thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Morino is truly an idiot. He’s trying to look smart and make some argument about Horford for no reason whatsoever.

Buddy, I watch every single Sixers game. I’m well aware of embiid’s struggles with Horford. If you think a 6’10” center with some of the longest arms is small, then you really need to start watching another sport. This one ain’t for you bud.
    Not that I care but my NBA record is far better than yours, you're takes are stupid.

thomorino

Embiid's best skills are his quickness and athleticism, not his strength, he's not Shaq, he's much more comfortable facing up than being in the post.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Not that I care but my NBA record is far better than yours, you're takes are stupid.
    Your record can’t even come close to mine but whatever. Not interested in a pissing contest with a heaping pile of trash like you.

“You’re takes are stupid.” Try not fukking up the grammar when you want to call someone stupid.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post

Your record can’t even come close to mine but whatever. Not interested in a pissing contest with a heaping pile of trash like you.

“You’re takes are stupid.” Try not fukking up the grammar when you want to call someone stupid.
    Fuk off

thomorino

Not that I care your takes on Embiid are as dumb as your takes in general, and my NBA record is documented, it shits on yours.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1252

so the consensus is everyone is l burning money on sixers?

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    Philadelphia has been great at home all year, I think the best value with them will be games 3 and 4 if they get down 2-0.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    Can’t be any more money than all you have dumped on the craptors over the years pal!!

I’m not playing series bet here, I’m
    Sure I’ll end up on Philly some individual games.

To me the series to bet is Boston cause that line stupid imo.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1252

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Can’t be any more money than all you have dumped on the craptors over the years pal!!

I’m not playing series bet here, I’m
    Sure I’ll end up on Philly some individual games.

To me the series to bet is Boston cause that line stupid imo.
    2dabank this is the year i would of won it all back. not betting now so the raps are a lock to win east

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Not that I care you're a moron. We are talking about centers, not guards. Horford is much more mobile and quick than flat footed 7 footers like Drummond.

Here are the number little guy whose down over 100 units in the NBA.

There's a 9 point drop off when Embiid faces Horford from his season average, which is a big part of the reason why Boston is 10-2 against Philadelphia with Embiid.

Embiid has dominated Drummond, he scored 33, 38, and 24 in a blowout where his minutes were limited - Embiid was +30 in plus minus against Drummond in the game he scored 24.

Horford is quick and mobile for a center, he's much quicker than Drummond and most other 7 footers Embiid dominates.
    Drummond is one of the worst 1 on 1 defenders in the league. Easily. I know cause I watch him often, live, in person. He can't guard big centers, he can't guard small ones, he can't guard fast ones, he can't guard slow ones, can't guard weak ones, can't guard strong ones. The only thing Drummond is good at is team defense.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bryant81

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Drummond is one of the worst 1 on 1 defenders in the league. Easily. I know cause I watch him often, live, in person. He can't guard big centers, he can't guard small ones, he can't guard fast ones, he can't guard slow ones, can't guard weak ones, can't guard strong ones. The only thing Drummond is good at is team defense.
    Drummond is a good rim protector, the value of the rim protector has gone down drastically though because the league has shifted towards shooting, Deondre Jordan and Drummond's value have both dropped a lot.

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7067

Since I’m not likely to be playing philly other than in spots to ensure series goes deep, don’t doubt craptors can beat them but think it be a competitive series cause nba wants that I’d think, Philly being in it good for league.

Far as my doubt milw can beat celts it pretty simple, celts without kyrie were best east team last year, just couldn’t beat best player in world. I don’t care how they looked this year with the chemistry issues, if you don’t think they more suited for playoff success w possibly the best closer in league you gotta be crazy imo. Kyrie only guy who knows what if takes in this series, and the rest of Boston players learned what it takes last year. I’m not saying milw can’t beat them, I’m saying imo there no chance in hell they win this series the 75% of the time the -300 implies! I don’t think anyone being objective would argue that. I think Boston will absolutely steal a gm in milw and if they do that I’m not sold at all the young bucks can steal it back in Boston. I have no doubt this going 6 if not 7 so lot of value on the dog imo. While things have changed in nba, things I don’t like what still hasn’t changed is a team like milw typically has to pay their dues in the playoffs before busting thru, as great as Greek freak is think we all agree he not jordon who had to take some beatings to learn to go all the way. Boston the team who I believe will make bucks even more hungry next year! Bucks the darlings but celts the team who will show them the value of physical defensive play. I don’t think Boston gonna have to score those high point totals cause I belueve they will throw a defensive wrench in that “well oiled bucks machine”. Let’s see how they respond when they playing games well below 110.,
    Every outcome is certainly possible, no teams left are bad. Your explanation above is certainly a lot more than "I have serious doubts they can get past Boston". I expect Bucks to win, and expect every game to be close. When they last played, neither hit 100. Maybe Bucks implode like the Sixers last year and get a beating. Maybe not. I just find it hard to have faith in Boston after what they've shown so far.
    Last edited by magpie878; 04-25-19 at 01:06 PM. Reason: badd spellling

