bettingman6
    bettingman6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 986

How to tell who sharps are betting for?

I’m wondering if you can tell this by looking at the % of people who are siding with a team vs the total money that’s on each team.

Look at today’s NBA games. http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/matchups/ In Toronto vs Boston, only 34% of bets are on Toronto, but 58% of the money is. Does that indicate that sharps are placing big bets on Toronto?

Vegasinsider claims that 14% of bets are on Cleveland, but 97% of the money is. However, I strongly suspect that’s a misprint.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Can't tell most people lose bets on SBR over time.. