eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Good. I fukking hate NBA. You can be up 20 going into 4th and it’ll end a 3 point game like 50% of time. Just an awful product. Same teams dominate every year. What in the hell is the point in watching the 1st-3rd quarters? Fukking bingo.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Quote Originally Posted by 209 Life View Post
    Need get back to defense. Dont care about 3 point offense
    90-80 games with guys they can’t shoot is so exciting cuz

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

It’s down because the younger generations don’t watch tv - everyone’s is on there tablets and phones - Case closed

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Garbage sport to watch
    booya knows

MisterDog30
    MisterDog30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 780

Going to be contrarian here. I think the NBA is just fine from a popularity standpoint. TV Ratings will continue to slide every year and networks will continue to pay up to get the product, as live sports products will continue to have a high level of consumer engagement. The networks won't get it though, as they will be outbid by Twitter, Amazon, Facebook etc.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Many think Lebron hurt the brand with his political and social antics

danwinkler
    danwinkler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Nobody wants to watch a bunch overpaid snowflakes running up and down the court chugging shots uncontested. NBA ratings would go up the roof if the bring back the grittiness from the old days.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by danwinkler View Post
    Nobody wants to watch a bunch overpaid snowflakes running up and down the court chugging shots uncontested. NBA ratings would go up the roof if the bring back the grittiness from the old days.
    Dan i know you’re a sharp around these parts. I hate the nba too but your post screams a salty “I’m a +EV professional bettor but the ONE DAMN SPORT I cannot model and win long term in, is the NBA”.

You’re not alone bud, sharpest, most boring sport to watch and bet.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

People will be wagering on the Summer League.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by danwinkler View Post

throw in the ghetto behavior element which also killed the game like NFL

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

how do they even measure ratings? i think these ratings are more fixed than sports gambling!

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Quote Originally Posted by play4win View Post
    how do they even measure ratings? i think these ratings are more fixed than sports gambling!
    I agree with that. The Nielsen ratings are a ridiculous joke. Is anyone here on SBR in the Nielsen ratings group.....or know of anyone who is? It's such a small group of people who are monitored. It reminds me of those polls that discounted Donald Trump last election. They were wrong!

That said, in my own personal experience I have noticed a marked decline in NBA interest. 99% of girls don't watch sports, period. I don't know why ESPN seems to think they do. So it's all about guys......and almost all the dudes I talk with had a much greater interest in the NHL this post season than they did in the NBA......unless of course they were from Cali or Toronto.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16130

They don't target girls, they target families. That's why they have that impostor Doris masquerading as an NBA expert (right after she's through picking the brain of Hubie Brown and the like). It's not a bad idea... In Europe pro sports is very macho and you get a lot of fans that don't like the sport so much as they like fighting. You never hear about punchups between fans at an NBA game.

First 12