retard
    retard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

NBA boring Stephen curry ruined it.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    are any sports UP in ratings in the last 3-5 years compared to 10 years ago?

its not the sports or athletes that are the issue

its the cord cutting with cable and all the other ways you can consume the games these days

everyone wants to blame the drastic shift in our media choices and how the new generation engages on specific grievences they have with the leagues/players/owners

except no one that I see blaming these things, has actually stopped watching themselves.... hmmmmm
    Ratings are what drive ad rates

Ad rates drive TV contract value

TV contract value drives revenue and franchise value

There is cord cutting but not among the head of household demographic (the only demo that matters regarding discretionary income)

This is an ongoing issue for most sports and it's primarily due to the BLM bullshit the NFL's players started 2 years ago. Turned off a large segment of middle class white Americans.

I saw Steelers season ticket holders for 40 years give em up due to that kneeling. Hillary lost an election because of that demographic, Kaep still ain't working, etc

This is an issue, I'll be curious how the league responds. NBA's very good at fixing things fast.

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins
    Mr. Teaser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6161

Ever notice it's the same couple of guys who come into these threads and try to spin positive on the NBA yet no one is ever swayed?

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

The ratings will be thru the roof this next round especially in the GS v hou and bucks v Boston series.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Ratings are what drive ad rates

Ad rates drive TV contract value

TV contract value drives revenue and franchise value

There is cord cutting but not among the head of household demographic (the only demo that matters regarding discretionary income)

This is an ongoing issue for most sports and it's primarily due to the BLM bullshit the NFL's players started 2 years ago. Turned off a large segment of middle class white Americans.

I saw Steelers season ticket holders for 40 years give em up due to that kneeling. Hillary lost an election because of that demographic, Kaep still ain't working, etc

This is an issue, I'll be curious how the league responds. NBA's very good at fixing things fast.

interesting

so the biggest reason is Black Lives Matter Movement?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

To those who say it's streaming

Why are NHL Ratings UP ?

https://www.google.com/url?client=in...0kJ0KYqcIc27Jc

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Nhl measures include streaming numbers using the new "Total Audience Delivery" Metric

From the linked article......

NBC Sports’ online coverage of the regular season set records for the total number of live-streamed minutes, nearly 249 million, and the average per-minute audience on digital platforms at 10,700.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

i was one of only 7000 people watching the disc golf tournament this afternoon

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    To those who say it's streaming

Why are NHL Ratings UP ?

https://www.google.com/url?client=in...0kJ0KYqcIc27Jc
    Cherry picked.

NBA ratings will soar this round. Just watch

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Teaser View Post
    Ever notice it's the same couple of guys who come into these threads and try to spin positive on the NBA yet no one is ever swayed?
    Yup. Can't watch an entire game.

MinnesotaFats

interesting

so the biggest reason is Black Lives Matter Movement?
    It's the willingness of the leagues to incorporate those politics into their sports entertainment yes.

Middle aged white guy don't give a shit.

They want to sit on their couch, drink beer, be entertained by gladiators....not lectured to by spoiled black kids who, if not for God given abilities, would be mowing lawns for $15/ hr.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Have you stopped consuming NFL or NBA yet Fats?

homie1975

Ppl on this forum constantly taking shots at the NBA. Do u think I can't see through that at what your true intentions are ??

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

What's that homie?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Ppl on this forum constantly taking shots at the NBA. Do u think I can't see through that at what your true intentions are ??
    Guy give up with the whole color thing. Grow up. The league is doing well but the players have ruined it. Even the rat that is in charge is admitting it.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Guy give up with the whole color thing. Grow up. The league is doing well but the players have ruined it. Even the rat that is in charge is admitting it.
    Fats is the one who brought up white Americans and BLM.

homie1975

There's a racist undertone to a lot of comments on this site. That's all I'm saying. And no I'm not black. I'm green.

meyer0416
    meyer0416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7154

I’m offended too, I’m yellow.

Yazworm91
    Live betting is the Devil
    Yazworm91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1353

Quote Originally Posted by alon7777777 View Post
    Plus the game is so soft now every little touch is a foul
    So true. I'm not talking about really dirty plays but if someone gets tapped in the head even when it's clear they were going for the ball and hard foul (as in they aren't going to get an and 1) playoff foul. I was watching game 4 in the Celtics/Pacers series and Tatum gets fouled and it was a clean hard foul going for the ball and he barely grazed his head and it's a flagrant 1.

