Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Landers hit me with one of those pizza hot dog specials.

Or what were those lock special you used to run?

Run one for old time's sake.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

jeopardy starts in 11 mins who's going to watch the gambler

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

guy is making these nerds look like fools lmfao

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

not only does he know what to bet, he also knows every single question

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

LOL I love him “$9812 for daily double” .... “anniversary” hahaha

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

wow he's kicking ass, this guy is a machine, he might get to a million in earnings, can only imagine how good this guy is at betting sports
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    LOL I love him “$9812 for daily double” .... “anniversary” hahaha
    its a complete joke to him, basically like mike trout playing little league baseball

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    its a complete joke to him, basically like mike trout playing little league baseball
    It really is, he’s just making standard 10k bets +100 when he knows he wins the “bet” 75-90% of time lmao

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

u wonder why he wasn't on jeopardy sooner, someone this smart what took him so long to get the call

eaglesfan371

Just a casual 55k mid 2nd round

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

This guy is a living encyclopedia.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

wanna this guy vs jennings and the guy from pittsburgh who has never lost a game before that would be epic

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

He’s so far ahead he’s not even holding his buzzer lol

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

kind of interesting they are taping 5 shows in a day and only tape 2 days a week,

The lag between recording and airing the shows varies a little as it depends on the summer re-run break, tournaments, and other factors. Generally the delay is around three months — if I recall correctly. Shows are generally recorded two days a week and only every other week. The ones I have attended were on Tuesday and Wednesday with five shows (a full week) being recorded each day.
    There is practice in the morning to get the new contestants up to speed and the tech prep all ready to go. The “on-deck” contestants all get to play in some practice games and get coaching on the buzzer. I noticed that the clues on the practice games were typical of the easier questions in real games — giving the contestants some confidence and the ability to relax a bit.
    And then the five games are recorded — almost in real-time. There are a few stops in the games to correct things and to let the contestants know if they are being consistently too late or too early on the buzzer — they really take pains to try to help everyone do their best. But unless there is a long pause to resolve a scoring question or fix a tech problem, the little interruptions don’t take much longer than the commercials would when the show airs.
    The show maintains the illusion that the winner is returning from “yesterday’s game,” even though it ended only 15–20 minutes ago. The pace if frenetic. The contestants get up to play, and before they know it the game is over. But all of the contestants — win or lose — have a great time. Contestants are requested to bring a few changes of of clothing (shirts and ties, blouses, scarves, etc) so that they will have a somewhat different outfit on when they come back from the green room 20 minutes later for “the next day’s” game.
    Imagine being the winner . . . you have a few minutes to rush to the green room, put on a different shirt and tie, and get back to do it again. And again and again if you keep winning. Jeopardy! aficionados know any contestant could win the game if they could beat the others on the buzzer consistently. Great knowledge gives some advantage but not as much as you thing. Commenting on my son’s streak other champions said things like, “his knowledge base was incredible and his buzzer skill phenomenal — but it was his stamina that made the most different.”

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

so since this was taped so long ago and 5 games a day this guy could of broken ken jennings record who knows

eaglesfan371

Just a casual 31k final jeopardy and a nice message to a family member. Now owns the #1 and #2 top 1-day totals. Averaging 59k per day thru 7 wins lol

Absolutely insane. I would hate to be a bookie in Vegas taking his bets.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

not bad 415k in 7 shows with 5 being filmed a day 2 per week so day and a half 415k not too bad james

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    not bad 415k in 7 shows with 5 being filmed a day 2 per week so day and a half 415k not too bad james
    Ridiculous. How often does a guy generate such income w/ the same effort that it takes to breathe?

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Someone on a website commented he was in the school for the gifted in Illinois growing up.

My buddy Jimmy told me about this shit. I've been watching since his 3rd or 4th win and the guy is unreal. I actually forgot about tonight because I'm a degen.

He was pulling up ancient languages on Arabian Pennisulas.

Dude could do anything, not sure why he chose sportsbetting
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Someone on a website commented he was in the school for the gifted in Illinois growing up.

My buddy Jimmy told me about this shit. I've been watching since his 3rd or 4th win and the guy is unreal. I actually forgot about tonight because I'm a degen.

He was pulling up ancient languages on Arabian Pennisulas.

Dude could do anything, not sure why he chose sportsbetting
    i agree why is he betting sports with his brains, could be some new job opportunities after this jeopardy run

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

maybe hes like ben affleck guy from the accountant

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10862

Dude needs to stick with game shows
    Can’t hit sports betting at the same percentage

eaglesfan371

Sports betting is what has allowed him to wager 10-30k on a daily double with no sweat. He looks at each question as a +EV bet rather than "oh my god I am risking $10k!!" like all other contestants.

