SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    So since its a "Lightning" format does this mean blinds are going to be faster? Whats the structure for the final tournament? What are the starting blinds and stack sizes? Would be even better if chip stacks for the Final Tournament for the Top 20 were dispersed fairly based on performance during qualifiers.

I'm assuming that SBR Software still doesn't have the ability to do this:
    What do propose here bonzaii...

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Something like this

5000 Starting Chips for 11-20th
    5500 For 10th
    6000 for 9th
    6500 for 8th
    7000 for 7th
    7500 for 6th
    8000 for 5th
    8500 for 4th
    9000 for 3rd
    9500 for 2nd
    10000 for 1st

Blinds: 10 or 15 min blinds Of course if you want it to be a lightning format you don't have to have this many blinds and can skip levels.

10/20
    15/30
    25/50
    50/100
    75/150
    100/200
    125/250
    150/300
    200/400
    250/500
    300/600
    400/800
    500/1000
    600/1200
    700/1400
    800/1600
    900/1800
    1000/2000
    1100/2200
    1200/2400
    1300/2600
    1400/2800
    1500/3000
    1600/3200
    1700/3400
    1800/3600
    1900/3800
    2000/4000
    Last edited by bonzaii; 04-17-19 at 04:38 PM.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29922

With a longer qualifying round I liked the idea of chip stacks based on where you finish but a month long series already has enough variance to begin with. Don't really need to further reward the people who ran particularly hot imo

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Since the skill is being taken away with small sample size of tourney’s, at least raise the starting chips from 1,500 to 3k.

Any Donkey can get lucky & win a couple of tourney’s in a month to qualify. Doesn’t mean they’re good enough to qualify over a skill based 6 month event.

pabonaparte
    bobbywaves aka the chosen one
    pabonaparte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

It would be great if blinds remained the same but chip stack reduced to 1000.

pabonaparte
    bobbywaves aka the chosen one
    pabonaparte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Quote Originally Posted by pabonaparte View Post
    It would be great if blinds remained the same but chip stack reduced to 1000.
    For qualifiers 1000 is sufficient. For the final, I like what bonzaii proposed.

stuler
    stuler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 308

I like it. Thanks Drew!

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Since the skill is being taken away with small sample size of tourney’s, at least raise the starting chips from 1,500 to 3k.

Any Donkey can get lucky & win a couple of tourney’s in a month to qualify. Doesn’t mean they’re good enough to qualify over a skill based 6 month event.
    this is not a good format for u booby, u might want to take the month off, going to require 1st 2nd and 3rd finishing positions not your 6th 7th and 8th place finishes u will have to stop playing scared

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    u might want to take the month off
    Considering it.

u will have to stop playing scared
    If I decide to participate, my playing style & strategy surely won't change.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

If current chips and format remain it's a crap shoot as I stated (and others), so it's all about what she wants to accomplish.

Since it's already been announced, I guess the structure is all they can alter unfortunately

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51613

I guess it really comes down to what SBR's priorities are. Assuming that those who wanted to qualify all had the ability to play almost every day, no question a longer promo would be more skill intensive.

But again, is that their number one goal? Or is the main goal to try to get as many people as possible interested in poker/the site as possible? If that's the goal, I have a feeling this new format may be better in that regard for two reasons.

For one, most people can't play every day, many have to miss a week or two here and there due to vacations, work, other more important obligations etc. And those who do have to miss such time often will not play at all during the entire promo since their chances of qualifying when having to miss several tourneys goes way down - that is, they may not play for three whole months. But in this new format, if they have to miss a week or two in one specific month, they likely will still be inclined to play in the two months after that as each of those will have a new promo where those missing weeks are not impacting their chances.

Second, one of the things that dissuades some people from participating is the fairly large amount of time you need to invest to make it. Playing five days a week for an hour to an hour and a half - not easy for many! And doing that for three months straight is a big burden. But doing it for only one month is a far less demanding commitment. Somewhat similar to the earlier point, there likely will be some who might decide to try to make it one particular month when they have the time, then take the next month off when they are more busy, and so forth like that, compared to just taking all three months off.

