Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

2019 NBA playoffs: Tonight's best bets 🏀

2019 NBA playoffs: Tonight's best bets

ESPN PLUS ($ MATERIAL)

With the 2019 NBA playoffs in full swing, there are plenty of betting opportunities every night. Our experts -- Joe Fortenbaugh, Preston Johnson, Doug Kezirian and Jordan Schultz -- will be here each day throughout the postseason, giving their best bets for the evening's games.

All odds from the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook unless otherwise listed. As always, shop around for the best price.

Monday's games

Milwaukee Bucks at Boston Celtics (-1.5)

Total: 221
    Schultz: Hopefully, you enjoyed our easy Game 3 cash with both the Bucks' money line and spread. Either way, Game 4 provides another opportunity to take advantage of a soft line.

The pressure has shifted back onto Boston, a Jekyll and Hyde team which has given little indication it will respond, even in the Garden, where the Celtics rank just 19th ATS in the league. Meanwhile, despite not having the services of Malcolm Brogdon and his 15.6 PPG on 42.6 percent 3s, the Bucks still have plenty of firepower to flank Giannis Antetokounmpo. First-time All-Star Khris Middleton (13-for-20 from 3) has been excellent as a catch-and-shoot assassin, while 7-footer Brook Lopez continues to force the Celtics bigs away from the basket by way of the long ball.

Kyrie Irving will need to go for 35-plus in Game 4 -- a feat he is capable of, but one that is highly unlikely given how effective Eric Bledsoe and Pat Connaughton have been coercing the All-NBA point guard into tough shots around the paint. Speaking of the paint, the Greek Freak scored 16 paint points in Game 3, compared to the nine he averaged through Games 1 and 2.

Pick: Bucks money line +100

Golden State Warriors at Houston Rockets(-1.5)

Total: 221.5
    Kezirian: As they have been known to do, the Warriors played Game 3 without desperation and the appropriate intensity. And Stephen Curry had one of his worst games, mustering only 17 points on 23 shots. Give Houston credit for winning what was essentially a must-win game, but I fully expect maximum effort and focus from Golden State here. Give me the better team to win.

Pick: Warriors +1.5

Fortenbaugh: Game 3 of this series can be explained in one word: Rebounding.

Game 1: Warriors +12 total rebounding, +5 offensive rebounding
    Game 2: Warriors +4 total rebounding, +8 offensive rebounding
    Game 3: Rockets +20 total rebounding, +10 offensive rebounding

Houston made the necessary adjustments, limited Golden State's second and third opportunities and, after being outshot by an average of 7.5 field goal attempts per game during the first two contests of this series, found itself outshot just 95-93 by the Warriors in Game 3. That's a massive win for Mike D'Antoni's crew when you consider the fact that the Rockets attempted an astounding 25 more 3-pointers than the Dubs on Saturday night.

Curry and Klay Thompson shot a combined 13-of-39 from the field and 4-of-15 from deep in Game 3, while Eric Gordon shot 11-of-20 overall and 7-of-14 from beyond the arc. I see that script flipping Monday night with the Warriors taking a 3-1 series lead back to Oakland for Game 5.

Pick: Warriors money line +110

Johnson: While everyone is dissecting what may be wrong with Steph and trying to figure out who wins Game 4 in Houston, I am looking at the value being offered in the total. Through three games in this series the pace has been played at just 94 possessions per game. For reference, Golden State's pace in the regular season was 102 possessions per game and Houston's was 98. A barrage of free throws at the end of Game 2 pushed the final score over the total, and a barrage of 3-pointers from both teams in Game 3 and an overtime period led to a misleading final score.

It's certainly possible that the Warriors and Rockets knock down their 3s at a rate above expectation again, but at the pace this matchup is being played, I'm willing to bet against it. My projection for the total in Game 4 is 217.1, so at 221.5 this is a play on the under for me.

Pick: Under 221.5

Hman

No opinion on this material fellas, posting for others per request

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Hman, how do those guys do on the two gaming shows (over time)? I do like Kezirian as Host.

As for MON nite...how can u not like the Home teams? Conspiracy theory reigns...NBA needs long series.

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Hman, how do those guys do on the two gaming shows (over time)? I do like Kezirian as Host.

As for MON nite...how can u not like the Home teams? Conspiracy theory reigns...NBA needs long series.

Honestly Chucky I haven't tracked them.

They don't usually post their records like they do football season.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Honestly Chucky I haven't tracked them.

They don't usually post their records like they do football season.
    On the OTHER show...I think they keep weekly totals + then start over. I can't imagine they think it's a good idea to post YTD red figures that will make your eyes bleed.

alon7777777
    alon7777777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 854

I will bet the opposite

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post

Love Boston.

Don’t trust rockets, I went w this theory on Houston gm3 but they barely pulled that off. Taking that win and running from this series. Feel kinda like Gs can turn it on and blast them whenever they feel like it, can’t imagine curry plays that poorly again.