degennn
    degennn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5047

Jusuf nurkic

This is sad

jm8122
    jm8122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11771

Was so bad Nets players sprinted away after seeing the left leg, hell of a season for the fella speedy recovery hopefully

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 31736

Wow massive blow for Portland! Nurkic is probably more important than McCollum at this point.

I guess they have to give starter minutes to Kanter

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16011

he's the type of player that's always going to be prone to leg injuries; always jumping into the lane for offensive rebounds at 280Ibs. Jokic & Cousins have the right idea; they rarely ever leave the ground. Embiid will have an injury like this some day.

IBetYou

It's all DRs fault. Nets should have won the game in regulation. He was throwing the ball all over the place like a fool.

SmokingKing
    SmokingKing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1126

daamn...

Blazers were one of those teams i felt like could make some noise in the playoffs... RIP City....

IBetYou

Blazers were the team I was going to fade the shit out of in the playoffs. Now nobody wants to bet them.

inspektr
    inspektr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1362

Wish I ain't have to see that live , at first I thought it was a flop since he kinda went down easy the play before

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9604

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    It's all DRs fault. Nets should have won the game in regulation. He was throwing the ball all over the place like a fool.

That is true...But watching the game, due to financial interest on the over (+),
    I felt the key to going into overtime was Seth Curry's missed free throw at the 3.5 second mark.

Jusuf Nurkic's injury was as bad as any that I have seen in sports, including NFL injuries.
    Terrible.

Last edited by 19th Hole; 03-26-19 at 04:22 AM.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

jusuf nurkic breaks leg out indef watch at ur own risk

nasty

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

yuck

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang
    bosigga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3706

I was watching live too as a Blazer fan....fuuukk that was horrific. He was straight beasting too. Career year. Feel bad for him.

I thought they could’ve got to WCF this year

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28781

Ouch

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

The Portland Trail Blazers beat the Brooklyn Nets 148-144 in double overtime, but Jusuf Nurkic suffered a serious leg injury in the second overtime as he was stretchered off the court.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

That was hard to watch. Nets player bursts into tears. WoW

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Blazers Nurkic snaps leg. OUCH!!!

I often think this injury could be prevented with efforts to create more bone density.. Such as Muay Thai kick boxers develop.. People who train MMA know what I'm talking about.

They can basically kick solid metal objects as their shins and legs won't break.. Bones below the knee have become more dense from years of kicking hard objects daily..

Prevention..

IBetYou

^^^ Sixers need to get Embiid doing that. Just a matter of time with him. I'd trade him if I were them. Get Simmons someone to work with long term.

IBetYou

I wonder if the Blazers blow it up this summer... I'm assuming they wont get Nurkic back until the All-star break next season, by which point they will by out of the race in the brutally tough West. Lakers will be back. Mavs, Kings, Suns are all going to be very good... eek!

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Nets sprinted away like they hated the call. Then you realize its cause they saw the dudes leg.

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

the ref kicked it after he was down. like completely clueless or like screw it I am getting away!

alon7777777
    alon7777777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 854

I like the Blazers.
    Very sad horrible injury

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

injuries part of the game and paycheck, really sucks for him, promising career but surgery is amazing now, he might come back stronger than before. medicine has come a long way!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    the ref kicked it after he was down. like completely clueless or like screw it I am getting away!
    I saw that.. RUTHLESS!!!

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I often think this injury could be prevented with efforts to create more bone density.. Such as Muay Thai kick boxers develop.. People who train MMA know what I'm talking about.
    They can basically kick solid metal objects as their shins and legs won't break.. Bones below the knee have become more dense from years of kicking hard objects daily..
    Prevention..
    I don't think you can create more bone density by kicking trees. Diet is most likely more important than trying to build up tolerance through continuous punishment. You might end up building more bone that reduces your effectiveness on the court?

The injury was very freakish. I didn't see a lot of force on the leg but at least it looked like it broke clean in 2 places. He also didn't have any ligament damage, so he should be able to come back after a year of rehab. Sucks but he'll be back.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13209

damn this could be career ending. sucks this guy came a long way him and jokic were jocking for starting center for denver at one point

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I don't think you can create more bone density by kicking trees. Diet is most likely more important than trying to build up tolerance through continuous punishment. You might end up building more bone that reduces your effectiveness on the court?

