Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

How Many Posters Can Name One Single NBA Ref?

Yet we all know the Ed Hochuli's, Gene Steratore's, and Tony Corrente's of the world.

These NBA Refs, who control so much of the game, are totally anonymous. WWE refs have more prestige.

I can't stand those gutless pukes.

NHL Refs, who have traditionally been pretty good, are just flat out terrible this year......as is the review crew in Toronto. Unbelievable how many bad decisions they've made this year.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14380

Mendy Rudolph

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

IF you pay any attention, they aren't anonymous at all...and I barely watch the NBA

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Foster, Adams, Phillips, Corbin, Brothers.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

I can name a lot of them. I found it very interesting that everyone thought they all called in Lebrons favor when he was in Miami. So I took notes..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Leon Wood... I know him personally and he played basketball at the same Catholic school in Santa Monica, California I went to as well.. He was a damn good high school player too. My older brother played with him at St. Monica Catholic church and school on the same team, I was younger and went to the games....

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    IF you pay any attention, they aren't anonymous at all...and I barely watch the NBA
    Exactly.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

I think nfl refs and mlb umps make more of a difference.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know who the company guys are - Mauer, Philips, Brothers, Foster - those are the guys you have to look out for.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

I can`t give you current guys, as I just don`tg watch it enough anymore.
    In my youth, 70s & 80s:

Ritchie Powers
    Steve Javie
    Dan Crawford
    Earl Strom
    Darrell Garretson

My personal fav.....Jake O Donnell

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

I can not only name the refs, I have a database that goes back hundreds upon hundreds of games for every ref.

Zach Zarba was one of the refs tonight.

Beginning in the 2007-2008 season, I have over more than 800 games with him and he is one of the worst refs for the home team AGAINST THE SPREAD in my database.

Scott Foster, who was not a ref tonight but many have heard of, is pretty bad too, the worst depends on the metric used.

When it comes to the spread, they are road team refs for sure.

The home team covered tonight though, despite Zarba's presence.

"Our research is better than yours."---ESPN's Sporstcenter.

Joey Vigs
    Joey Vigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Clown thread. NBA refs by name are very well known. I could easily name 10

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15415

What's the broads name with the big titties KVB?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

What happened to the NBA female refs???

Apparently not smart enough to understand how to RIG a playoff game yet?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I cannot

I also can’t sleep

I had 4 cups of coffee , a pre work out, 2 expresso’s a whiskey and coke and 30 ** of adderall

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

Steve Javie

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

none any sport

MalikHusam
    I LIKE IT
    MalikHusam's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 842

NHL refs/rules are the best

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

I tried getting NBA ref jerseys back when each ref had a number boxed in red since they were the real stars that covered spreads

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Was at a AAU tourney years back my nephew was playing in. Joey Crawford’s grand son was playing against his team. I wanna say they were 12-13 years old. Of course the AAU referees on the game new Joey was there. Can’t even remember if the game was close just remember my nephews team winning. I’m sitting maybe 5 feet from Joey and after the game both refs come over asking for advice. In a straight no nonsense reply he says to both of them “maybe this level of play is too much for you”. Talk about a dream crusher

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

The Donkey guy

newton0038
    Update your status
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1947

TIM DONAGHY

Fall guy, as if the current field of refs never make phantom calls for their Overs

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

Quote Originally Posted by newton0038 View Post
    TIM DONAGHY

Fall guy, as if the current field of refs never make phantom calls for their Overs
    Yes. This is the donkey guy. Thank you newton

newton0038
    Update your status
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1947

The Raptors need him last night. Not a fukin point in the last 3:10. Hit 100 and called it quits

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Joey Crawford and Tim Donaghy are the only two ever to be known to the public.

You guys are full of shite!

Databases?! Laughable!

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post

Databases?! Laughable!
    Not sure if this is Harry or Lloyd posting above but the post is not true.

In fact, tonight's refs at the Warrior's are Ken Mauer, James Capers, and Josh Tiven.

I have over 800 games for Mauer, over 750 for Capers, and 575 for Tiven. I have ATS records and Total records for them, including the avg points per game (which isn't great because or rule changes over the time span so that stat should be split up over the years).

