Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

The Lakers Are Beyond Pathetic!

This organization is in a free fall.

Magic simply doesn't know what he's doing, any more than Isiah Thomas did with the Knicks.

I know Lebron and Kuzma are hurt (I'm not gonna even include 43% free-throw shooter Bozo in the discussion) but nonetheless, this team is bereft of talent. Little more than a G-League line up.

Now they're talking about bringing in Anthony Davis? What would New Orleans possibly want in exchange? Besides Kuzma, there's not even one good young player on the roster.

It's a flat out dumpster fire......and now they're talking about bringing in Tryone Lue to the rescue?! Yikes!!

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

Lavar Ball on suicide watch

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16166

Any team looks bad when you take away their top 2 players AND their starting pg, Warriors included.

Magic is a bright guy; a wildly successful entrepreneur. I expect a lot of people don't know this but he's also already won a championship as a GM, in the WNBA.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Any team looks bad when you take away their top 2 players AND their starting pg, Warriors included.

Magic is a bright guy; a wildly successful entrepreneur. I expect a lot of people don't know this but he's also already won a championship as a GM, in the WNBA.
    of course

If you bet them short handed your an idiot

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Lebron is poison

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Chillax. Regular season is Scrimmage in NBA

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post

Magic simply doesn't know what he's doing, any more than Isiah Thomas did with the Knicks.

I know Lebron and Kuzma are hurt (I'm not gonna even include 43% free-throw shooter Bozo in the discussion) but nonetheless, this team is bereft of talent. Little more than a G-League line up.

Now they're talking about bringing in Anthony Davis? What would New Orleans possibly want in exchange? Besides Kuzma, there's not even one good young player on the roster.

It's a flat out dumpster fire......and now they're talking about bringing in Tryone Lue to the rescue?! Yikes!!
    Im agreeing more and more with the assessment Magic is in over his head.

The Lou Williams deal in 17
    Lonzo draft
    Lebron signed w zero cast
    Walton is good coach; they'd be wise to grab a former GSW to play opposite Lebron and run that offense

I see what he's trying to create, but Magic has no history of creating anything in business

His franchise investments include:

Burger King
    24 hour fitness
    TGI Fridays
    A partnership w Best Buy

He sold his shares in Lakers years before NBA team values skyrocketed

He dumped his Starbucks franchises after they threatened to terminate his contract

Niw he's invested in a diversity promotion company

Everything the guy touches turns to shit

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Falling out of the playoff race

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

if you couldnt say this when they were healthy its silly to say it when core players are injured

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7071

I thought so, and took Phoenix with the points, and a little on the ML when they played the Lakers.. turned out Phoenix was more pathetic than LA.

However, my three Sixers bets last night all hit, which was nice (and rare). But they're so banged up right now.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    if you couldnt say this when they were healthy its silly to say it when core players are injured
    I've been saying it all along.

You were the one who crowed about how Lonzo is an elite shooter. I believe you compared him to Maravich. Lonzo can't even hit a free throw. He's a worse shooter than even Shaq and Wilt were at the stripe. A total bust!

Lakers will not make the playoffs this year. C'mon, man! Take off your blinders.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

Bad bad team right now

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Fade em.. Lakers do suck..

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

I've been saying it all along.

You were the one who crowed about how Lonzo is an elite shooter. I believe you compared him to Maravich. Lonzo can't even hit a free throw. He's a worse shooter than even Shaq and Wilt were at the stripe. A total bust!

Lakers will not make the playoffs this year. C'mon, man! Take off your blinders.
    Im certain I didnt compare him to maravich and he is a really good shooter. huge thing ur missing about the ft's as you guys missed about his shooting and mechanics. he only shoots literally like 1 ft a game. everything I said then was starting to happen with ball but he's injured now so.

