KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Raptors stink. Lowry and Gasol are spent as I thought. Kawhi bolts in the summer and they're left with 50 million committed to those 2 has-beens. The irony is Valanciunas went off in Memphis to close out the season. Possibly exposing Raptors had been misusing or at the very least under-using him for years. Will have to see what he does over a full season playing a few more minutes and having a bit more responsibility.

Embiid could've kept the showboating stuff down but I guess that comes with the character. Hopefully no letdown in game 4.
    Lowry is garbage, he is a below average starting PG at this point. He literally has no moves. He either chucks up a three or has no idea what to do off the dribble and just throws up a wild shot and then complains that he got fouled after he misses the shot. I understand why they got Gasol to space the floor and he can shoot from outside, but he is washed up. Kawhi needs to leave Toronto, he has to do everything for them. Take Kawhi off Toronto and they are a fringe playoff team. I'm starting to think Sixers take the next game. Not sure Toronto can afford to rest Kawhi anymore, they suck when's hes not on the court.

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

Boston tonight

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Raptors stink. Lowry and Gasol are spent as I thought. Kawhi bolts in the summer and they're left with 50 million committed to those 2 has-beens. The irony is Valanciunas went off in Memphis to close out the season. Possibly exposing Raptors had been misusing or at the very least under-using him for years. Will have to see what he does over a full season playing a few more minutes and having a bit more responsibility.

Embiid could've kept the showboating stuff down but I guess that comes with the character. Hopefully no letdown in game 4.
    Val was properly used in Toronto. Raptors knew his weaknesses and used him accordingly hence the advanced stats look good for him. Playing for a losing team is easier and Val was given the opportunity. Let’s see how he performs when he plays big minutes next season. I liked Val in Toronto but that was worth the gamble.
    I still expect raptors to battle back and this series far from over.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Val was properly used in Toronto. Raptors knew his weaknesses and used him accordingly hence the advanced stats look good for him. Playing for a losing team is easier and Val was given the opportunity. Let’s see how he performs when he plays big minutes next season. I liked Val in Toronto but that was worth the gamble.
    I did say we'd have to wait to see how he does over a full season with more minutes didn't I?

It's not quite over yet and we've seen many teams lose game 4 in this situation but it's Philly's series to blow. They are the better team and I've been consistent in saying that since before the series started.

I doubt the Bucks or Raptors will win a road game this round.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Long time no see man.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Seto,

It's very early in the series to be making those kinds of statements. Lowry can easily play well the rest of the series. Gasol is more of the question mark. The guy can obviously still play, but he's just not getting the opportunities, perhaps because Siakam takes so many shots. But Nick Nurse is an offensive guru, don't forget that. He will find a way to get those two guys involved. Trust me.

This series, even if Philly manages to win game 4, is far from over. I see a 7 game series here.

mikmik
    mikmik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15907

Anything on the next game?

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by mikmik View Post
    Anything on the next game?
    I thought about taking Denver but I’m probably going to just leave it. Good luck.

mikmik

Thank you as always

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Seto,

It's very early in the series to be making those kinds of statements. Lowry can easily play well the rest of the series. Gasol is more of the question mark. The guy can obviously still play, but he's just not getting the opportunities, perhaps because Siakam takes so many shots. But Nick Nurse is an offensive guru, don't forget that. He will find a way to get those two guys involved. Trust me.

This series, even if Philly manages to win game 4, is far from over. I see a 7 game series here.
    Goat watch the game bro. Don’t get so caught up on reputation. Lowry is a shell of his former self. He can’t get by anyone anymore. His game was always built on getting to the basket. As he got older he became more of a 3 point shooter but he still had that ability to drive when he needed to. He can’t do it anymore. He’s killing them.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Goat watch the game bro. Don’t get so caught up on reputation. Lowry is a shell of his former self. He can’t get by anyone anymore. His game was always built on getting to the basket. As he got older he became more of a 3 point shooter but he still had that ability to drive when he needed to. He can’t do it anymore. He’s killing them.
    I never thought Lowry was that good tbh, but he's a solid well rounded kind of guy. He's been sloppy all around. We both know what we've seen from Lowry is not what he's capable of. Sure, he's not the player he was 4 years ago, but he's better than what he's shown thus far.

t-wizzle

I never thought Lowry was that good tbh, but he's a solid well rounded kind of guy. He's been sloppy all around. We both know what we've seen from Lowry is not what he's capable of. Sure, he's not the player he was 4 years ago, but he's better than what he's shown thus far.
    Of course but I don’t expect much to change. If he gets hot for a game then so be it but other than that I don’t see much else changing.

Goat Brett Brown deserves major credit. Moving Embiid onto Siakam was a great adjustment. The Raptors haven’t been able to take advantage of Harris with Gasol.

