RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Trading Isaiah Thomas for Irving was a steal for Boston. At the very least, they didn’t have to pay Thomas and will have Irving’s salary slot.

spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10669

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Irving was an ok pickup because essentially it was for one draft pick but then they didn’t set the boundaries. Brad changed his coaching to keep kyrie happy. And everything became shit because they started caring too much about Irving staying. Hayward I think is a good pickup when Irving leaves. Irving is 100 percent gone after this performance.
    People don't get it. Irving's gone after this season but guess what? Boston will not try to keep him. Boston wants him gone. I'm thinking Boston let's him know one way or the other they were not planning on retaining him no matter what. Ainge should've traded him at the deadline for something(s) if he could have. I'll say this the last couple games he has sucked.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Irving ruined Boston not Ainge
    End thread. I mean are you guys serious with this? Ainge did what any good GM would do and acquire the best talent. Hindsight is always 20/20, but Kyrie is an elite player in this league. Do you really think this team is better off with Isaiah freaking Thomas?

I dont fault any of the moves Ainge made. He loaded up this roster and put them in a great position to succeed. Diva attitudes, infighting, and just general BS ruined this team. Its not his fault that Kyrie seemingly turned into a petulant child over the course of one season. Maybe the only blame Ainge has is thinking that Kyrie was mentally tough enough to be the leader of this team, clearly a second fiddle guy and always will be.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The team has gotten better every year with Ainge, they were a better team this year than last year, the East was just much stronger which is why they lost in the second round. They got Irving for nothing, it was worth the risk, now they need to go all-in for Davis.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Boston over achieved this year.. Their roster is weak. Surprised they got this far with the bums they got. Kyrie is their best player and then it's a big drop off from there.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

So funny hearing all the white posters drool over what a good job Brad Stevens did this year, he fukking sucked. Celtics were in disarray all year and he’s their coach. Players dont respect him

thomorino

Kyrie isn't a leader, he plays no defense, he doesn't pass enough, no one can win with him as the first option, Stevens showed what he could do last year, Kyrie is the problem, not Ainge and Stevens.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

If Ainge was black he wouldn't have a job anymore. The double standard in this country is ridiculous. Ainge was one of the dirtiest players of all-time. I hope he continues to sink the ship in that racist rat infested city of Boston. I still enjoy that image of him crying in 94 after the Rockets came back against Phoenix after being down 0-2 with both losses in Houston.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    If Ainge was black he wouldn't have a job anymore. The double standard in this country is ridiculous. Ainge was one of the dirtiest players of all-time. I hope he continues to sink the ship in that racist rat infested city of Boston. I still enjoy that image of him crying in 94 after the Rockets came back after being down 0-2 with both losses in Houston.
    Not that I care one of the dumbest comments I've ever read, Ainge took a trash team and turned them into a contender in less than 5 years. Ainge would have a new job in 30 seconds if he was fired - probably with the Lakers.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Kyrie isn't a leader, he plays no defense, he doesn't pass enough, no one can win with him as the first option, Stevens showed what he could do last year, Kyrie is the problem, not Ainge and Stevens.
    They lost to a really bad Cavs team with old man Lebron who couldn’t even will his team to an 8-seed this year

Yep, he showed exactly what he was capable of last year

Absolutely nothing. And he’s showing it off again this year

But, hey, he’s white so he’s not the problem!

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    They lost to a really bad Cavs team with old man Lebron who couldn’t even will his team to an 8-seed this year

Wow Krak, that is some big ass racism you are spewing here.

No doubt Stevens had a terrible year.

His job as a head coach in the NBA is incredibly difficult. Unlike the other major sports, the players have way more power than the coach.
    Huge guaranteed contracts and a overall feeling of individual entitlement is ruining the league.

Black, white, brown or yellow, I can`t think of any available coach I would rather have than Stevens.
    Funny people bring up Ty Lue and his ring. He has Kyrie and the bonehead Draymond to thank for that.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Stevens doesn't run good sets.

Ainge is rebuilding. He has lots of draft picks and no results so far.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

celtics should let kyrie irving go without trying to resign him, he's a bum another stat machine who isn't even producing let him go to la with lebald

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16166

Yeah it's Ainge's fault that Hayward snapped his leg in two right after signing a big contract

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14368

They got the draft picks and signed the superstar. It’s just the latter hasn’t performed to superstar level.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    celtics should let kyrie irving go without trying to resign him, he's a bum another stat machine who isn't even producing let him go to la with lebald
    The Cavs triumvirate in LA seems a sure thing now...

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    They got the draft picks and signed the superstar. It’s just the latter hasn’t performed to superstar level.
    Not that I care but to show how stupid this comments is Boston was +450 against PHiladelphia in the eastern conference semifinals, Stevens did an incredible job last year. No team in NBA history has gotten to the conference finals with 2 of their top 3 players hurt, they lost game 7 because they were young and inexperienced, the job Stevens did was incredible.

Kyrie couldn't win anything before Lebron came to Cleveland, he's not a first option on a championship team.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Not that I care he hasn't performed at a superstar level because he isn't a superstar dumbfuk, look at how horrible Cleveland was before Lebron returned.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Yes, Kyrie has not carried this Boston team but ANYONE that really thinks Kyrie can carry a team, needs to get their fukking head checked. Kyrie can't carry Jordan or Lebron's jock straps. Only his inflated ego thought that he could be the man in Cleveland until Lebron came back which made him leave for the C's. He's a good role player and a superstar in the league but he CANNOT carry a team to a title. Only a few guys in the league can do that. Not Kyrie.

