JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11546

Lebron and Kawhi caught chatting after the game yesterday!

He will be in touch!!! I'd take Kawhi in a Laker uniform next year.

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/c3ba729e-...n-telling.html

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Jibs, I would never say never when discussing NBA players and what they are thinking.

BUT, Leonard seems a little too grounded and intelligent to get himself involved with the drama and disfunction that is the L.A.Lakers.

I love the guy and always have. Always brings it on both ends of the floor. A true professional.

The Rapts make the Finals, wouldn`t surprise me he signs and stays. The gets bounced early, clips seem to be frontrunner.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I think he stated before he wouldn't mind playing in a big market like LA.. Him and Lebron seem cool also.. You team those 2 guys up next year that Laker team won't be disfunctional any longer. That would be a hell of a one two punch as a starting unit next year..

I watch Leonard play this year and he looks so bored in Toronto.. Like he's just going thru the motions.. I guarantee he wants out..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 03-15-19 at 11:53 AM.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    Jibs, I would never say never when discussing NBA players and what they are thinking.

BUT, Leonard seems a little too grounded and intelligent to get himself involved with the drama and disfunction that is the L.A.Lakers.

I love the guy and always have. Always brings it on both ends of the floor. A true professional.

The Rapts make the Finals, wouldn`t surprise me he signs and stays. The gets bounced early, clips seem to be frontrunner.
    Did you forget about the drama in San Antonio? Did we ever find out why he wanted out so badly?

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Report: Kawhi Leonard doesn’t want to join LeBron on the Lakers

Dane Delgado
    •Mar 11, 2019

The Los Angeles Lakers are in a bit of a tailspin. LeBron James is on a minutes restriction, and they’ve got deeper issues than just what’s happened this season.

Meanwhile the roster in LA has been built with the idea of getting multiple superstars this offseason to help James. That’s not exactly a shoo-in either, particularly after trade talks for Anthony Davis fell apart earlier this year.

Los Angeles has been a rumored landing spot for Toronto Raptors free agent Kawhi Leonard, although reports have said Leonard prefers the Clippers in the past. As the year has ground on up north, it seems the Lakers’ chances at signing Leonard have become increasingly dim.

Speaking on Brian Windhorst’s podcast, ESPN writer Michael C. Wright said that what he’s hearing is that Leonard is not interested in the Lakers.
    Via ESPN:

“I do not [think he’s interested in the Lakers]. That’s just what I’ve been told. It’s what I’ve been told going back to last summer. I don’t see that as something that’s happening. I think he goes to the Clippers.”

Toronto doesn’t look like the strongest team in the East, and an NBA Finals run was what most thought could keep him with the Raptors. If Leonard decides to change teams this summer, it seems like the rumor continues to be that he won’t be picking to join LeBron on the Lakers.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Did you forget about the drama in San Antonio? Did we ever find out why he wanted out so badly?
    His feelings were hurt in San Antonio during the injury. I don't think he liked the way he was treated by the organization or by POP either..

https://www.expressnews.com/spurs-na...t-13094522.php

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7333

LeBron will be traded

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

If your a high profile guy, why would you want to go to a crappy organization, who will finish 11th or 12th in the Conference with arguably the world's best player? No thanks.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

He isn’t crazy enough to get caught up in all that drama with the Lakers. Clippers would be a better fit for him. They are building something pretty decent over there.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

He should sign with the Kings at max contract.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7333

Buss needs to tell magic to trade James or fire magic

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Did Lebron blow him???

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    No, I didn`t forget. BUT we don`t know why he decided to hold a hard line. I didn`t love it , but was it so much better and professional than the way 99% of players air their laundry today. He wasn`t posting all sorts of BS or leaking crap about the Spurs.

No matter how we as fans think of his injury, maybe he decided he needed more time and knew he was going to a new team and wanted to be in the best possible condition.

Another thing I love about him, is he improves his game by working on his weaknesses.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Lebron sitting out tonight. No back to back play which I think is smart..

Lakers getting murdered in Detroit now. City does have a high crime and murder rate..

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/los-ang...ns-2019031508/

dawg58kahn
    dawg58kahn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1235

lebron goes to the west and cannot make the playoffs. lmao goat

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

I have a plan. Let's get Kawhi, Durant and Harden to Lakers so Lebron can sniff the playoffs again. He may have to come from the bench though.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12975

Don't forget that his crazy uncle is his main advisor

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16005

I saw a photo of Leonard over the summer after a workout with James (and Durant and.. Cedi Osman). Appears they're pals already..

Last edited by IBetYou; 03-15-19 at 11:16 PM. Reason: image

IBetYou

I just hope he doesn't go to the Warriors (replacing Durant). That would be too much

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    I just hope he doesn't go to the Warriors (replacing Durant). That would be too much
    Elite players that have been in the league a while tend to do that if they haven't tasted a championship.. Would not be shocked.. GS is the destination for rings.. KD is proof that... Splash bro's still young..

Sharp post Ibet.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I think he stated before he wouldn't mind playing in a big market like LA.. Him and Lebron seem cool also.. You team those 2 guys up next year that Laker team won't be disfunctional any longer. That would be a hell of a one two punch as a starting unit next year..

I watch Leonard play this year and he looks so bored in Toronto.. Like he's just going thru the motions.. I guarantee he wants out..
    to be fair, he would look bored on a roller coaster.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by dawg58kahn View Post
    lebron goes to the west and cannot make the playoffs. lmao goat
    Do you see his team? He isn't god. No one thought they were going to be great this year.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Lakers should have faked a LeBron injury preseason for him to save face. Then tank for Zion. LeBum isn’t winning shit to close out his career.

IBetYou

Thing to watch in LA is Magic's job security. If he messes up again this summer I can see him getting pushed out by angry share holders and Bryant - who's modelling himself as a brilliant basketball mind these days on social media - taking over.

spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10669

The mix of superstar players also has to be the right mix. Don't forget LAL tried this before with bringing in Malone and Payton to team up with Shaw and Kobe. Malone was convinced with the "utmost certainty" that he was going to win his first nba title. Detroit Pistons kicked their asses bigtime as we all know. But adding just one more superstar, and only one , may be ok. Something gotta happen or Magic Johnson is gone. personally I'd like it to work out and see Magic Johnson stick around.

IBetYou

I don't see what adding Karl Malone at the tail end of his career has to do with adding Leonard in the prime of his. Malone didn't even play in the finals that year. Payton was banged up too -although he played through it to some degree. It's true what they say.. people only remember the results

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Don’t forget James is getting older and older and slower and slower

IBetYou

Like what Scalabrine said, he will be able to tell his grand-kids he was a super-star on that '08 title team

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

caught chatting sounds kinda nancy why cant grown people talk