HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

If her injury doesnt get worse yeah she very well could... I have her covering today

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeMiro View Post
    JJ, hope you realize your argument is flawed. Serena is pushing 40, has more Slams than Graf and yet is no better?!
    Graf played 11 less years

thread over

Stephens needs to quit, I heard rumours she is having issues mentally

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

You retire when you're done; after all, greats are supposed to defy all odds?!. 23 > 22

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

She was not done
    She was not a tennis junkie

Serena had too many bad losses in very big matches graf had zero

JaimeMiro

Anyone can be great when their only rival is Martina Navratilova... Look what happened when Monica Seles stepped onto the scene, *her fan knew she was done and stabbed a teenager! Compare the talent pool in that era to the 90's/00's - Monica Seles, Hingis, Clijsters, Venus, Li Na...

flabrah5
    flabrah5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2476

Osaka got cocky. Letting Sascha go because he rightfully asked for more money as he made her who she was and was winning majors was purely justified. I hope she falls and never wins again.

Sascha is a legend. A great guy. She was always so rude to him as well.

Good riddance. The man deserved more and she thought it was all her and now look what happens.

JaimeMiro

Quote Originally Posted by flabrah5 View Post
    Osaka got cocky. Letting Sascha go because he rightfully asked for more money as he made her who she was and was winning majors was purely justified. I hope she falls and never wins again.

Sascha is a legend. A great guy. She was always so rude to him as well.

Good riddance. The man deserved more and she thought it was all her and now look what happens.
    This is all speculation.
    Current generation just hasn't been consistent, all the young Slam winners have tailed off after winning a major; Halep, Garbine, Sloane, Ostapenko. That's just the WTA... There's just no one ready to take the throne. Thought it would be Wozniacki/Halep.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

let's go wang up next halep should be a good match

flabrah5

Id say Halep has stayed consistent more than any of them. I love Kvitova as well as think she is one of the prettiest gals on court. That height, those legs, that competitiveness. Man, I was really hoping she grabbed the AO from the one we shall not name (aka Osaka if Im speaking jibberish).
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: HurryUpAndDrink

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeMiro View Post
    This is all speculation.
    Current generation just hasn't been consistent, all the young Slam winners have tailed off after winning a major; Halep, Garbine, Sloane, Ostapenko. That's just the WTA... There's just no one ready to take the throne. Thought it would be Wozniacki/Halep.
    Problem is you won't see someone dominate like that in WTA, there never has been consistency. Sure Williams was that but she was rare. How often do you see a woman holding serve 80%+ ? Basically never.

5 set matches in ATP allow for greater consistency and less upsets vs 3 sets where women have trouble holding serve.

flabrah5

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    Problem is you won't see someone dominate like that in WTA, there never has been consistency. Sure Williams was that but she was rare. How often do you see a woman holding serve 80%+ ? Basically never.

5 set matches in ATP allow for greater consistency and less upsets vs 3 sets where women have trouble holding serve.
    I 100% agree with you. 5 set matches allow the better players to prevail and give them such a larger advantage to pull through. Rarely are you going to win 3 sets against the guys like Djoker, Fed, and Nadal. They can drop 2 sets easily, but that 3rd allows them to do what they do best --- win.

JaimeMiro

Halep is my favourite, but she runs out of gas in finals. Should've won against Ostapenko & Wozniacki; it's so frustrating. Svitolina/ Pliskova no show at Slams. 5 sets would be suicide in WTA.
    Imagine the drama of Sharapova vs Serena and it goes 5

Vyasports
    check raise re-raise all-in
    Vyasports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1334

5 sets WTA.... oh my Lord...

First 12