Goat Milk

Of course but I don’t expect much to change. If he gets hot for a game then so be it but other than that I don’t see much else changing.

Goat Brett Brown deserves major credit. Moving Embiid onto Siakam was a great adjustment. The Raptors haven’t been able to take advantage of Harris with Gasol.
    Yup. That coaching move has proven to be the difference in the series right now. I think it was pretty obvious after game 1 that Tobias Harris had no chance of guarding Siakam. Embiid is a great defender and can guard a non-jump shooting PF like that easily. If Nick Nurse can't find a way to take advantage of Gasol/Harris matchup, Toronto has no chance to win this series.

I really think Nurse is gonna put the ball in Gasol's hands a lot in game 4, especially on the block. And kind of make him the quarterback.

t-wizzle

It’s just not in Gasol’s nature to be aggressive, especially at this stage of his career. He strays from the paint and looks to make the right pass. 2014 Marc Gasol would have his way with Harris.

t-wizzle

Siakam doubtful tomorrow.

76ers ML -110 (2x)

KRIT

Siakam doubtful tomorrow.

76ers ML -110 (2x)
    Kawhi will need to go for 50 for them to have a chance.

KRIT

Lowry has been playing like this every year in the playoffs, even when he was an all star. He chokes in the playoffs. He plays way different in the playoffs, you can just see he is overthinking every play. Raps should have moved on from him when they got rid of Derozan. By next season he will be a washed up older guard.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Kawhi will need to go for 50 for them to have a chance.
    So will Philly go to-3.5?

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

WagerType: Date: Team:
    STRAIGHT BET May 04 NBA [589] GOLDEN STATE +140

killersweet

Long time no see man.
    I always check your thread during the playoffs. You are very consistent with your picks 👍

killersweet

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Lowry has been playing like this every year in the playoffs, even when he was an all star. He chokes in the playoffs. He plays way different in the playoffs, you can just see he is overthinking every play. Raps should have moved on from him when they got rid of Derozan. By next season he will be a washed up older guard.
    He has had good games in the playoffs but the bad has certainly outweighed the good over the years. You can’t expect this kind of performance from your 33 M PG. MU did try to trade him at the deadline for Conley. But didn’t work out.

killersweet

Yup. That coaching move has proven to be the difference in the series right now. I think it was pretty obvious after game 1 that Tobias Harris had no chance of guarding Siakam. Embiid is a great defender and can guard a non-jump shooting PF like that easily. If Nick Nurse can't find a way to take advantage of Gasol/Harris matchup, Toronto has no chance to win this series.

I really think Nurse is gonna put the ball in Gasol's hands a lot in game 4, especially on the block. And kind of make him the quarterback.
    I haven’t been impressed with Nurse at all. He has been slow with the adjustments. But he has a struggling bench and inconsistent starters other than Kawahi. I didn’t like Casey because he was terrible at making adjustments during the playoffs and always got out coached. If Siakem misses tomorrow’s game, raptors will be in deep trouble. Lowry has to really have an exceptional game. Bench Van fleet and play Mccaw.

t-wizzle

Rockets -3 -110 (3.5x)
    Last edited by t-wizzle; 05-04-19 at 06:34 PM.

degennn
    degennn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5047

Rockets -3 -110 (2x)
    Man...I feel this...cus dubs as a dog always feels trappy...hmm...

t-wizzle

Rockets -3 -110 (3.5x)
    Added 1.5x

Goat Milk

Wizz, Rockets are -3.5 -110 for the game at 5 dimes, and -3.5 +100 for the 1st half at 5dimes. Have you ever seen something like that before? What does that indicate to you?

t-wizzle

Wizz, Rockets are -3.5 -110 for the game at 5 dimes, and -3.5 +100 for the 1st half at 5dimes. Have you ever seen something like that before? What does that indicate to you?
    Sorry I missed this man. I talked with lakerman about this. We knew houston would start strong. Books told us the deal. What a game that was.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave t-wizzle 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mikmik

Thanks again

Rutek44
    Rutek44's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry I missed this man. I talked with lakerman about this. We knew houston would start strong. Books told us the deal. What a game that was.
    Still think Houston can win the series?

t-wizzle

Just so we’re clear I had 3.5x on rockets last night. Not 5x. A good hit either way with a nice break at the end.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Rutek44 View Post
    Still think Houston can win the series?
    No I think State wins game 4.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by mikmik View Post
    Thanks again
    The best there is

t-wizzle

Through 5/5: 37-28 +11.09 units

Game 4: Warriors ML +100 (4x)
    Last edited by t-wizzle; 05-06-19 at 09:12 AM.

t-wizzle

Game 4: Celtics ML -120 (2x)

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

GL wiz

First ... 6789101112 ... Last