Maw011
    Maw011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Fade em.. Lakers do suck..
    Until Lebron comes back this seams like the play. I like their young talent. they should not trade them all away for AD. They would do better haning onto the young core and signing Kyrie and Klay in the off season.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

Harry nation

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Maw011 View Post
    Until Lebron comes back this seams like the play. I like their young talent. they should not trade them all away for AD. They would do better haning onto the young core and signing Kyrie and Klay in the off season.
    Lakers are about to go sub .500 does Lebron really wanna put his body on the line to get the 8th seed and face the mighty GS Warriors at this point?.. They are almost out of the race now and it's probably best they stay that way.. May as well look for ping pong balls in the draft and or look to sign all star studs with trades and draft picks..

Fade em even with Lebron I say from this point forward... Lakers are tanking this season.. I'd be shocked if they make the playoffs this year to be honest.. Same old story..

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

So the Lakers should have signed a bunch of bloated contracts and said screw getting 1 or maybe 2 max level FA in 2019? This team is full of rentals. What do you expect when the best player goes down?

Magic and Rob 100% know what they are doing. This year was an assessment year to see what parts they have that work with LeBron.

Anyways we know you hate the Lakers. You've made it very clear.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Im agreeing more and more with the assessment Magic is in over his head.

The Lou Williams deal in 17
    Lonzo draft
    Lebron signed w zero cast
    Walton is good coach; they'd be wise to grab a former GSW to play opposite Lebron and run that offense

I see what he's trying to create, but Magic has no history of creating anything in business

His franchise investments include:

Burger King
    24 hour fitness
    TGI Fridays
    A partnership w Best Buy

He sold his shares in Lakers years before NBA team values skyrocketed

He dumped his Starbucks franchises after they threatened to terminate his contract

Niw he's invested in a diversity promotion company

Everything the guy touches turns to shit
    he bought into the Dodgers 7 years ago when they cost 2.1 B. They are now worth 3 B and make almost 70M a year net revenue. Terrible businessman.

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Nope they're not. Only reason people were hyped about
    the Lakers was LeBron. Kuzma and McGee looked like two good pieces. Rondo can't score and Ingram is inconsistent. Teams that are beyond pathetic: no.1 Minnesota Timberwolves
    Last edited by JaimeMiro; 01-30-19 at 09:50 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Magic Johnson is a winner in business and with playing the game.. He did catch HIV though banging those tranny's in the shitter at all those pool parties though with out the jimmy on. That's my best guess.

Magic got a little to perverted in life and I believe it cost him.. He's a good man though I believe. Has a gay son that is fruity and no telling what will happen with him in life? Just saying.

The sins of the father are passed down to the son and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.. Can break those family curses though if you give it up to GOD..

Jibs keeping it real.. Just saying.. Call me a fool and I'll understand but I had to break a few family curses myself.. Spiritual talk. Family tree curses are real and they are passed down unfortunately I believe..

Big John Studd
    Big John Studd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10063

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Magic Johnson is a winner in business and with playing the game.. He did catch HIV though banging those tranny's in the shitter at all those pool parties though with out the jimmy on. That's my best guess.

Magic got a little to perverted in life and I believe it cost him.. He's a good man though I believe. Has a gay son that is fruity and no telling what will happen with him in life? Just saying.

The sins of the father are passed down to the son and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.. Can break those family curses though if you give it up to GOD..

Jibs keeping it real.. Just saying.. Call me a fool and I'll understand but I had to break a few family curses myself.. Spiritual talk. Family tree curses are real and they are passed down unfortunately I believe..

You’re ****** in the head mate.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

this post is beyond pathetic. lebron has orchestrated his exact plan. ad and kyrie on the way and lakers will have 3 all nba starters on the team. 2 of the best 5 in the world. gsw can't pay all their players so they will be weaker next year. magic has cleared the cap and put the team in position to sign 3 max superstars. lakers are conceding 2019 chip to warriors. this is not a one year plan lol. they will be the best team in the nba and celtics will be avg losing kyrie and an opportunity at ad. warriors will be without kd or klay. so who will be the lakers competition? denver, lol....