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30424

Drummond is a great rebounder and his blocks have gone up this year. But goat is dead on, he is one of the worst 1v1 defenders I've ever seen. He's not just physically slow but I think his basketball IQ is really low, he's just really slow to interpret what's going on in the game and making a decision.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30424

Quote Originally Posted by bryant81 View Post
    Who is the "co" here? This team is almost completely different from previous years. 4 of their 5 starters are different. Kawhi is a superstar and DeRozan wasn't. Siakam is a legit star now. Marc Gasol is much better than JV. The load on Lowry is much smaller. This is by the far the best Raptors team of the last few years. Old Raptors team would even struggle in the first round to put inferior opponents away. This team dominated and took care of business, literally something the other Raptors teams hadn't done. Also there is no LeBron. I was one of the biggest non-believers in the Raptors the last few years, but this team is just different and it's simply lazy to expect them to falter like previous Raptors teams when the roster is drastically improved in so many ways.
    Didn't even mention Danny Green who has a better offensive rating than Harden this year!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Didn't even mention Danny Green who has a better offensive rating than Harden this year!
    He def a underrated asset to his team. Dude a winner who not scared of taking and making game winning shots.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by bryant81 View Post
    Who is the "co" here? This team is almost completely different from previous years. 4 of their 5 starters are different. Kawhi is a superstar and DeRozan wasn't. Siakam is a legit star now. Marc Gasol is much better than JV. The load on Lowry is much smaller. This is by the far the best Raptors team of the last few years. Old Raptors team would even struggle in the first round to put inferior opponents away. This team dominated and took care of business, literally something the other Raptors teams hadn't done. Also there is no LeBron. I was one of the biggest non-believers in the Raptors the last few years, but this team is just different and it's simply lazy to expect them to falter like previous Raptors teams when the roster is drastically improved in so many ways.
    Lowry, VanVleet, Ibaka, Powell, Siakam were all in the rotation both last year and this. I did say the personnel change from last year to this was much bigger than the one from the year before to last year. My entire point isn't "same old Raptors". I've made plenty of other points. But yes I do believe over half your rotation being the same players means your losing habits don't just disappear completely. It only has to pop up once to cost you a series like the one that's coming up.

They dominated and took care of business because they played an absolute dumpster fire of an opponent. Every year previous, the team they got in the 1st round was much tougher. 2014 Nets were underachievers who had much more experience and the series was expected to be close, many picking the Nets to win. 2015 Wizards was a 4/5 matchup where many picked the Raptors only because the Wizards had faltered down the stretch. Before that season some were even picking the Wizards to win the East. 2016 Pacers had a superstar in Paul George who surprised everyone with his early season play and nobody expected them to fall all the way down to 7. 2017 Bucks are the only one you could compare to the 2019 Magic but they had Giannis and weren't nearly as big of an underdog as the Magic were. 2018 Wizards were underachievers and on talent considered to be pretty well matched with the Raptors. The 2019 Magic are the same guys who were winning 25 or 30 games every year with a better coach and Vucevic having a career year. Ultimately still a garbage roster.

Seto

Just off the top of my head, Vanvleet is better than:

Reggie Jackson
    Augustine
    Whoever is the PG for the Suns
    Jaylen Brunson
    Khris Dunn
    Lonzo Ball

All those guys start and are awful.

Gasol is legit, trust me. Embiid should destroy him a game or 2, but I like Gasol to guard him better than anyone else (maybe in the entire league). Imagine a guy like Clint Capella or Rudy Gobert trying to guard Embiid for 7 games. Straight destruction.

Philly is a very good team and can easily win this series, but I'm predicting Toronto wins. They're deeper, better defensively, less turnover prone, less Hollywood, and most importantly, they have better chemistry.

If Jimmy Butler is taking 7, 8, 9 shots in a playoff game, there is a serious problem.
    I'd say you could make an argument for some of those guys over FVV but if you only have him starting over guys who stink I don't take much of an issue with that.

