thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

New NBA conspiracy theory

When stern was in charge, people used to think he rigged and lengthened series.

Silver has said he wants changes to the season and postseason on many occasions. We have 7 lopsided series out of 8, quite possible that these are over in less than 5 games.

Just seems like an interesting coincidence.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

When Stern was in charge the 1st round was still a joke. There were still mostly 5 game series and lots of sweeps. Stern and Silver are both Jewish Masons with the exact same agenda.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Relax guy

Enjoy the games

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16154

It's a different game now. Possessions are way way up and so not surprisingly the superior team is winning at a higher clip. Adam Silver's NBA is showtime basketball.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

The difference was back then the underdog team usually had a star equal to the favored team...and there wasn't these super teams.

When the fukkin pistons and magic and pacers and clippers are playing I cant name 1 guy.... and they're going up versus teams with multiple HOFers on them. It's not fun to watch.

At least back then you'd have a Mullen v Magic or Miller v Ewing or Thomas v Bird or Hakeem v Robinson.

Always a matchup to watch

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19249

7-8 seeds do not belong in the NBA playoffs. 6 winners - 4 wildcards - 1 game playoff at the best record to get in the playoffs.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    The difference was back then the underdog team usually had a star equal to the favored team...and there wasn't these super teams.

When the fukkin pistons and magic and pacers and clippers are playing I cant name 1 guy.... and they're going up versus teams with multiple HOFers on them. It's not fun to watch.

At least back then you'd have a Mullen v Magic or Miller v Ewing or Thomas v Bird or Hakeem v Robinson.

Always a matchup to watch
    Everything runs its cycle. This too shall pass

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    7-8 seeds do not belong in the NBA playoffs. 6 winners - 4 wildcards - 1 game playoff at the best record to get in the playoffs.
    I mean in some senses, do you really wanna see the 8 seed beat a 1 seed? If an 8 seed beats a 1 seed, imo, like it just happened it hockey, it dilutes the reg season. Then you wonder, are the Lightning even that good? Are the flames even a top team? But in basketball, when you watch a #1 seed play in the playoffs, more often than not, you're like, "damn, now that's a #1 seed is supposed to look like."

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Favorites have been dominating for years, the problem is the 1 and done's, its impossible for bad teams to consistently improve through the draft, they draft kids and by the time they are good players many leave.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Favorites have been dominating for years, the problem is the 1 and done's, its impossible for bad teams to consistently improve through the draft, they draft kids and by the time they are good players many leave.
    Been saying this for years. Teams are clueless. Warriors got lucky, they drafted a core of guys that went to college for several years. Pretty sure Draymond and Steph went to college for 4 years each, Klay at least 2 or 3. These teams like the Suns. Like Devin Booker been in the league, what, 3 years now? They still haven't even sniffed an 8 seed. Wiggins? Still not even close to hit peak yet. Guy is like 24 years old, seems like he's been in the league forever. By the time he's any good he's gonna be 27, watch. By that time, he might dip Minny.

Rings are won in free agency, plain and simple. You're not getting anyone in the draft that's gonna turn your franchise around overnight and win you a ring.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I mean in some senses, do you really wanna see the 8 seed beat a 1 seed? If an 8 seed beats a 1 seed, imo, like it just happened it hockey, it dilutes the reg season. Then you wonder, are the Lightning even that good? Are the flames even a top team? But in basketball, when you watch a #1 seed play in the playoffs, more often than not, you're like, "damn, now that's a #1 seed is supposed to look like."
    I agree with this that it dilutes the regular season when the 1 seeds go 1-9 between them, but no one wants to watch 2 weeks of blowouts either, kills the buzz of the "real games" starting.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30412

Been saying this for years. Teams are clueless. Warriors got lucky, they drafted a core of guys that went to college for several years. Pretty sure Draymond and Steph went to college for 4 years each, Klay at least 2 or 3. These teams like the Suns. Like Devin Booker been in the league, what, 3 years now? They still haven't even sniffed an 8 seed. Wiggins? Still not even close to hit peak yet. Guy is like 24 years old, seems like he's been in the league forever. By the time he's any good he's gonna be 27, watch. By that time, he might dip Minny.

Rings are won in free agency, plain and simple. You're not getting anyone in the draft that's gonna turn your franchise around overnight and win you a ring.
    Minnesota fans seem to have lost all hope with Wiggins, believing he's a bust at this point.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

Next round should be great.

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

F and playoffs = 1
    SU: 951-398 (6.35, 70.5%)
    ATS: 723-609-17 (0.72, 54.3%) avg line: -5.6
    O/U: 647-680-22 (-0.17, 48.8%) avg total: 194.9

F and playoffs = 1
    SU: 951-398 (6.35, 70.5%)
    ATS: 723-609-17 (0.72, 54.3%) avg line: -5.6
    O/U: 647-680-22 (-0.17, 48.8%) avg total: 194.9

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Minnesota fans seem to have lost all hope with Wiggins, believing he's a bust at this point.
    Such is the nature of the world. Knee jerk reactions. Can't blame them though. For a number 1 pick, he should have a desire to get better faster. But imo he's gonna be one of those guys who peaks around 27, 28. Have about 3-4 dominant years in him, where he's consistently averaging 24-25, but not enough to carry a team to a ring.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30412

Such is the nature of the world. Knee jerk reactions. Can't blame them though. For a number 1 pick, he should have a desire to get better faster. But imo he's gonna be one of those guys who peaks around 27, 28. Have about 3-4 dominant years in him, where he's consistently averaging 24-25, but not enough to carry a team to a ring.
    I think what's most concerning is how badly he regressed this year. Looking at his numbers, everything got worse across the board. Maybe you can blame Butler a little bit but Wiggins just didn't seem to care much on the court (unless he was playing OKC for some reason). Maybe that's a good thing though since that would mean he can actually improve.

thomorino

Wiggins is overrated because he played his high school basketball in Canada, not the same competition as here, we see the same with RJ Barrett.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Wiggins is overrated because he played his high school basketball in Canada, not the same competition as here, we see the same with RJ Barrett.
    The rap on Wiggins is he's just a nice kid without a competitive bone in his body. I remember seeing him play for Canada at the '13 Americas and he looked like a boy among men. I saw Barrett last summer play for Canada and he looked like a man among boys.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post

The rap on Wiggins is he's just a nice kid without a competitive bone in his body. I remember seeing him play for Canada at the '13 Americas and he looked like a boy among men. I saw Barrett last summer play for Canada and he looked like a man among boys.
    Barrett was not impressive in the tournament, had no right hand.

IBetYou

'15 Americas sorry.

I saw Barrett in the World Cup Qualifiers over the summer.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

wiggins played his last 2 years of HS basketball in the USA. and top end ontario HS basketball is pretty good anyway. i agree he lacks killer instinct or much competitiveness.

to call him a bust when jabari parker and okafar are near his HS class (don't know exact timing) is a bit much.

it's like some raptors fan think terrence ross was bigger bust than araujo... ok someone who scored 50 points in an NBA game is a bigger bust than someone who never really had one good game in the NBA. araujo was that bad.

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Commishinors have no ability to control outcomes. It's a fairy tale.