KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    But trying to say he isn’t that incredible is fukkin ridiculous, kid is a generational talent and unless your iq is south of 100 ya can’t argue that.
    Banker, I never cooked a pot pie directly on the rack. Generational talent sure but guy isn't winning anyone on this forum a penny and they are all apologising for him cuz he has never displayed any human emotion so people do not feel threatened.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Banker Upton also roughly 15 mil in dead payroll per year as well.
    Yea that a killer. It will never kill a team to pay for a guy who producing, it those contracts where you not getting return that really lowers your chances to compete. We will always have a soft spot for halo’s doing us a HUGE favor and outbidding us for Albert! Lol.

I hope cardinals give goldy whatever he wants far as a per year basis, just don’t want them to go more than 3-4 years, 5 tops (he already 31). They can absolutely afford to give him 30-35 mil per year and still field a competitive team around him as long as he producing at a high level. The 18ish mil per we paying Fowler is way more painful, along w the redic amount we paying for Cecil garbage ass. I’m of the opinion your franchise way better off paying a sure fire stud 30 mil a year than 2 middling bums that same amount!!

2daBank

Banker, I never cooked a pot pie directly on the rack. Generational talent sure but guy isn't winning anyone on this forum a penny and they are all apologising for him cuz he has never displayed any human emotion so people do not feel threatened.
    Lmfao, I am guilty of that! I wouldn’t recommend doing it, gets pretty messy and nothing left to eat!! Lol

The money these guys getting is all relative, sure to us it a ungodly amount but thing is the money is there. I can assure you owners wouldn’t be shelling it out if it wasn’t beneficial to them, I rather the talent take it home than it go in billionaires pockets. I think giving out contracts longer than 8 years is freakin crazy but the amount per isn’t a big deal long as guy producing imo.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

So why did he only go 1 for 12 in the biggest games of his career?
    Is that a large enough sample size to say he is a choker in the postseason?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Lol. Hell no.

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15205

Getting in around midnight, will probably play a little craps or blackjack than get some sleep for the games

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Trout is no big deal

He’s just the best baseball player out of 8 billion people on the planet.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: A Quant

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    Trout is no big deal

He’s just the best baseball player out of 8 billion people on the planet.
    Lol. Bingo

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Akihisa Mera

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Couldn't tell u for certain. Is 7 seasons enough to say he is Jesus Christ himself? When the Angels have the money to surround him will be at least a couple seasons, do we know he will still be at the exact same level and nobody else will be? How do we know Bryce Harper isnt going to shatter records with that short porch in right?

2daBank

Couldn't tell u for certain. Is 7 seasons enough to say he is Jesus Christ himself? When the Angels have the money to surround him will be at least a couple seasons, do we know he will still be at the exact same level and nobody else will be? How do we know Bryce Harper isnt going to shatter records with that short porch in right?

Harper power numbers gonna go thru the roof at that bandbox!! Philly actually a really good example of how trouts contract shouldn’t effect halo’s ability to get more talent in other places.

Of course we don’t know if trout still be performing at same high level in 3-4 years. Think it pretty safe to assume he will, imo it gonna be around year 6-7 when they gonna have to worry about a fall off, that prob be around time they have to switch him to a corner outfield spot.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Guys Manning didn't just get the biggest contract by a pro athlete ever. In ALL pf sports. Yes he is the best in the bigs all around today, so what? Have any of you watched an Angels game in the laat 5 years? They fukking suck. Watching Trout make a nice play or 2 in the outfield your avg outfielder couldn't make doesn't cancel out the image of watching bums like Cole Calhoun and Justin Upton pretend to be pro baseball players.
    I was basing my opinion on what we think vs how he actually was.

Football players can't get that kind of contract

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Guys Mike Trout made the playoff once. His team got swept. He went 1 for 12 from the plate with 1 single RBI.

1 FOR 12 WHEN IT ACTUALLY MATTERED. Harpers is at least .215 in the post season and has actually had a hit in a big moment.
    And by "him", you mean an entire organization. He's one of several dozen pieces.

I'd like to say I picked Manning, but can I give honorable mention to Jeter for most overrated

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Trout underrated actually

1 hitter know matter what he does cannot impact a team much

CapWhileCrappin
    Update your status
    CapWhileCrappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2444

The premise of this thread is so laughable that it has to be an ill-conceived trolling attempt.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23972

Trout

Chiefs83
    Update your status
    Chiefs83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1571

-1.5 might have saved me by himself tonight

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Jesus....tried to give up a homer

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs83 View Post
    -1.5 might have saved me by himself tonight
    Got it, 3-1 final. Winner!