Thus, on the whole it feels like the average participation will go up. That said, this is pretty much all speculation, only the actual results can tell the real story! Good that SBR is trying it, no substitute for the actual data they will collect. So we will see what happens, and then they can proceed from there deciding if they feel the new format was more effective than the old ones or not.

thechaoz

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

some good players in this , gl

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

just pencil in franklee and jakepeavy for top 20
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    just pencil in franklee and jakepeavy for top 20
    I've never not qualified for a poker promotion I've participated in (even the brutal world cup). I'm going to change my style for this though, because not only can NO ONE fade the variance of this short format. The prizes are nice for a short format, but I'd rather have it two months and double those.

Regardless, grinding and getting low end scores will probably not cut it. It's going to be a ....

DONK FEST ! - Joe Cool (he's right though)

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    I've never not qualified for a poker promotion I've participated in (even the brutal world cup). I'm going to change my style for this though, because not only can NO ONE fade the variance of this short format. The prizes are nice for a short format, but I'd rather have it two months and double those.

Regardless, grinding and getting low end scores will probably not cut it. It's going to be a ....

DONK FEST ! - Joe Cool (he's right though)
    See this is where SBR needs to find a happy medium. Your comment is the exact point here; you always qualify. What about the people who do not qualify. Does SBR want the same 100 users playing or do they want to encourage more people to join.

The longer format benefits the regulars who always qualify like yourself, but does nothing to increase the chances of a new SBR member winning and thus keeping them around. This is ultimately a marketing tool for SBR and they need to format it so it is convenient for everyone and can also grow the userbase.

I think this month long format is perfect for the situation.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I dont see the point of staggering chips stacks in this fast format.

The gap between 1 and 20 shouldnt be so much.

The game of poker literally never stops, so if SBR did this every time, I would be happy with it.

the skill is eventually rewarded anyways

shorter series=more main events

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

looks around 700-800 points needed if none of the prizes change

personally I always thought 8 was a bad spot for the bubble because it allows for tight play at a full table

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Might hop in this now that its only a month long commitment

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

the final should be 1500 points

start at 10/20 blinds

15minute levels

75 bbs to start is more than enough

the higher the chips start, the longer it takes to actually play poker
    Last edited by RudyRuetigger; 04-19-19 at 12:49 PM.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

15 minute levels is too long for online poker. No more than 10 minutes, POSSIBLY 12 minutes. I mean we are not playing for that much money and there are only 20 players.

Hell the regular format isnt that bad for just 20 players. That is how everyone qualified anyway, everyone would be used to it

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    15 minute levels is too long for online poker. No more than 10 minutes, POSSIBLY 12 minutes. I mean we are not playing for that much money and there are only 20 players.

Hell the regular format isnt that bad for just 20 players. That is how everyone qualified anyway, everyone would be used to it

maybe even 1k start
    by doing it my way, you add time to the end of the tourney and skip time in the beginning

which is exactly what people want

you can stay right around that 50-75 bb range

playersonly69

I am looking to play some poker right now. Lets play some NL

RudyRuetigger

I am looking to play some poker right now. Lets play some NL
    no points

cant really find a loan

dont want to post looking for one

dont want to have to pay back daily anyway

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Should just make it 500 starting chips. That's when the real quality of play begins. Plenty of room to allow you to maneuver your stack and make plays. On the plus side don't have to hear people whine when they take a beat.

RudyRuetigger

Should just make it 500 starting chips. That's when the real quality of play begins. Plenty of room to allow you to maneuver your stack and make plays. On the plus side don't have to hear people whine when they take a beat.
    how many times do you need to see 5000+ starting stack and a waste of hour 1 to realize that is the worst possible idea

50-75bbs is fine, it will still be a nit fest first hour, but itll be more play

and when there are 10 or so left 1.5 hours in and the prizes actually mean something so they want it to last longer without all in/fold......they can still have playability

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    no points

cant really find a loan

dont want to post looking for one

dont want to have to pay back daily anyway
    Why do you lack the management & discipline to create your own pts bankroll?

Constant broke dikks like yourself are an embarrassment.