Another off topic is the true lack of any sportsmanship at any level. Why is it so wrong if you knock someone down on a foul to stick your hand out and help them up??

MinnesotaFats

Have you stopped consuming NFL or NBA yet Fats?
    I honestly haven't sat & watched a NFL game in several years.

NBA I check scores or watch till TV timeouts. I have not watched a full half in years.

I don't check scores often while betting. I have 0 allegiance to any pro team. My preferred sport to watch is MLB. I find MLB fascinating from a strategic point of view as it's the only sport where the defense controls the ball; hence its betting angles are much more favorable to stats and analysis versus the more involved refs and penalties and fouls of NBA, NHL and NFL.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

I honestly haven't sat & watched a NFL game in several years.

NBA I check scores or watch till TV timeouts. I have not watched a full half in years.

I don't check scores often while betting. I have 0 allegiance to any pro team. My preferred sport to watch is MLB. I find MLB fascinating from a strategic point of view as it's the only sport where the defense controls the ball; hence its betting angles are much more favorable to stats and analysis versus the more involved refs and penalties and fouls of NBA, NHL and NFL.

i'm pretty much the same, will watch a few fullish games of college hoops in feb and march, but not much NBA.

I don't watch the much MLB either though. I prob listen to more on the radio while driving then I watch.

how are MLB ratings doing

homie1975

Monster matchup today. The ratings will be fantastic

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

No Lebron, no ratings.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Premise of thread is as stupid as the original poster.

Mn fats is butt hurt because the cow he shares a bed with had a train run on her by the basketball team when she was in hs.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    No Lebron, no ratings.
    wrong. the first round was weak. this round MONSTER matchups starting with celtics v bucks and rockets v warriors, today.

check the ratings over the next 10 days then we'll talk.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    Think the whole insulting & racism thing is the other way around my friend.
    Not even close. Everyone with an ounce of brains knows that percentage wise, blacks lead the league in racists. What they had better realize is that if you do not entertain the people who pay for your salaries, you will no longer get them. Black athletes are perceived as basically worthless people who have a freak athletic talent which means absolutely nothing ion the long run.Like it or not, that is the way it is, and all the crying by blacks is NOT going to change that.

MinnesotaFats

i'm pretty much the same, will watch a few fullish games of college hoops in feb and march, but not much NBA.

I don't watch the much MLB either though. I prob listen to more on the radio while driving then I watch.

how are MLB ratings doing
    Regional is crushing it

YES network out performs nationally per July 18

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

It's the willingness of the leagues to incorporate those politics into their sports entertainment yes.

Middle aged white guy don't give a shit.

They want to sit on their couch, drink beer, be entertained by gladiators....not lectured to by spoiled black kids who, if not for God given abilities, would be mowing lawns for $15/ hr.
    Ur way off here and I'm really offended

No way black kids would be mowing lawns, more like slinging H and checking car doors.

homie1975

Check the ratings now and please let us know. I bet u they're way up from 11 days ago.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Cherry picked.

NBA ratings will soar this round. Just watch
    I told u so

http://https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadline.com/2019/05/espn-abc-nba-conference-semifinals-ratings-up-19-percent-1202607441/amp/

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

well the NBA got the kneelers off the screen this round...

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

As a former Top 50 Burger King All American back in High School with offers from North Carolina, Kentucky, Arizona, and Kansas the NBA is not enjoyable entertainment. Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, drive, pass up for a 3, shoot. Dribble, dribble, dribble, drive, kick, shoot a 3. Dribble, dribble dribble, pass, fake shot, dribble, setup , shoot a 3. Dribble dribble dribble, cut, pass, alley oop slam. Gets old quick unless its the team you like playing or you got a lot of action down and your heart feels like its about to explode and your palms are as sweaty as the players in the game.

homie1975

well the NBA got the kneelers off the screen this round...
    First round was "boring" to fans because the higher seeds were smashing the lower ones in 4 or 5 games mostly. All that meant was that more strong teams entered this round and it's made for excellent and exciting matchups, and the tv ratings have really spiked the last 10 days.

Warriors v rockets sat night generated the highest ABC primetime ratings in 8 years

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadlin...202607600/amp/

First 12