He probably prefers a carefree lifestyle and being with his family. If sports is doing that for him and less time than a 9 to 5, go for it. Very, very rare for someone to actually live a good life being a professional gambler, but its always the math degree geniuses who do it. Not some random guy off the street.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    Sports betting is what has allowed him to wager 10-30k on a daily double with no sweat. He looks at each question as a +EV bet rather than "oh my god I am risking $10k!!" like all other contestants.

He probably prefers a carefree lifestyle and being with his family. If sports is doing that for him and less time than a 9 to 5, go for it. Very, very rare for someone to actually live a good life being a professional gambler, but its always the math degree geniuses who do it. Not some random guy off the street.
    i was surprised some of those daily doubles he was only risking around 10k if he went all in he would of been well above 100k

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    i was surprised some of those daily doubles he was only risking around 10k if he went all in he would of been well above 100k
    Because this show is basically a near never ending flow of $$$ for him. If he wagers 10k and plays it safe he can make 30-70k a day doing this and very very few can beat him. If he goes all in every time, one mistake and he can’t come back the next day.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

730 pm tonight the goat continues his run

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

thechaoz

It's fun and all he does those quirky numbers, but the last few games especially he's thrown away some serious cash where he was super confident in the subject and did a lower number for a anniversary, whatever.

This is not GTO. I think it's time to really start laying the wood.

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Dude needs to stick with game shows
    Can’t hit sports betting at the same percentage
    He's a genius and actually went to a school for the gifted. How the hell he didn't end up a DR or some shit and in Vegas is a story I need to know.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

the machine wins again, guy is a freak, should have an sbr contest pick the date that james loses , could be a while

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

very interesting.. he is a very good player. very knowledgable. of course, his big thing is large betting

although he doesn't seem to be lightening quick on the buzzer (like alex jacob the poker player was). i could be wrong about that, but it seems like in single jeopardy he often gets clues when someone else has already got it wrong.

i'm always shocked people don't bet more on daily doubles. there is james betting $14K on a daily double and his opponent bets $3k. how do you expect to beat him?........ also, james jumps to nice early lead, bets it all. if he gets it, he's basically won the game and can often bet very aggressively later. if he misses, he can rebuilt his stack later in double jeopardy. he has 3 or 4 ways to win that way and it maximizes his winnings too.

your jeopardy life is limited, even for the best players (i doubt jennings would last as long today as he did back in the day. he was like an internet player B4 the internet (not technically B4 the internet) but you get the idea. so may as well win alot of $$$ per show.

i even wonder if someone should risk runaway status in final jeopardy occasionally if you love the category......... although i do find the easier the category, the harder the FJ question.

keep in mind that "price is right" contestants for years did sub-optimal strategy. i hear that has changed. i'm specifically thinking of "boxing out" earlier bids.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

James did brick a Daily Double on Monday. I think he's going to have to brick twice to lose a match. You're right, opponent needs to figure out that HE needs to double-up for chance to beat James (or at least have chance in Final Jeop).

You're right on the categories. They test broad knowledge, not deep knowledge. Best player is a Liberal Arts major who a little about several different topics.

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    very interesting.. he is a very good player. very knowledgable. of course, his big thing is large betting

although he doesn't seem to be lightening quick on the buzzer (like alex jacob the poker player was). i could be wrong about that, but it seems like in single jeopardy he often gets clues when someone else has already got it wrong.

i'm always shocked people don't bet more on daily doubles. there is james betting $14K on a daily double and his opponent bets $3k. how do you expect to beat him?........ also, james jumps to nice early lead, bets it all. if he gets it, he's basically won the game and can often bet very aggressively later. if he misses, he can rebuilt his stack later in double jeopardy. he has 3 or 4 ways to win that way and it maximizes his winnings too.

your jeopardy life is limited, even for the best players (i doubt jennings would last as long today as he did back in the day. he was like an internet player B4 the internet (not technically B4 the internet) but you get the idea. so may as well win alot of $$$ per show.

i even wonder if someone should risk runaway status in final jeopardy occasionally if you love the category......... although i do find the easier the category, the harder the FJ question.

keep in mind that "price is right" contestants for years did sub-optimal strategy. i hear that has changed. i'm specifically thinking of "boxing out" earlier bids.
    today was his worst round, I usually see him chime in when people are snapping on the button and he answers right away

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    today was his worst round, I usually see him chime in when people are snapping on the button and he answers right away
    he seemed a little flustered after missing that 1st daily double but then re bounded nice in the 2nd round, he will be tough to beat because he seems to know every subject

First 1234 Last