional to think that.

Wade wasn't shit without a second superstar, Lebron took a Cleveland team whose 2nd best player was Mo Williams to the finals - and then he took that garbage Cavs team last year to the Finals.
    So let me try and understand this. Lebron was far better than Wade that year, but averaged 12 ppg less in the finals? Lmao!

I never said Wade is better than Bron. I said that year, he was the 2nd best player in the world after Bryant. The whole NBA knew it. There were quotes about it by Dallas's players during that series as well. About how D Wade was unstoppable. How he was impossible to guard. Players know more than us. Clearly, they did not find it impossible to guard James.

thomorino

Leonard averages 18 and 2 assists for his career bro. WTF are you even smoking. You live in the moment, it's clear as day. Wade carried a team on his back to a ring averaging 35 a night in the finals. Leonard has never come close to doing that. Never. If he's as good as you say, he'll carry this raptors team to a ring and score 40 a night in this inflated league. Wade in his prime would easily dispose of a KD-less Warriors (hypothetically, if he doesn't play, which he will). Wade would annihilate Curry and Thompson in his 06 heyday. On both ends of the court.
    Leonard didn't get major minutes his first couple years, those averages mean nothing. Wade was a horrible 3 point shooter, he wouldn't have been anywhere near as good in this era. Leonard has been a better overall player than Wade in his prime for a coupe years, and his career is just starting. Leonard is the best defensive player in the league, Wade was never close, and he's a far better 3 point shooter than Wade ever was.

Nitrogen
    Chasing
    Nitrogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 401

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    That's what the fake news media tells you.. I understand.. Let's stick basketball and facts Cheese..
    Fake news media? Stick to basketball? Your first post was a fake political quote from Leonard.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogen View Post
    Fake news media? Stick to basketball? Your first post was a fake political quote from Leonard.
    Prove it.. I don't post fake news. If I do it's not by my doing. I try my best to keep it real and stay open minded.. I double checked these quoted memes on this thread..

Take a hike pal.. Jibs is on it..

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

As usual Goat Milk's analysis is spot on.

First 12