But why is Gordon Hayward getting a pass? He flat out sucks monkey nuts out there. Please stop blaming his poor play on his injury. That's been almost 2 years now. He needs to step the fukk up. Him and Kyrie were supposed to be a 1, 2 punch and right now his ass should be on the bench because he isn't doing shit. Yes, blame Kyrie but you also have to spread the blame to Stevens and Hayward as well IMO.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Yes, Kyrie has not carried this Boston team but ANYONE that really thinks Kyrie can carry a team, needs to get their fukking head checked. Kyrie can't carry Jordan or Lebron's jock straps. Only his inflated ego thought that he could be the man in Cleveland until Lebron came back which made him leave for the C's. He's a good role player and a superstar in the league but he CANNOT carry a team to a title. Only a few guys in the league can do that. Not Kyrie.

But why is Gordon Hayward getting a pass? He flat out sucks monkey nuts out there. Please stop blaming his poor play on his injury. That's been almost 2 years now. He needs to step the fukk up. Him and Kyrie were supposed to be a 1, 2 punch and right now his ass should be on the bench because he isn't doing shit. Yes, blame Kyrie but you also have to spread the blame to Stevens and Hayward as well IMO.
    Completely disappeared since game 1. Can't even take Lopez 1 on 1 off the switch -no first step. Everything a drive & kick with him. Going deeper into his shell with each passing game... Doesn't really matter whether it's to do with the injury or not unless you're projecting into next season. Personally I think it does have to do with injury since he could take guys like D.Jordan off the dribble before...

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Very difficult to win a championship when your point guard is the best player on the team..last time it happened was wth Detroit and Isiah Thomas

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah Skeltah View Post
    Very difficult to win a championship when your point guard is the best player on the team..last time it happened was wth Detroit and Isiah Thomas
    Not that I care, are you a moron, Golden State won the title with Curry at the point less than 5 years ago before Durant got there

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Not that I care, are you a moron, Golden State won the title with Curry at the point less than 5 years ago before Durant got there
    I dont consider him a point guard on those teams.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Why in the world would anyone blame Stephens for this???

His 2 "star"players are really just overhyped under performers
    They mix in with a bunch of average players

That's on Ainge and the players

Stephens has done an incredible job

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Yeah it's Ainge's fault that Hayward snapped his leg in two right after signing a big contract
    Yes it is his fault for signing an overrated player.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    Why in the world would anyone blame Stephens for this???

His 2 "star"players are really just overhyped under performers
    They mix in with a bunch of average players

That's on Ainge and the players

Stephens has done an incredible job
    I think Stephens is overrated. His coaching is all about rough, tough, beat you up defense and zero offense. That might work in college but it's not sustainable in the NBA. You need to have defense but you must have an offense that can score. The rules of the game is getting harder for a Stephens coached team to hand check and bump. You can't blame Ainge because he turned over the roster for the better but you can point the finger at Stephens for not being able to work in the pieces that he has at his disposal. He has to set up his players for success but right now he's sitting on his hands. I'm watching Kyrie dribble the air out of the ball while teammates are standing on the perimeter as if Kyrie is Lebron. He then jacks up contested shots while his teammates are wide ass open. Then Kyrie comes out and says that he needs to shoot more shots? WTF? That's a Stephens problem not Kyrie.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

Yes it is his fault for signing an overrated player.
    You can't evaluate the Heyward signing yet because of his injury, next year will be key, but Heyward wasn't the problem, the problem was Kyrie isn't a leader and Boston's young players wouldn't accept their secondary roles after getting to the conference finals.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

There were only two suitors for Gordon Heyward - Utah and Boston - no coincidence that they are the two most racist cities in the NBA. All Danny Ainge did was sign Chandler Parsons to a max deal. Boston over achieved last year. This roster of there's isn't that good. Ainge some how gets all the credit when they play well but when they don't....blame it on the young black kid who was a champion before Boston but now it's his fault. Boston never blames anyone that's white.

Mac4Lyfe

You can't evaluate the Heyward signing yet because of his injury, next year will be key, but Heyward wasn't the problem, the problem was Kyrie isn't a leader and Boston's young players wouldn't accept their secondary roles after getting to the conference finals.
    I had the same exact injury as Heyward. With modern medicine and the access he has to top physicians and rehab facilities, he should be back in tip top shape. I don't know why he keeps getting a pass for playing like shit? And if he's still injured, then why the hell is he playing?

I don't get all the blame on Kyrie. Boston knew exactly what they were getting. The coach needs to get his head out of his ass and figure out to use his pieces effectively.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Boston garden is notorious for its history of racism. What are the odds they go after Pat connaughton at some point?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

All I know is Danny isn't doing his cardio or eating right.. Boy has a bad ticker now..

Watching the Celtics get spanked game after game now causes addition stress for him!!!!

The Kraken

Racists showing up in support of Hayward and Stevens, right on que

Blame the n1gga

Just like in LA, its brons fault, not Waltons

Yet Pops is the reason the Spurs won all those years

You racist crackers are too much
    Points Awarded:

Sledge187 gave The Kraken 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

IBetYou

I think somebody's a bit overly keen to bring race into it. He's supposed to be the star of the team, yet he's shooting about 30%. He's good at one thing and that one thing is not happening for him these past 3 games. Back to back horrible games in crucial home losses, with poor body language to boot. White or black he's getting criticized for that.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

bucks are still frauds right

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    bucks are still frauds right
    They could be frauds... but I'm not willing to put any money on Boston to make a comeback. Irving gets spacey emotionally for unknown reasons. He might be tuned out?

First 123 Last