Betpoints: 5536

how long before the nba playoffs are changed

I would say within a couple years you have a different format

hockey should probably also change but they never will

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Changed how exactly?

I think first round should always be a 5 game series. Adds some excitement & tension. Gives teams a realistic shot at beating a top dog.

Other then that I’d say playoff format is just fine I have no problems with it

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

The problem with the NBA is not their Playoffs.
    It is their putrid 82 game regular season.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Only thing they need to change is NBA allowing 2 days off in between games on non travel situations. I know it's for tv but give me a break. 2 days off is stupid. Also the start times are laughable. East coast games starting at 8pm on Sunday and all week. The other day the rockets were starting at 830 local time on a Sunday.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

all sports are too long, baseball 162 games that's crazy, then the longest sport season plays the shortest first round playoff series that makes no sense, lower basketball and hockey to 60 games, and baseball 120

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    all sports are too long, baseball 162 games that's crazy, then the longest sport season plays the shortest first round playoff series that makes no sense, lower basketball and hockey to 60 games, and baseball 120
    Doubt this will ever happen especially in baseball. even the worst teams fit 20k people on a week night. That money added up is ridiculous.

So many records associated w/ a 82 game season in NBA. Guys have a lot of pride in being top all time pts, rebs, ast, etc. all that would take a hit.

Not a good look. Won’t ever happen