2019 NBA playoffs: Tonight's best bets

ESPN PLUS ($ MATERIAL)

With the 2019 NBA playoffs in full swing, there are plenty of betting opportunities every night. Our experts -- Joe Fortenbaugh, Preston Johnson, Doug Kezirian and Jordan Schultz -- will be here each day throughout the postseason, giving their best bets for the evening's games.

All odds from the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook unless otherwise listed. As always, shop around for the best price.

Sunday's games

Philadelphia 76ers at Toronto Raptors (-6)

Total: 209
Fortenbaugh: Take a close look at how Philadelphia's offense has performed in Toronto during this series and you'll notice that the Sixers have managed an average of just 92.6 points per game (95 points in Game 1, 94 in Game 2, 89 in Game 3) while recording the team's three worst offensive ratings in 11 playoff outings.

During the regular season, Philly ranked fifth in offensive rating when playing at the Wells Fargo Center but saw that status plummet to 17th on the road. Additionally, Brett Brown's team ranked just 15th in the NBA in effective field goal percentage outside of the City of Brotherly Love.

However, don't get it confused: Toronto's defense is due a large portion of the credit for this prediction. The Raptors ranked 14th in pace when playing at home during the regular season and fifth in defensive rating, which are metrics that have been on full display throughout the previous six games of this Eastern semifinal.

The under is 4-2 in this series, with both overs cashing by a grand total of just 2.5 points. At its very core, this has been a defense-intensive matchup. With that in mind, I don't see the Sixers eclipsing 102 total points in Toronto on Sunday.

Pick: Sixers team total under 102 points

Portland Trail Blazers at Denver Nuggets(-5.5)

Total: 212.5
Fortenbaugh: It feels like déjà vu for the Nuggets, who are watching this Western semifinal against Portland play out in almost the exact manner as the team's opening-round matchup with San Antonio. Denver won that series on its home court in seven games, and I believe that success will play a big role at Pepsi Center on Sunday.
In Game 6, Portland shot 45.5 percent from deep, which is a sizable jump from its season average of just 35.9 percent from beyond the arc. Conversely, the Nuggets shot an abysmal 38.4 percent from the floor in that same game, which is a noticeable plummet from the 46.6 percent they shot from the floor during the regular season. I don't see either number as sustainable, which means we should expect a decrease from Portland coupled with an increase from Denver. Advantage: Nuggets.

Further, Denver ranked second in the NBA in net rating when playing at home during the regular season as opposed to 14th on the road, and ranked fifth in defensive rating when playing at home vs. 17th on the road. Portland has one of the league's nastiest offenses, but Damian Lillard and company dropped from first in the NBA in offensive rating when playing at home to seventh on the road. Again, advantage: Nuggets.

Pick: Nuggets -5.5

Kezirian: I have seemingly picked every game this series incorrectly. However, I like the underdog in this spot. With a spread this low, you should think the 'dog has a chance to win outright. I believe that to be the case. Denver has hit big shots all series and there is no reason to think that won't continue. However, I also trust Portland to give the Nuggets everything they can handle. This game could easily come down to the final possession. I'll grab the points.

Pick: Blazers +5.5