Not too sure about the whole better chemistry thing. They have played more minutes with all their guys but between Lowry's injuries and Kawhi's load management days not a whole lot more. I don't think the attitude of a guy like Jimmy Butler will cause a problem in a series that's going to be a war like this one. I think it helps you. He does need to be more aggressive in this series and I expect he will be, he tends to pick his spots. He knows he can drop 25 5 and 5 whenever he needs to.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    I'd say you could make an argument for some of those guys over FVV but if you only have him starting over guys who stink I don't take much of an issue with that.

Not too sure about the whole better chemistry thing. They have played more minutes with all their guys but between Lowry's injuries and Kawhi's load management days not a whole lot more. I don't think the attitude of a guy like Jimmy Butler will cause a problem in a series that's going to be a war like this one. I think it helps you. He does need to be more aggressive in this series and I expect he will be, he tends to pick his spots. He knows he can drop 25 5 and 5 whenever he needs to.
    But do his teammates know that Jimmy should be taking 15 shots a game? I truly don't think they do. I think Simmons and Tobias and obviously Embiid and maybe even Reddick all believe they should get DD shot attempts. Sometimes Butler goes and drops 30, and the next game he has 7 shot attempts while Tobias Harris chucks up 15. It makes no sense to me.

The point I'm trying to make is there isn't a clear pecking order. After Embiid, it's a toss up.

We've seen teams like this before who don't have defined roles/pecking orders and it usually doesn't work out.

But if it weren't for that, I'd take Philly to win the East. They have the most talented starting 5 as long as Embiid is healthy.

2daBank

But do his teammates know that Jimmy should be taking 15 shots a game? I truly don't think they do. I think Simmons and Tobias and obviously Embiid and maybe even Reddick all believe they should get DD shot attempts. Sometimes Butler goes and drops 30, and the next game he has 7 shot attempts while Tobias Harris chucks up 15. It makes no sense to me.

The point I'm trying to make is there isn't a clear pecking order. After Embiid, it's a toss up.

We've seen teams like this before who don't have defined roles/pecking orders and it usually doesn't work out.

But if it weren't for that, I'd take Philly to win the East. They have the most talented starting 5 as long as Embiid is healthy.
    Clearly the coach dunno crap he gots guys playing on their damn phones on the bench! Not exactly a step in and take charge kind of guy, lol.

Seto

That's a legitimate question. I look at last year where Butler through the first month and a half of the season was hardly taking any shots then when he felt it was time to take over started getting huge numbers and some people were saying he should get some dark horse MVP talk. But it does have to come from the other guys too, you're right. I think they'll figure it out on the fly. Generally like my chances picking talent.

I'm not by any means trying to say this series will be easy btw, just that I like Philly to win it. All the 2nd round series should be pretty close and competitive, unless the Warriors decide they don't want theirs to be.

Seto

Clearly the coach dunno crap he gots guys playing on their damn phones on the bench! Not exactly a step in and take charge kind of guy, lol.
    Brown is a factor I'm slightly worried about. He makes stupid rotation decisions sometimes and sits guys at the weirdest times, takes too long to bring them back etc. Sometimes you look up and there's 7 minutes left in the game, it's tied and he has TJ McConnell, James Ennis and Jonah Bolden in the game and you just scratch your head.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Brown is a factor I'm slightly worried about. He makes stupid rotation decisions sometimes and sits guys at the weirdest times, takes too long to bring them back etc. Sometimes you look up and there's 7 minutes left in the game, it's tied and he has TJ McConnell, James Ennis and Jonah Bolden in the game and you just scratch your head.
    Mcconell and Bolden are mostly out of the rotation, Butler doesn't get a lot of shots because he's not a good 3 point shooter, he needs the ball to be effective and he has to play off the ball with Simmons and Embiid, which is why I think he leaves in free agency this year.

Seto

Mcconell and Bolden are mostly out of the rotation, Butler doesn't get a lot of shots because he's not a good 3 point shooter, he needs the ball to be effective and he has to play off the ball with Simmons and Embiid, which is why I think he leaves in free agency this year.
    I was painting a picture, not saying he would literally do that in this series.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

knicks need jimmy. has the grit they need. have to put a few veterans around to keep him engaged. he can turn them into a playoff team at least.

thomorino

Again, a smaller quicker center like Gasol is having an great night against Embiid. Its the more mobile undersized centers like Horford and Gasol who give Embiid trouble, not the big slow guys like Adams and Drummond. Gasol's defense has been great.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Leonard just too good

1 vs 5

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

What's going on with series line?

Pinnacle

Philly-109
    Tor-107