The injury was very freakish. I didn't see a lot of force on the leg but at least it looked like it broke clean in 2 places. He also didn't have any ligament damage, so he should be able to come back after a year of rehab. Sucks but he'll be back.
    You build shin bone density by constantly striking something with them.. Common knowledge for years and years now..

You'd know this if you sparred with a seasoned MT kicking striker and either blocked or offensively kicked as a beginner. You can break your leg in sparring if you haven't built up your bone density when the pads are thin or worn down severely or go without pads against a big time kicker.

https://muay-thai-guy.com/shin-condi...muay-thai.html
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 03-26-19 at 07:43 PM.

IBetYou

I remember going to a karate recruitment thing as a kid and seeing them hand chop blocks. I was told it was all to do with focus. BS, I know the truth now.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Gotta build up that shin bone density and hope you don't get blocked kicking hard straight into the knee block.. Anderson Silva can tell you about that and so can this guy.. There still are breaking points even with dense bones..

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post

Ask Jibbby if he can provide you with medical facts to back his statement.

Jibbby's knowledge comes from movies.
    Last edited by Thrilla; 03-27-19 at 03:04 AM.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32138

NBA players showing their support.

Team/Teammates

Portland Trailblazers: We love you, @bosnianbeast27 ❤
    Damian Lillard: "He wouldn't want us to say alright, let's feel sorry for ourselves, feel sorry for Nurk and not care as much. So we're going to finish the job."
    CJ McCollum: ����
    Enes Kanter: Prayers up for my brother @bosnianbeast27 ����
    Meyers Leonard: Great teammate. Great friend. Great player. Incredibly bright future. Thinking about you brother. Prayers up ���� @bosnianbeast27
    Others

Denver Nuggets: From your #MileHighBasketball⁠ ⁠ family, You're in our thoughts, big fella.
    Jared Dudley: Prayers to go out to @bosnianbeast27!!!! You hate to see injuries like that.. Health is bigger then basketball.. I know hell make a speedy recovery and come back better! ������������
    Blake Griffin: get well soon big fella @bosnianbeast27
    Karl-Anthony Towns: Prayers up for @bosnianbeast27 ����
    Rudy Gobert: Damn... hate to see this. Get well soon big guy. #nurkic
    Ben Simmons: Never want to see that happen to anyone ���� @bosnianbeast27
    Bradley Beal: Nurkic ����
    DeMar DeRozan: Man!! Prayers to Nurkic...����
    Luka Doncic: ���� nurkic!!
    Donovan Mitchell: Prayers up for Nurkic!!! ������������
    Julius Randle: Prayers for you big fella! @bosnianbeast27
    DeMarcus Cousins: Nurkic����
    Zach LaVine: Damn man thoughts and prayers ���� #StayStrong @bosnianbeast27
    Buddy Hield: Prayers for Nurkic ��������
    Marvin Bagley III: Prayers up for Nurkic������������
    Bogdan Bogdanovic: @bosnianbeast27 ������
    Dwyane Wade: Hate this part of the game. Prayers up for Nurkic!
    Isaiah Thomas: Praying for you hard right now Nurkic, Gods got you! ������������
    Andrew Wiggins: Prayers out to @bosnianbeast27 ����
    Evan Fournier: Nurkic����
    Tim Hardaway Jr.: Prayers up for Nurkic.. ����
    Gordon Hayward: Zelim ti brz oporavak brate @bosnianbeast27
    Will Barton: Prayers up to you big fella @bosnianbeast27 ��
    Garrett Temple: Prayers up for @bosnianbeast27 ��������!!!! Hate to see that ��
    Emmanuel Mudiay: Prayers up for my boy nurk!
    Kent Bazemore: Prayers up.. @bosnianbeast27 ����
    Willy Hernangomez: Stay strong @bosnianbeast27 ������������
    Dzanan Musa: Ne mogu da vjerujem šta se desilo ovog momenta , brate vratit ćeš se još jači, zvijer si i bit ćeš još veća nakon ovog svega!!!!! @bosnianbeast27 ������������
    Pat Connaughton: Speechless... Prayers up Nurk ���� @bosnianbeast27
    Juancho Herangomez: @bosnianbeast27 my brother ... ��������������������������
    Harry Giles III: God please be with Nurkic��������
    Jarred Vanderbilt: Prayers up to Nurkic ���� Hate to see stuff like that.