allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

That 4th foul on jerome was garbage call. If he doesn't get that call uva wins by dd

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

They didnt get robbed , Pearl has to tell his players if you foul anyone , make sure it's not Guy . The kid is clutch , wtf wouldn't you double him knowing the ball is going to him ?
    It's an obvious foul , the clock and time left is irrelevant . It's a foul or no foul , fukk the time .

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

You guys are saying the double dribble was when he bounced it off his foot???

Outsider626
    Outsider626's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5178

If refs didn't miss double dribble than there wouldn't be a foul on Guy. But the double dribble was a tough call to make. Even NBA greats like Sir Charles didn't know it was a double dribble and based on Auburn players and coaches reaction they didn't know either.

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot26 View Post
    They didnt get robbed , Pearl has to tell his players if you foul anyone , make sure it's not Guy . The kid is clutch , wtf wouldn't you double him knowing the ball is going to him ?
    It's an obvious foul , the clock and time left is irrelevant . It's a foul or no foul , fukk the time .
    What about the no call on the double dribble? The 3 ball shot never would've happened had the ref did his job.

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    No. But when he picked up the ball and dribbled again that was the double dribble. Ref missed it

Outsider626
    Outsider626's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5178

Yes. He couldn't pick up the ball and continue to dribble. Auburn player had to touch the ball first.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

butt hurt Auburn ML players ITT, that cover tho

maggiethebestdog

Quote Originally Posted by Outsider626 View Post
    Yes. He couldn't pick up the ball and continue to dribble. Auburn player had to touch the ball first.
    My bad
    I turned it off immediately after game and missed that
    I thought people were saying it came when he got fouled

They missed that call but Auburn still gave the game away with an obvious foul on the 3 pt shot

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Ranger has a salient point ...

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Quote Originally Posted by MrSink View Post
    yeah , thought it was double dribble . all those games are so close.
    No such thing as a DD any more.

Lol

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by GzaTheGenius View Post
    Virginia was scorless for almost 5 minutes leading up to that... unreal though.. I am happy because i won money but you dont make that call on a buzzer beater in that situation

Props yo Guy for the balls of steel.. not easy to make 3 FTs with everything on the line like that
    And Auburn couldn't Hit a 3 to save their lives first half.

Complete rip job

U2.5
    U2.5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3223

Lol
    This is fukkin hilarious
    He "double dribbled" after the Auburn guy intentionally tried to tackle him

More sharp observation on SBR
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7MBLaS5cI0

did he now?"

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    That 4th foul on jerome was garbage call. If he doesn't get that call uva wins by dd
    I disagree. He was frustrated bc he did not get a foul call under the rim, so he reached in on the Auburn guard. Even Bennett tap his noggin while eyeing Jerome. He knew he made a poor play out of frustration.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Make your free throws and you win.

Could have fouled before the shot if up 3.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Didn’t even watch. No chance I was passing up a beautiful day to go downtown and party it up in the Lou. This whole tourney been a disgrace so have no doubt you telling the truth. If they can’t bother calling the games fair ill be damned if I’m gonna waste my time watching them. Worst final 4 in history anyways, that what happens when refs decide Games.
    Points Awarded:

goduke gave 2daBank 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

maggiethebestdog

Quote Originally Posted by U2.5 View Post
    I already posted that I was talking about when the foul was called with 1.5 left

I admitted to missing the whole double dribble thing because I turned off the game immediately after it was over

My bad on that

That is a legitimate beef, however people who say that the foul call on the 3 pt shot was a bad call are delusional

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    easiest fade in a title game since SB53
    You will get buried. Uva is going to get redemption for what happened last year. Save your money

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Remember the tip off. Imagine how the game would have changed

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Clearly a foul
    You can not undercut a guy
    Dangerous and absolute 100% correct call.
    Too bad NFL officials can’t make the obvious call
    Correct call. They missed the double dribble but clear foul and easy call.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post

Lol
    for years. guys do it all the time. hardly ever called.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Auburn is gonna have this season vacated anyway. Now just need to get rid of Sparty. Home of letting pedophilia run rampant.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    You will get buried. Uva is going to get redemption for what happened last year. Save your money
    Uva nothing special. I’d rather spend 3 hours running into a wall than watch Bennett junk brand of dog shit basketball

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Ref can't eat the whistle on the double-dribble. He discontinued his dribble. Just make the call, very ez.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

Range is spot on here. Horrible fuk'in shot call and the no call on the DD was absolutely ridiculous. That fuk'in ref should have ate his whistle, deciding a game on a bullshit last second call like that. Samir gave Kyle Guy plenty of room to come down and was angling away to not foul Guy.

