RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Anyone else play Milwaukee-STL game yesterday 4/23 that was cancelled by 5Dimes?

If you did look at your account. They told me through chat that it was cancelled because listed pitchers didn't start which both did. I sent them an official box score from the MLB website and they told me they would get back to me.

I don't think it will be a big issue but just giving heads up in case anyone else bet that game through 5 Dimes.

RangeFinder

Update

No resolution

They tried to tell me there was two De leone's that play for STL and that one of them pitched and the other didn't

One look at the roster and lo and behold only one De leone on the STL roster

When I pointed this out on the chat with them I was promptly disconnected

Oh wow

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Submit complaint with SBR or just message Archie (his bio says he is the one at SBR who works with 5dimes).

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    Submit complaint with SBR or just message Archie (his bio says he is the one at SBR who works with 5dimes).
    I'm surprised they are acting this way when I have never had a problem with them before. So it tells me they have an issue with me and not the game itself. I have been with them for many many years.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

wacha was the original starter

what does the bet say for listed pitchers? if you bet it after it was changed to de leon, then the only thing i can think of is they don't know that "daniel (ponce) de leon" and "ponce de leon" are the same guy

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

thought everyone knew already....Fountain of Youth was only a myth

that's probably why they didn't grade it a win

RangeFinder

Ready for this?

De Leone was listed as "De Leone" on my original ticket. At least that's what I remember but I have no proof. When I looked at it again on my transactions page it was changed to D Leon (Who is a reliever not in the rotation). I remember "De Leone" being listed as the starter after the change was made from Waca. They tell me no and I think they typed it in after the fact. Again no proof but something seems fishy.

So my question to 5Dimes is why after the change from Waca to De Leone would you list D leon? Honest mistake? Maybe? But I know I saw "De Leone as the starter. Not only that they follow the numbers from other books anyway so what's the diff? Other books paid the listed pitchers bets off. 5 Dimes was the only book that didn't.

Just sayin

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Actual starter was Daniel Ponce de Leon. I am guessing they accidentally listed Dominic Leone?

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Actual starter was Daniel Ponce de Leon. I am guessing they accidentally listed Dominic Leone?
    That's their side of it. But I know I saw the right one when I bet it. Again no proof but I would've noticed. I think lol

Thing is the numbers didn't come out until the next morning and they follow other books numbers anyway. So why not pay it off anyway? Other books had it right

RangeFinder

Here is what I think I saw on the ticket "De leone"

Here is what is on the transaction page "D Leon"

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

That's chicken shit. Was the line correct? That's all that matters w what is otherwise a Scribvner error (legal term).

Right odds, bets valid

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    Here is what I think I saw on the ticket "De leone"

Here is what is on the transaction page "D Leon"
    But aren't both wrong? Should be Ponce de Leone,

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    That's chicken shit. Was the line correct? That's all that matters w what is otherwise a Scribvner error (legal term).

Right odds, bets valid
    The odds were right. They're number was along with every other online book.

Still doesn't look good for me no matter what.
    Last edited by RangeFinder; 04-25-19 at 10:35 PM. Reason: grammar

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    So why not pay it off anyway?
    Because with listing errors there will almost always be someone on the losing side who took a free roll and is asking for their bets to be void due to the "confusing" error, quite rightfully.

RangeFinder

Then I just tried to edit my last post and change They're to Their and it won't let me. Great time I'm having with all this.

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Because with listing errors there will almost always be someone on the losing side who took a free roll and is asking for their bets to be void due to the "confusing" error, quite rightfully.
    Yea I get it. Not even going to file a complaint. The whole thing is bizarre.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19557

The grand salami was graded as no action in LV so the book s probably correct.

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Sorry but that's a clear freeroll by the book

STL loses, the side with more money involved, they grade all bets a loss. No one questions a one off letter spelling error. Of course though, when STL wins, the heavier $ side, they rule it an error.

Absolute joke. Off by one letter = error. Yeah, no. Next time I see I see a bet with the wrong stadium name involved in the bet listing, happened with a book for this past super bowl, I'll be sure to file an SBR dispute for wrong stadium name, error bet. What a joke.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

But aren't both wrong? Should be Ponce de Leone,
    Yep. The reliever is Dominic Leone. Starter is Daniel ponce de Leon. Shouldn’t be any confusion and Dominic has never started a gm I’m aware of.

Sounds like some bs chicken shit grading, kind of stuff that leads to well you know the stuff that has happened

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

STL loses, the side with more money involved, they grade all bets a loss. No one questions a one off letter spelling error. Of course though, when STL wins, the heavier $ side, they rule it an error.

Absolute joke. Off by one letter = error. Yeah, no. Next time I see I see a bet with the wrong stadium name involved in the bet listing, happened with a book for this past super bowl, I'll be sure to file an SBR dispute for wrong stadium name, error bet. What a joke.
    Unfortunately this only works for the rooster sucking books who pay advertising dolllars. They accuse us of taking shots for a excuse not to pay but then they take a shot at you by claiming a guy who has never started was listed as starter. What a fukkin joke. Sounds like someone else should get duct taped.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

It’s a mistake by a uninformed book. Will Hill graded it as a loss. They don’t have a clue either.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It sure was a confusing game to grade

Many places no action

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Yep. The reliever is Dominic Leone. Starter is Daniel ponce de Leon. Shouldn’t be any confusion and Dominic has never started a gm I’m aware of.

Sounds like some bs chicken shit grading, kind of stuff that leads to well you know the stuff that has happened

If you think about it they don't even know rosters that well. So to give them the benefit of the doubt I guess I could call it an honest mistake. It just seems bizarre to me that it happened this way when 1) They knew of the pitching change and didn't post a number until the next morning and 2) Their number was right along in line with the other books who they just follow anyway.

I do get that whoever had Milwaukee were going to demand their money back but that's only if they noticed which I doubt they ever would have. You would really have to be paying close attention to the ticket to even notice. Only reason I noticed is because of the cancelled wager and still didn't notice even a full day after I disputed it.

milwaukee mike

when was the bet cancelled? to me that is also important... if they cancelled it in the 1st/2nd inning that's much different than after the game

OVAKUL
    Next up: Terrible Odds Teaser
    OVAKUL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8357

Come on, what are the chances the baseball linespeople at 5dimes aren't aware of two pitchers on the same team with such similar names? Sounds scammy, 5 dimes

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    when was the bet cancelled? to me that is also important... if they cancelled it in the 1st/2nd inning that's much different than after the game
    They have the start time as 7:45pm and the wager was cancelled at 8:05pm

But that stuff can be edited

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

most do not know the rosters and using line services

Many do not speak good English either

Mrtop7
    Mrtop7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2178

MLB should return all wagers. What the heck is com. manfred doing putting 2 guys that have somewhat confusing names on the same team?

this did not happen when steve carlton was throwing for STL a few years ago.

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtop7 View Post
    MLB should return all wagers. What the heck is com. manfred doing putting 2 guys that have somewhat confusing names on the same team?

this did not happen when steve carlton was throwing for STL a few years ago.
    Are you trying to say that two guys with the same or similar names can't play on the same team?

Put the bong down pal.

blackbart
    blackbart's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20649

did they refund the losers?

milwaukee mike

arizona cardinals had john brown and jaron brown at the same time, and places were putting "j brown" in their receiver props/matchups for a while until there was some screwed up grading