Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

2019 NBA playoffs: Tonight's best bets 🏀

2019 NBA playoffs: Tonight's best bets

ESPN PLUS ($ MATERIAL)

With the 2019 NBA playoffs in full swing, there are plenty of betting opportunities every night. Our experts -- Joe Fortenbaugh, Preston Johnson, Doug Kezirian and Jordan Schultz -- will be here each day throughout the postseason, giving their best bets for the evening's games.

All odds from the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook unless otherwise listed. As always, shop around for the best price.

Tuesday's games

Philadelphia 76ers at Toronto Raptors (-6)

Total: 211.5
    Fortenbaugh: It's not just the fact that all four games in this series have stayed under the total, it's that each has stayed under by an average of 20.2 points per game. I see no reason whatsoever to buck that trend Tuesday night in Toronto.

Take a look at the pace numbers in this series, as they've declined each time Philly and Toronto have taken the court:

Game 1: 96.5
    Game 2: 94.3
    Game 3: 93.5
    Game 4: 91.0

Pace measures the number of possessions a team has per game. The more possessions a team records, the more shots it can take, and the more shots it can take, the more points it can score. Fewer possessions should translate to fewer points. Additionally, don't lose sight of the fact that Philadelphia drops from fifth in offensive rating at home to 17th on the road.

Pick: Under 211.5

Schultz: Philadelphia let a golden opportunity slip away in Game 4, and we can expect a hangover effect as the series shifts back to Toronto. The most troubling part about the 76ers' Game 3 defeat wasn't the loss itself, but the way they were out-physicaled. Toronto held a 65-42 advantage in deflections, while Joel Embiid endured a miserable second half, thanks in large part to the duo of Marc Gasol and Serge Ibaka, who combined to play 23 minutes with a plus-7 rating together.

Ben Simmons, meanwhile, has looked like a timid rookie; his unwillingness to shoot the perimeter jumper has bogged up the offense, affecting Embiid, Tobias Harris and even JJ Redick at times. I also think it's a good sign for Toronto that Gasol is finally shooting; as simple as it sounds, his 5-for-5 outing on 2s versus Embiid in Game 4 aided Nick Nurse's efforts to play through the post when Philly went small.

All of this in mind, look for a red-hot Kawhi Leonard and company to jump on the 76ers early and hold a significant first-half advantage Tuesday night.

Pick: Raptors first half -3.5

Kezirian: To me, Game 5 is just like pineapple on a pizza -- hard pass. Joel Embiid's illness completely changed Game 4. We knew about Pascal Siakam's uncertain status ahead of time, but Embiid was a giant unknown. There is just no way I could wager on either Toronto or Philadelphia without knowing the status of Embiid. However, I would lean under 211.5. So far, all four games this series have gone under. The total has continued to drop, but I am not deterred.

Pick: Pass

Portland Trail Blazers at Denver Nuggets(-4.5)

Total: 213.5
    Fortenbaugh: Don't let that quadruple-overtime, 277-point thriller from Friday night fool you, as the Blazers and Nuggets combined for just 204 total points prior to the extra frames. Add that it was a hot-shooting night from deep from both teams in Game 4 and you have a couple of points of value in backing the under in Tuesday night's Game 5.

Ask yourself the following question: Do you see Denver (44 percent) and Portland (43 percent) sustaining their Game 4 3-point excellence in Game 5, considering the fact that Denver shot 35 percent from deep during the regular season and Portland shot 36 percent from 3-point range during the regular season?

The switch in venue from Portland to Denver is significant as well, in part due to the fact that Denver improves from 17th in the NBA in defensive rating when playing on the road to fifth at home. Additionally, Portland shifts from first in the NBA in offensive rating when playing at the Moda Center to seventh when playing away.

Just for good measure, don't forget about the under surging to a 14-4 mark over Denver's past 18 home games.

Pick: Under 213.5

Kezirian: Denver has really impressed me. The team defense is making life difficult on Damian Lillard, forcing him to work for every point. Plus, for the youngest team in these playoffs, the Nuggets have certainly demonstrated impressive poise and maturity. The line feels about right. However, I would continue to ride the props of Nikola Jokic, which Preston Johnson singled out earlier in the series. Over 7.5 assists has been a strong play, and I think that continues (line moved to 8.5 in last game). Portland is starting to double-team the 7-footer, and he's a more than willing passer.

Pick: Jokic over 8.5 assists (+120)

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

No opinion on this material fellas, just posting for others per request

garygroundwork
    garygroundwork's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12445

cheers

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Kazerian the most consistent 50% capper in the industry.