The refs should have let it play out, but those fuk's don't want no 5 seed making it to the final. And like others clearly pointed out, make the fuk'in double dribble call, its a turn over and Auburn wins. They definitely got robbed. Auburn was the better team. Fuk'in refs are a bunch of idiot hacks.

Igor_1965
    200 Independence Avenue
    Igor_1965's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 89

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    Ref swallows the whistle on a double dribble with 6 secs to play

Then the Auburn foul on the 3 at the buzzer (legit)

Then lose

Brutal way to go out
    Was the missed double dribble a worse call than missed PI in Saints/Rams game?

It's so hard to find a balance between reviewing everything and having games progress at a decent tempo (real time). I think they have a great idea with tennis challenges where you get 3 challenges every set. So if you are getting jobbed by the refs (linemen, umpires) and you continue making good decisions you can theoretically challenge EVERY bad call even if it takes forever.

Isn't there a way to make it happen in basketball where coach can challenge any call or non call - provided he isn't out of challenges by that time?

Igor_1965
    200 Independence Avenue
    Igor_1965's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 89

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post

Lol
    Ok just call no fouls in the final 60 seconds of a game. Let them play tackle football lol. Point is you have to make playing field even. If one team is allowed all-star rules and players can take 5 steps, that's not even field.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

H
    Quote Originally Posted by thatopmoron View Post
    f it just think we get to fade a loser team that was up 10 and choked hard and should've lost the past 2 games both if the other team just makes their final free throw... Refs all on their nuts at the end

they will lose the title game easy
    #fade.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

The Fix was In

Did the ref make some nice coin for his family? Like Donahue did in the NBA? I'd investigate that ref immediately. And not only would a third grade intramural player call that a double-dribble.....but all game they were bumping on nearly every shot with no call (meaning they let them play all game unless the guy could not get off his shot) to finally call one at the end. That game was fixed. That will be the last college basketball game I ever watch. Even if you won with Virginia I hope you're not blind to see the rig.

It's gotten to the point where you can't bet on games anymore. Even if you're a sharp. I know the majority were betting Auburn, but clearly Auburn was the better team and should have won the game. I don't understand how they left that kind of player unguarded in the corner in the first place? Scratching my head!

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

I'm still in rage after that happening. Serious rage. Perhaps, I should thank them because my time of ever watching sports anymore or following it at all is coming to an end.

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

There was a foul call
    If a foul causes a player to lose control of the ball there might be a delay in the call if the ref lets it play out
    Have you people ever watched basketball before??

Unreal
    I really hope you don’t believe anything you’re typing? Nobody could be that stupid.

The foul that was calle had nothing to do with anything score or during the double dribble, regardless of if you believe a foul should have been called. The foul was called on the shirt grab that occurred, after the double dribble, when the Virginia player went past the defender. Right before he threw up the prayer shot. Wow. Your first time watching basketball?

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Jeez, next time just take the 6 points then there is no bitching.

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

Quote Originally Posted by Outsider626 View Post
    If refs didn't miss double dribble than there wouldn't be a foul on Guy. But the double dribble was a tough call to make. Even NBA greats like Sir Charles didn't know it was a double dribble and based on Auburn players and coaches reaction they didn't know either.
    Watch the replay. The Auburn defender made the Double Dribble signal to the ref right after it occurred. I have no doubt that the refs know that is a double dribble, no matter how incompetent they may be. I called for it along with a couple of other people right when it happened. This is not some obscure rule in basketball. It’s a fking double dribble.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

SBR sports knowledge

They called a foul on the guy that caused a "double dribble"
    He grabbed the fukkin guy on purpose

The Auburn player leaves his feet, jumps sideways into a shooter up in the air and hip checks him

Yea, they got robbed

STFU already

maggiethebestdog

Quote Originally Posted by Romocide View Post
    I really hope you don’t believe anything you’re typing? Nobody could be that stupid.

The foul that was calle had nothing to do with anything score or during the double dribble, regardless of if you believe a foul should have been called. The foul was called on the shirt grab that occurred, after the double dribble, when the Virginia player went past the defender. Right before he threw up the prayer shot. Wow. Your first time watching basketball?
    Maybe if you actually read the posts in the thread you would see I already addressed my comments
    I turned off the game immediately after it was over and missed the double dribble explanation on TV
    When I saw the comments on here I assumed people were saying that it occurred on the play where he grabbed his jersey and that foul was called
    I fully admitted my mistake on that
    I then went back and saw the actual double dribble explanation

They definitely got screwed on that, however if anyone says that the foul on the 3 pt shot was a bad call, they are delusional

First 12