thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good Value on the Warriors at -1.5 Games to Win the Series

Houston isn't the same team this year, they are heavily dependent on Harden and Paul hasn't looked consistent all year, Houston's perimeter defense isn't the same with Moute and Ariza gone.

GS -1.5 +110

Risking 5 units to win 5.50

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16125

I'll go one better. GS -2.5.

I don't think the Rockets have missed Ariza much this season but I agree it's got to catch up to them. How can they not miss his shooting & defense?

alon7777777
    alon7777777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 854

This can easy go 7 games if the Clips won 2

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post

I don't think the Rockets have missed Ariza much this season but I agree it's got to catch up to them. How can they not miss his shooting & defense?
    I don’t like this one. I believe rockets will steal a game in GS then split at home. Seeing how the western finals gonna be anticlimactic I’d think NBA would really like this thing to go at least 6 and wouldn’t take a whole lot from refs to ensure that, just give harden bunch of calls when he flops like a bitch every time down court! Lol

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16125

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I don’t like this one. I believe rockets will steal a game in GS then split at home. Seeing how the western finals gonna be anticlimactic I’d think NBA would really like this thing to go at least 6 and wouldn’t take a whole lot from refs to ensure that, just give harden bunch of calls when he flops like a bitch every time down court! Lol
    There's two ways of looking at a trend... something to be continued or something to be bucked. They're 1-2 at home in these playoffs. I don't see it as an ongoing trend.

thomorino

There's two ways of looking at a trend... something to be continued or something to be bucked. They're 1-2 at home in these playoffs. I don't see it as an ongoing trend.
    Agree,Warriors were bored, they'll get up for this series and should stay focused even up games

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 192

Wasn’t arizaaaa the reason they lost gm 7 last yr

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Wasn’t arizaaaa the reason they lost gm 7 last yr
    Ariza missed open shots in game 7, but so did the whole team, tired legs, the problem is Houston replaced Ariza and Moute with far worse players and Paul is nowhere near as good. I just watched some highlights of game 4, Paul was far better last year, he got his money and got lazy.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I wasn’t basing it off any last series or trends, Just that I think Houston capable of stealing one in GS and if nba would like this to be a long series all it would take is giving harden all those bs calls when he flops.

My only real disagreement with Morino about his take on this series is I feel like it a mistake to discount cp3 based off how he looked thus far. That dude a gamer and I’d be shocked if we didn’t see the best from him like we did against warriors last year. He the only reason I started thinking anything of Houston, before him I always dogged out rockets cause harden never been a winner and personally I can’t stand his gm that only plays so well cause the era imo And tends to be less effective in the playoffs where refs little less likely to call that bs.

Let’s face it whoever comes out the other side of west to conf finals a cute story but that series be just like clippers, whenever warriors want to focus they can name score. Houston only team that presents any kind of challenge to warriors from the west. I think Boston could in finals but they have to get right and make it there 1st.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Il go 2 better

GS -4.5

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

I'm pessimistic about this. I've been saying that this edition of GoldSt is overrated.

Clippers' two wins at Oracle should set off alarm bells. GSW more vulnerable this year.

If u listen to D'Antoni...Rockets are confident team since All-Star Break. They KNOW they can play w/ this team. Wish they had one more good perimeter defender.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Rofl

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7636

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    I'm pessimistic about this. I've been saying that this edition of GoldSt is overrated.

Clippers' two wins at Oracle should set off alarm bells. GSW more vulnerable this year.

If u listen to D'Antoni...Rockets are confident team since All-Star Break. They KNOW they can play w/ this team. Wish they had one more good perimeter defender.
    That one less perimeter defender is my concern with Houston

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

That one less perimeter defender is my concern with Houston
    More than 1 Lakerboy, Ariza and Moute.

thomorino

Warriors were bored against the Clippers, if Houston was as good as they were last year they wouldn't have lost to the Warriors at home when Durant didn't play in a key late season game that was huge in determining home court advantage.

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

If you look at the game 7 lineup and how many minutes guys played it will literally be almost an exact replica going into this series. Obviously Ariza will be gone. But CP3 gets his minutes. Obvious upgrade there. With no Cousins, Warriors will be forced to play Draymond or Looney at the 5. Just like last year. No way Bogut sees valuable mins. Guy will get cooked.

“Rockets are worse then last year because they lost Ariza. He was guarding KD & is Rockets best shooter” is honestly a lazy bs media fed narrative. Watch the game. Ariza is a system player at this point in his career. He did nothing special & nothing that’s not replaceable. He signed w/ the Suns for crying out loud. This man don’t give a damn about winning nothing. He got his already. Oh and no one on this planet can guard KD so stop that.

Guys act like Eric Gordon & CP3 are bad defenders. Harden was a good defender this year. If anything Harden should get the MOST looks guarding KD. He knows the ins & outs of his game & all his go to moves from years of practicing with this man every single day.

Cmon bro. If the Warriors winning the series then say that. But don’t say a bunch of nothing just because.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    If you look at the game 7 lineup and how many minutes guys played it will literally be almost an exact replica going into this series. Obviously Ariza will be gone. But CP3 gets his minutes. Obvious upgrade there. With no Cousins, Warriors will be forced to play Draymond or Looney at the 5. Just like last year. No way Bogut sees valuable mins. Guy will get cooked.

“Rockets are worse then last year because they lost Ariza. He was guarding KD & is Rockets best shooter” is honestly a lazy bs media fed narrative. Watch the game. Ariza is a system player at this point in his career. He did nothing special & nothing that’s not replaceable. He signed w/ the Suns for crying out loud. This man don’t give a damn about winning nothing. He got his already. Oh and no one on this planet can guard KD so stop that.

Guys act like Eric Gordon & CP3 are bad defenders. Harden was a good defender this year. If anything Harden should get the MOST looks guarding KD. He knows the ins & outs of his game & all his go to moves from years of practicing with this man every single day.

Cmon bro. If the Warriors winning the series then say that. But don’t say a bunch of nothing just because.
    This is one of the dumber posts I've read. First Gordon is one of the better perimeter defenders in the league, to say he's a bad defender is completely wrong, look at Houston's defensive efficiency numbers with and without him, big difference. Ariza and Moute were key players last year, but the biggest difference this year Paul isn't the same player he was last year and Igoudala will be healthy, if Igoudala doesn't get hurt Warriors are up 3-1 last year.

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    This is one of the dumber posts I've read. First Gordon is one of the better perimeter defenders in the league, to say he's a bad defender is completely wrong, look at Houston's defensive efficiency numbers with and without him, big difference. Ariza and Moute were key players last year, but the biggest difference this year Paul isn't the same player he was last year and Igoudala will be healthy, if Igoudala doesn't get hurt Warriors are up 3-1 last year.
    Alright bro.

You can talk about all the numbers & stats you want. I’m talking basketball.

Cheers though best of luck

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post

Alright bro.

You can talk about all the numbers & stats you want. I’m talking basketball.

Cheers though best of luck
    Watch Paul last year and watch him this year - there is a huge difference he's not the same player, every time Harden goes off the court the team gives up huge leads.

stepaside777
    stepaside777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5274

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Watch Paul last year and watch him this year - there is a huge difference he's not the same player, every time Harden goes off the court the team gives up huge leads.
    keep repeating same thing in 3 posts

what about gsw? are they same as last year?
    no

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Houston it is....thanks pal

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

GSW are not the same team

lets not forget without Durant Clips win 4-0

He is the entire team

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Houston it is....thanks pal
    Fuk off

thomorino

Winner +17.4 units in the playoffs and plus 30 units for the year in the NBA

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Good call

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

great call morono

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140