flipacoin9698
    flipacoin9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Michigan State got screwed by the committee

I had them penciled in at #1 seed with a win today... maybe a high #2. Sagarin rankings have them solid #4 in the country... today's big win not yet computed into that.

They get the region with Duke. Committed says they are the #7 overall seed... so why are they in the region with Duke the #1 overall seed? WTF?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Could have swapped them with Michigan.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Committe is crooked. They should go to drawing teams like they do in soccer for World Cup and Champions League.

flipacoin9698

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Committe is crooked. They should go to drawing teams like they do in soccer for World Cup and Champions League.
    I read an article years ago that makes perfect sense... it was more specific for selecting the football final four but the logic applies. The choices should be made by professional oddsmakers based on who would be favored in each matchup. Makes perfect sense to me.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Waste of a Sunday afternoon the Cincy Houston game and that one.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Mich State was knocked out early last year correct?

bet them first round at halftime if they fail to cover 1st half...

Virginia will make sure to MURDER whoever they play first game

no way you go 0-2 with those plays if state gives you the chance to bet them 2h

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

I would lean to Michigan St and Virginia to cover personally. Bradley was 5th in a down Missouri valley. They don't belong anywhere near this tournament. Virginia well obvious reasons

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4508

Calling all memories back to Iowa State top 2 seed back in 2000 (Tinsley, Fizer) and get put in MSU #1 regional, then play at the Palace and Sparty needed fake calls to beat them. State has been luckier than any other team; I don't feel bad.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Also ridiculous that MSU has to play early on Thursday. Gives them the least rest of all 68 teams.

MSU - the team with the most Quad 1 wins, the most wins against tourney teams, and the only power 5 to sweep their regular season & tourney championships - gets seeded in the #1 overall bracket and the quickest turnaround of all.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Michigan State was a better team than Michigan but their resume wasn't as good, their losses were bad, losing twice to Indiana. Its not just about how good a team is - its also the resume, Michigan State is better than Michigan, but their resume isn't as good.

flipacoin9698

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Michigan State was a better team than Michigan but their resume wasn't as good, their losses were bad, losing twice to Indiana. Its not just about how good a team is - its also the resume, Michigan State is better than Michigan, but their resume isn't as good.
    That does not hold water. Yes they lost 2x to Indiana... but you are ignoring all of their big wins, most in the country. Those losses were without HALF of their offense out injured. At the end of the day, MSU got screwed with their seeding. No way in hell they should be treated like the overall 8th seed in the Duke bracket. And Duke got screwed too... no way they should have to face MSU to get to the dance. Wolves get preferential treatment as usual. So Izzo will have to come up with a plan to beat K... something he has rarely been able to do in the past. It seems easy to me... you get Zion in foul trouble... it is that simply. Duke is a #15 team without him.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11750

Crap intentional foul not called late in the game today.. Could have been the difference between a win and a loss.. Looked rigged to me.. Refs are bone heads or paid off.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10202

Yep. Michigan was fouled right after crossing the half-court line.
    WTF was Blue doing throwing up a running 3 with time on the clock?
    Terrible decision. They had over 13 seconds on the clock and bring the ball
    up-court and shoot it helter-skelter.

Izzo doesn't Fizzo.
    I got Sparty live at +380.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Yep. Michigan was fouled right after crossing the half-court line.
    WTF was Blue doing throwing up a running 3 with time on the clock?
    Terrible decision. They had over 13 seconds on the clock and bring the ball
    up-court and shoot it helter-skelter.

Izzo doesn't Fizzo.
    I got Sparty live at +380.
    Trying to draw the shooting foul since he was intentionally fouled. Terrible year for referees. I’m sure we’ll have some ultimate fck ups in the tourney as well.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3598

They eant the izzo k matchup. Look at tbe other regions. Same thing. Nc kentcuky.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I disagree, I think the committee did the best job I have ever seen this year with no notable snubs and the four one-seeds matching mine. The addition of using NET rating seems like nice solution. I have no problem with Michigan State seeding, UNC, Tennssee and Kentucky all had better NETs and looks like Ky, Tenn, MSU is national 5-6-7 in that order with Michigan at 8.

Any quibbles seem pretty minor so kudos to the committee.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Virg did not belong a number 1 seed but it does not matter

If your good you win there are no homecourts

If you look at seedings it has no correlation to a teams success

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7235

Maybe they are tired of Izzo whining and crying all game long to the officials. He is beyond embarrassing. Despite being a good coach he is a jerk . Wish a ref had the balls to toss his midget ass out of the game once. Maybe he would realize how pathetic he looks.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

A
    Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I disagree, I think the committee did the best job I have ever seen this year with no notable snubs and the four one-seeds matching mine. The addition of using NET rating seems like nice solution. I have no problem with Michigan State seeding, UNC, Tennssee and Kentucky all had better NETs and looks like Ky, Tenn, MSU is national 5-6-7 in that order with Michigan at 8.

Any quibbles seem pretty minor so kudos to the committee.
    Can’t have it both ways. They used NET , you claim?

Look at the bubble teams and their NET rankings then

NC State (33) OUT
    Clemsin (35) OUT
    Texas (38) OUT
    Furman (41) OUT
    Belmont (47) IN
    Lipscomb (49) OUT
    TCU (52) OUT
    Indiana (54) OUT
    Temple (56) IN
    Alabama (59) OUT
    UNC-G (60) OUT
    Arizona State (63) IN
    St. John’s (73) IN

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

They don't go straight by net. Essentially putting Michigan St 8 and Michigan 5 is terrible since they went 3-0 against them. They both should be 2 seeds though, that part is ok

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

I don't like the big 10 in anything, but I agree bro

Michigan St was screwed here

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    A

Can’t have it both ways. They used NET , you claim?

Look at the bubble teams and their NET rankings then

NC State (33) OUT
    Clemsin (35) OUT
    Texas (38) OUT
    Furman (41) OUT
    Belmont (47) IN
    Lipscomb (49) OUT
    TCU (52) OUT
    Indiana (54) OUT
    Temple (56) IN
    Alabama (59) OUT
    UNC-G (60) OUT
    Arizona State (63) IN
    St. John’s (73) IN
    I said they "used" NET, I did not say it was a stand-alone factor. Think of it as a nice tiebreaker when teams are very close, which I think was the case for for the four two-seeds. Seems the two losses to Indiana ended up being huge for Sparty.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    They don't go straight by net. Essentially putting Michigan St 8 and Michigan 5 is terrible since they went 3-0 against them. They both should be 2 seeds though, that part is ok
    Was probably Michigan State 7, Michigan 8 with Ky/Tenn 5-6. Don't go off of region to try and figure out 5-8, only the one-seeds are ranked nationally, after that there are more factors involved than just straight seeding. Yes the four two-seeds are predetermined (just as all seed numbers are), but once that is determined, placement is more complicated. In other words, the committee ranks every team and the four 2-seeds are obviously the teams ranked 5-8 nationally. BUT the 5 is not automatically placed in the 4 region, the 6 not automatically placed in 3-region, etc...

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Just doesn’t seem like much common sense was used. Besides the Duke factor, MSU is slated to play a team they already played in the 2nd round - both the 7 or 10 seed. That’s dumb. Both MSU & Michigan played Sunday and have to play Thursday on short rest. That’s dumb.