LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Best Job NCAA Committee Ever Did?

Seems like the committee is finally using a system that works. for probably the first time ever, I honestly do not think there were any notable snubs to speak of. Got bless the addition of NET ratings and Kudos for letting Belmont in over a mediocre middle-tier major.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It just fell perfect

Nothing to do with committee

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

They screwed Mich St pretty good, but the selection of teams they pretty much nailed.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

It helps that there was barely enough teams to fill the bracket. Very bad bottom end of teams. Many teams dont deserve to be in, so no teams to really miss out.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    It helps that there was barely enough teams to fill the bracket. Very bad bottom end of teams. Many teams dont deserve to be in, so no teams to really miss out.
    yes thread ender, it should be a 32 team team tourney

64 only a money maker

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    They screwed Mich St pretty good, but the selection of teams they pretty much nailed.
    I disagree, I said Saturday night after Duke won that Sunday's games would have no bearing on one-seeds. I also thought that only possible monkey-wrench was Tennessee replacing UNC with a win Sunday, I never even considered Michigan State a threat for a one-seed. In fact, the committee has Spartans ranked 7th nationally with Kentucky/Tennessee 5-6, and I have no issue with that. My model rankings have Michigan State 6th and Tennessee 7th after Sunday, but still, no complaints with what committee did.

jjgold

Duke could be the 10th seed and still be in the final 4

It does not matter

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I disagree, I said Saturday night after Duke won that Sunday's games would have no bearing on one-seeds. I also thought that only possible monkey-wrench was Tennessee replacing UNC with a win Sunday, I never even considered Michigan State a threat for a one-seed. In fact, the committee has Spartans ranked 7th nationally with Kentucky/Tennessee 5-6, and I have no issue with that. My model rankings have Michigan State 6th and Tennessee 7th after Sunday, but still, no complaints with what committee did.
    There is a big difference between being the best 2 seed and the worst one, which is exactly what they did. No other real complaint from me.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Yes this did help, when Indiana loses 12 of 13 games what can they say

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

They need to expand to 128 teams making the tourney. One extra game on Monday is not going to kill anyone.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

I think TCU had a good case and got snubbed but otherwise not a bad field at all

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    There is a big difference between being the best 2 seed and the worst one, which is exactly what they did. No other real complaint from me.
    What do you mean? Once the seeds are determined, the committee could basically place them where they want, only the four 1-seeds are ranked nationally. In other words, the committee ranks every team and the teams ranked 5-8 are the four 2-seeds. BUT at that point, the committee could place them in whatever region they deem appropriate, there is more to consider than just straight ranking.
    Last edited by LT Profits; 03-18-19 at 07:42 AM.

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

Marquette a 5 seeed and villanova a 6??? Committe puts VCU against C Florida in first round...guaranteeing one of these small schools they don't want making a run is knocked off...then they get to play a 1 seed...lol

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

MSU-Mich should have switched.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by dark star View Post
    Marquette a 5 seeed and villanova a 6??? Committe puts VCU against C Florida in first round...guaranteeing one of these small schools they don't want making a run is knocked off...then they get to play a 1 seed...lol
    There will always be quibbles within seeding, I was thinking more along the lines of no real snubs and getting the one-seeds right (some would say 3 ACCs is gutsy). I think committee did great job in those regards,

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

There will always be quibbles within seeding, I was thinking more along the lines of no real snubs and getting the one-seeds right (some would say 3 ACCs is gutsy). I think committee did great job in those regards,
    Yeah I agree.I am a St Johns fan and thought they should have been left out.After a closer look there wasn't an obvious snub.San Diego St, possibly, I think Temple and Belmont should not be in a play in game. Ohio St should be no doubt. Possibly Baylor

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

What do you mean? Once the seeds are determined, the committee could basically place them where they want, only the four 1-seeds are ranked nationally. In other words, the committee ranks every team and the teams ranked 5-8 are the four 2-seeds. BUT at that point, the committee could place them in whatever region they deem appropriate, there is more to consider than just straight ranking.
    They posted all of the "real" seeds this year could have swore Michigan was 5 and Michigan St 7. That number in blue next to the name on the show.

LT Profits

They posted all of the "real" seeds this year could have swore Michigan was 5 and Michigan St 7. That number in blue next to the name on the show.
    OH I did not realize that. But at the same time, it also shows my point, mich state in 1-seed region and not 2-seed region despite being 7.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I think they did fine but they certainly didn’t go by NET when it came to selecting teams. A lot of teams left out with higher NET ratings than those that they made it. NC State at 33. St. John’s at 73. That’s just one example. Belmont was solid at 47. The committee seems to pick and choose what criteria they use. NC State played no one OOC so it doesn’t bother me any. I’m good with the job they did.

Cuse0323

I believe Michigan was 8, and MSU 7. Michigan State should be where Michigan is. They didn’t send Michigan State out West is probably their reasoning.

Cuse0323

Ohio State at 71 in NET and isn’t even in the playin game. I think they took everything into account and did well. Bubble teams have plenty of chances to play themself in.