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Big John Studd View Post
    You’re ****** in the head mate.
    Maybe maybe not? I'm 50 years old and seen a lot in life..

Like I said call me fool I'll understand.

I don't post this stuff to look cool or to feel empowered on this forum.. I post it because I believe it.. That's all.. I'm not drunk either tonight..

Let's get back to gambling though.. Not hating on anyone just giving my take on things mate as I see it..

I live in LA and have met Magic years ago.. Runs on the beach sand where I live now from time to time.. Well he did anyways a few years ago last I saw him. I'm sure he does that because he's a big man and to save his knees. Soft beach sand is forgiving.
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-30-19 at 11:26 PM.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I think the Atlanta Hawks are trying to keep that title.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Monty Williams and Tyronn Lue are being told to not take the Lakers’ job because, well, the team is a mess.

Ramona Shelburne of ESPN, appearing on ESPN 710 with Mason & Ireland on Wednesday, said she believes Williams, now serving as an assistant on coach Brett Brown’s staff with the Philadelphia 76ers, is the frontrunner.

“I think Monty’s the favorite, but I don’t know how that interview went last night,” she said. “I haven’t heard from either side and it also is a choice for him. He’s probably in line if Philly opens up. If they lose or if they fall short, he’d be in line to step in there. His kids are settled there, he’s done a lot of moving around, so I could see him stay there.”

Then, there was this:

“And also, everyone in the league has told him not to take the job,” she added.

The night before, Jorge Sedano of ESPN said Lue, the man who guided the LeBron James-led Cleveland Cavaliers to the 2016 NBA championship, said Lue has been given the same advice in regard to the Lakers’ job.

“So I told you earlier, and I mentioned this yesterday, that someone I know that is a mutual friend with Ty Lue, that is a very close friend to Ty Lue, told me, ‘I told Ty, don’t take the Lakers job. This thing is a mess,'” he said.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Magic was smart to jump ship and get his life back. I'd do the same.. Lakers are hopeless.

IBetYou

Lakers will be around/ they're not going anywhere. Sky is falling talk is fun but the reality is James has a lot of basketball left in him and the Warriors are soon to disband.

IBetYou

* a lot: some

35yo next season

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30436

I think James already declined this year.

Next year is his best shot with Warriors disbanding. But after that, I think he needs lots of help

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Ty Lue’s meeting w/ Lakers GM Rob Pelinka today was similar to Monty Williams’ earlier in week: Get to know each other, setting up second interviews focused more on specifics. Lakers plan to bring back both coaches for sit-downs including Jeanie Buss.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

HBO is going full Showtime — as in the Los Angeles Lakers.

The premium cable network is reteaming with Adam McKay (Succession, Vice) for a scripted drama based on author Jeff Pearlman's nonfiction book Showtime: Magic, Kareem, Riley, and the Los Angeles Lakers Dynasty of the 1980s. Max Borenstein (Godzilla, Kong: Skull Island, AMC's The Terror) will pen the script for the project, which has been picked up with a pilot order from HBO. Jim Hecht (Ice Age: The Meltdown) will co-write the story.

Showtime marks the first project for McKay after splitting with longtime producing partner Will Ferrell. McKay and Kevin Messick will executive produce for the former's currently unnamed new company. McKay will also direct the pilot, which is already exploring casting options for actors to take on the roles of former NBA favorites Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and head coach Pat Riley.

Borenstein, Hecht and Jason Shuman will also be credited as EPs on the drama, which HBO describes as a fast-break series chronicling the professional and personal lives of the 1980s Los Angeles Lakers, one of sports’ most revered and dominant dynasties — a team that defined its era, both on and off the court.

"Jeff Pearlman's book and Max Borenstein's script of the story of the Showtime Lakers really knocked me over. Sexism, racism, tragedy, redemption, no-look passes and a giant cultural shift in America... I can’t wait to start filming," McKay said Tuesday in a statement.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

I can't wait for the episode where worthy and magic get caught with hookers