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not that I care but If Mike Trout played for any respectable franchise that put real talent around him like the Yankees or Red Sox he'd have 2 or 3 MVP awards and would be talked about as being an all-time great already. Arguing a baseball player is a choker based on 12 at bats when they were in their early 20s is one of the dumbest arguments I've heard on this forum

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

People trip me out. Bryce Harper gets 330 and makes an already loaded team an immediate contender and nearly everybody on here had a negative comment about Bryce and the deal itself. Trout gets significantly more from a team that has NOTHING around him and it's "Good for Mike." That team has no depth and no other stars and they spend that kind of money when they still got Pujols on the books for 2 more years? Can't imagine why they have missed the post season 8 of the last 9 seasons.
    Signing Bryce Harper didn't come close to making Philadelphia a contender, signing Segura, Mcutchens and Realmuto along with Harper has made them a contender. If all PHiladelphia did was add harper they wouldn't even be favored to win their division.

Sol Diablo
    Sol Diablo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2483

Haven't read one word in the thread.

But the thread title is retarded.

Mike Trout might be the most underrated athlete ever.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Basically it comes down to these next 5-7 years. If he doesn't win a ring, then yes, of course. He also doesn't usually make the playoffs. But these are his prime years coming up, so this is where your thread will be proved right or wrong. Right now, it's too early to say.

jjgold

lol not overrated

Hitters do not carry teams

Good Pitchers stop good hitters EVERY TIME

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

He's the best but what I dislike about Trout is that he chose to stay on a losing team.

He's from South Jersey and could've looked at a team like the Yankees or the Phillies. Harper was trying to get him to play there. What does Trout do? Stay on a team with very little talent. Doesnt he want to win??????

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Trout prob most under rated athlete of my lifetime

we've been lucky to watch some of the greatest of all time in their sports for most of us

Gretzsky, Mario, Jordan, Lebron, Brady/Pats, Bonds. They all came with proper media attention and fan hype

Trout gets 3 % of that.

He plays on a shit team in a shit time zone in a shit to watch sport that slowly accumulates #'s that can be boring to accumulate.

(getting an extra walk per week can make you super valuable in MLB, but that ain't exciting)

in other sports, a guy can have 1-2 career years and all the sudden they insert him into GOAT discussions

remember Steph Curry's first big year awhile back?

endless GOAT threads and articles on the basis of one year.

in baseball you often don't get appreciated until after the career is over and the numbers start to be looked over harder.

especially true now, because the fan generations that run the social media content and online articles are geared towards... a) don't care about baseball b) can't be "wow-ed" by very very very good non dramatic baseball results.

Trout has little flare-value

if you are smart, you'll enjoy him now

jjgold

no pressure playing for Angels which does boost your stats

games mean nothing by all star break

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Grand Slam Trout

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Grand Slam Trout

Crushed it

jjgold

will go down 5 greatest baseball players ever

The Mickey Mantle of todays game

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

trout is amazing... he is much better than harper. and more consistent/reliable than machado. i'd have been very concerned giving harper much more than 5 years myself.

otoh, i don't understand the trout >>> babe ruth and barry bonds type stuff i see.. seems like espn or si.com or both are out to prove he's the greatest player ever, which he isn't.

i think the angels in time will be good with trout, simmmons, ohtani etc.... Orange County is a market that should attract free agents and the angels can pay them.

gojetsgomoxies

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    no pressure playing for Angels which does boost your stats

games mean nothing by all star break
    i would say that might be a negative for stats..... hard to stay focussed........ anyway, i've never heard anyone say someone's baseball stats are inflated from playing for bad team. most other sports "yes" but they have different structures where one players points may come at the expense of another player

gojetsgomoxies

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    will go down 5 greatest baseball players ever

The Mickey Mantle of todays game
    agreed totally......... i can basically see him claiming the #3 or #4 spot all-time for position players... ruth, bonds (depending on your steroid view), mays/trout.. mantle was great but injured too much and didn't take care of himself.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 311

Trout is much better than Harper. PERIOD.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

This is difficult to answer. First and foremost I am a proud white man and my race comes first. Also agree with Chris Rock. I also refuse to date my own race for some reason. Know that part of it is like what Lawrence Fishburne says to the white cop sleeping with a black girl in the film Deepcover Fishburne's character says to said white guy "You like f***g blacl women cuz its like f***g a slave." Def true. So it is complicated Sammers. I have called many a black male N er right to their face when challenged. Was like Riley Cooper plenty of nights of my life. "I'll fight every n***er here."
    i live in jacksonville florida and you try it and i'll slit your throat. i promise you.

First 12345 Last