I may have a 22k loan application with your name on it.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51613

how many times do you need to see 5000+ starting stack and a waste of hour 1 to realize that is the worst possible idea

and when there are 10 or so left 1.5 hours in and the prizes actually mean something so they want it to last longer without all in/fold......they can still have playability

While I doubt this would ever be done (who knows if SBR's software can even do it!), I still like the idea that both of us suggested last time of only having blinds go up based on number of players left rather than fixed amount of time, in order to keep the average stack reasonable.

Say in this particular final, 20 players, 1500 chips per person, they use the same blind structure that the current dailies use. Only difference is say that when blinds are set to go up to 50/100, they do not do so unless there are 15 or fewer players left. If there are not, continue at the same 25/50 level, and automatically raise them to 50/100 once you reach 15 players. Then similarly for the next level, do not go up to 75/150 until you have reached 10 or fewer players, then 100/200 at 8 players, 150/300 at 5 players, and so on.

In essence again, can ensure that the average stack is never really below 20 BBs (that could of course depend a bit on how you count antes), but this would always guarantee a reasonable amount of play compared to most tourneys which degenerate into nearly every player having around 5 BBs give or take a bit in the later stages which nearly entirely comes down to luck then.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Why do you lack the management & discipline to create your own pts bankroll?

Constant broke dikks like yourself are an embarrassment.

I may have a 22k loan application with your name on it.
    some of us fukk around with points and dont only rely on them for a source of food

who is a bigger broke dikk, penny pinchers like yourself saving each point or someone fukkin around with them

it should be obvious, but i will help

it is you

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Using the format of 1500 starting chips, most players would only have around 10-15 blinds after the first hour lol. Really doesn't matter to me anyway because its easy enough to adjust to a quicker structure or a slower structure. What your saying doesn't add up though.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    While I doubt this would ever be done (who knows if SBR's software can even do it!), I still like the idea that both of us suggested last time of only having blinds go up based on number of players left rather than fixed amount of time, in order to keep the average stack reasonable.

Say in this particular final, 20 players, 1500 chips per person, they use the same blind structure that the current dailies use. Only difference is say that when blinds are set to go up to 50/100, they do not do so unless there are 15 or fewer players left. If there are not, continue at the same 25/50 level, and automatically raise them to 50/100 once you reach 15 players. Then similarly for the next level, do not go up to 75/150 until you have reached 10 or fewer players, then 100/200 at 8 players, 150/300 at 5 players, and so on.

In essence again, can ensure that the average stack is never really below 20 BBs (that could of course depend a bit on how you count antes), but this would always guarantee a reasonable amount of play compared to most tourneys which degenerate into nearly every player having around 5 BBs give or take a bit in the later stages which nearly entirely comes down to luck then.
    The software can't even boot players after 15 mins lol. No way is this possible even though I like the idea. Better chance that they could make the levels longer after a certain blind level.

RudyRuetigger

Using the format of 1500 starting chips, most players would only have around 10-15 blinds after the first hour lol. Really doesn't matter to me anyway because its easy enough to adjust to a quicker structure or a slower structure. What your saying doesn't add up though.
    make it 20 minute blinds then

i dont know the perfect number of minutes but i do know raising the starting stack is the wrong answer

bobbywaves

some of us fukk around with points and dont only rely on them for a source of food

who is a bigger broke dikk, penny pinchers like yourself saving each point or someone fukkin around with them

it should be obvious, but i will help

it is you
    Unlike you, I gamble every day with 5Dimes cash & with pts here. Not Rudy, as you don't have cash nor pts.

If I relied on pts as a "source of food" as you ignorantly state, then it stands to reason I would constantly cash out & have no pts. Since I'm retired & well off, I'm afforded the luxury of saving pts while not having to cash out often.

To answer your question....you're obviously the bigger broke dikk, as our balances & store purchase history clearly indicate.

playersonly69

Lets play some OMAHA HIGH boobywaves, or are you too scared

RudyRuetigger

Lets play some OMAHA HIGH boobywaves, or are you too scared
    he saves points just so he can brag about them

very sad

but thread should get back on topic

it isnt sbrs fault the first hour is pathetic in the finals and the last 1.2 hours are too fast...that is exactly what users requested

then still bitched

First 12345 ... Last