It's not a large handicapping factor, but is something that gets addressed, especially with extreme guys with a lot of games under their belts.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Databases?! Laughable!
    You make it seem like its not public information...

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    You make it seem like its not public information...
    Harry is the first and only person to ever think of NBA refs

shadymcgrady

Databases?! Laughable!
    Joey isn't even the biggest fixer with the last name Crawford

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Almost all of them and know their #s as well.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

my all time fave official in any sport

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Scott foster, he the one who rockets always bitch about right? I like him!!

I have a whole book for mlb umps, I don’t follow nba that closely tho.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tim Donaghy's Finals Preview

shari91 12

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    He'll be releasing a breakdown for game 1 as well. I'll post it when he does.

They’ve met eleven times before, as recently as 2008, and between them, there are 32 Championship rings. You guessed it, The Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics meet for the twelfth time in the 2010 NBA Finals (although it could have been Cleveland vs. Los Angeles had Delonte West kept his wandering eye on the ball!). The way I see it, though, if you apply the blueprint I created in my book, Personal Foul, the league’s head office will do their level best to extend the series. Looking at the moving parts - the fans, the coaching staff, and the players-it’s interesting to speculate on who might walk away with the ring. The wildcard, though, is how the referees will facilitate the message coming down from the head office, which can easily change the direction of the series.

All eyes will be on the individual match-ups and the referees assigned to judge the series. Looking at the fans, those from Boston are among the most knowledgeable in any league. They will cast an incredibly critical eye on the referees throughout the finals. Phil Jackson will wish he was in Sacramento, no doubt he will be wearing his ear plugs. As most NBA games are decided in the first quarter, and since the LA fans don’t show up until the second quarter, those fans won’t help the outcome of the games much at all. As I score the fans, the advantage goes to the Boston Celtics.

The coaching staffs are a different story. Doc Rivers tries to manipulate the refs by sucking up to them. If that fails, he starts to whine like a baby. Phil Jackson, on the other hand, uses sarcasm and the media to help him with the officials and he does an excellent job at working them game at a time. Jackson’s game by game adjustments will make Rivers’ head spin. Scoring the coaches and their styles of court side manners, the advantage goes to the Los Angeles Lakers.

As for the players, you can be sure that Kobe will continue to receive ‘star treatment’, look for the whistle to blow each time he receives a bump or a scratch. Comparing this year’s talent, Kobe/Odom/Artest should prevail over Garnet/Rondo/Pierce and I’ll throw in Allen. With that, Boston will be frustrated with the refs if they feel to be getting anything less than a fair shake. Game 5 in the Orlando vs. Boston series comes to mind as an example of that. Perkins, Wallace and Rivers will not be able to keep their emotions in check if they feel slighted. Look for some fireworks in games 2 and 3. Scoring the players, both on skill and chemistry, I give the advantage to the Los Angeles Lakers.

In the 2010 playoff series, I quite accurately made some game predictions solely to prove the point of the book’s blueprint. I did not, however, pick winners in order to further anyone’s gambling habits. In fact, looking in the mirror at myself, as well as the clients that I am now helping through my work at the Firstep Consulting, a gambling treatment facility based in New Jersey and owned by Mike Osborne, I am reminded that the true winners emerging from these playoffs are the very people who can fend off the temptation to have any action on these games.

Does it matter who I think will take home the ring? No, rather, I am hopeful that my book has created a larger awareness of the crooked outcomes in professional basketball as well as the evils of gambling on those very games. The NBA would be wise to let the best team win and simultaneously prove me wrong. But really, I think the head office, as chief architect of series’ outcome, will let the refs do the dirty work of letting the almighty dollar call the winner of this series.

Stay tuned for my game breakdowns in this Lakers/Celtics series!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Do the refs have their names on the back of their shirts? If not I wouldn't know their names. They can be in line with me at Walmart and I wouldn't notice. Only time I noticed someone is if they are on TV a lot. I was behind Ernie Johnson one time at Target.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Can name some. Scott Foster, Kenny Mauer. Dick Bavetta is a retired ref.

But your point is valid. Ref could be a betting angle, similar to the way Umpire is an angle in MLB.

12 Last