homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    That finals was my most crushing defeat in my sports gambling career. Lost like 7. Buried myself in my bedroom for like 2 days. Didn't go to work. Said f this.
    I lost too but luckily not big. I remember when the year started I told buddies that team chemistry for Miami woulkd take time and id be surprised if the heat went past the east conf finals. Then they blew thru Chicago I think and I bought in. I had a buddy keep telling me that top to bottom the mavs were better and deeper but I didn't listen.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13317

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Take me back to this series... world was pounding Miami LARGE. Had Mavs for around 5k for series.

Sad that I have to go this far back for a decent size win.
    that was early in my betting career and i lost 300 and I even picked Heat when they were down 2-1 (or maybe it was the other way around). Tbh you had a way better bet on Dirk winning mvp I remember it was like 6-1 or something cant really remember but I remember I had a easy hedge for the Heat series bet by just throwing it on dirk mvp.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    U got almost 3 to 1 on Dallas that year didn't u, Money??
    I took them before the series. I think it was+163?

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I took them before the series. I think it was+163?
    Ok then the odds were much shorter than I thought.

I recall Miami winning game 1 and being way up in game 2 before the mavs came back and won that game and shifted all momentum in the series

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

I lost too but luckily not big. I remember when the year started I told buddies that team chemistry for Miami woulkd take time and id be surprised if the heat went past the east conf finals. Then they blew thru Chicago I think and I bought in. I had a buddy keep telling me that top to bottom the mavs were better and deeper but I didn't listen.
    They really weren't though bro. James melted down. Miami was a physical dominant force in that series, even after the game 2 meltdown. They won game 3 and James still had played horrible, and I was like "this is a wrap. If James plays even 70% of the MVP he is, it's over." Miami was way better all around, it really wasn't even close. It only came down to James in the end. If the 2nd best player in the world is gonna be scoring 17 a night and literally 0 every night in the 4th quarters -- literally -- yup. There goes my 7 racks. Unreal. People comment on Dallas's defense, the zone shit, but everyone who knows basketball knows it was all in Lebron's head. There was no killer in him. Dallas was really just a fluke to be honest. Dirk was a superstar but it's not like he played better than Wade in that series. I think they pretty much canceled. I remember betting heavy in game 6 live too. Thinking no way James goes out like this after the announcement.

Buried.

Wade morphed him into (as much as possible) a killer after that series. Without Wade, Lebron would have 0 rings, I guarantee it. No one would be able to teach him anything. He was the most arrogant guy before Wade.

Goat Milk

Ok then the odds were much shorter than I thought.

I recall Miami winning game 1 and being way up in game 2 before the mavs came back and won that game and shifted all momentum in the series
    Miami still won game 3. And they really should have won game 5. Wade was a beast on the road. Dallas had to play to their 100% potential, and Miami played to like 50%. With only 1 of the big 3 really showing up. And that series was still close as hell. So unless you foresaw James melting down, there'd be no reason to take Dallas in that series. Imagine if he had actually showed up. Even for half the series! Drop 35 one time! Drop 30 a couple times! Hell, drop 25! The way he was playing in the playoffs up till that point. If they got that James it would easily be a sweep or a 5 game series....

No one could have predicted James melting like that bro. There were no signs of it leading up to that point.

Anyone that took Dallas just did so because they were a fan or they didn't want to see that Miami team win. There was no basketball logic behind it.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30364

Deshawn Stevenson got into Lebron's head

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Deshawn Stevenson got into Lebron's head
    10000%

Him and Marion and Terry fukked him up mentally. That would never happen to Kobe. Just think about that. Had Kobe and Wade been in that finals, one playing the SF, or even wade playing PG like he used to, 0% chance Dallas would win that series. Literally 0%. Let that sink in when we talk about the greatest players ever.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

10000%

Him and Marion and Terry fukked him up mentally. That would never happen to Kobe. Just think about that. Had Kobe and Wade been in that finals, one playing the SF, or even wade playing PG like he used to, 0% chance Dallas would win that series. Literally 0%. Let that sink in when we talk about the greatest players ever.
    Few NBA star players in history will ever match the competitive will to win that KOBE and JORDAN displayed.. Lebron is not as mentally strong, I agree..

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30364

10000%

I always wondered why Jordan and Lebron weren't closer off the court. Both Kobe and Lebron idolized Jordan but Jordan only really seemed to like Kobe. But seems like a lot of it is because they are just different in that way. Jordan and Kobe are killers. Lebron not so much.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    I always wondered why Jordan and Lebron weren't closer off the court. Both Kobe and Lebron idolized Jordan but Jordan only really seemed to like Kobe. But seems like a lot of it is because they are just different in that way. Jordan and Kobe are killers. Lebron not so much.
    Kobe the same sized player and mirror'd Jordan's game. Lebron more of a physical athletic beast and didn't mirror MJ's game. Jordan I think saw a bit of himself in KOBE.. Kobe also always looked up to Jordan for advice in the early years..

First 1234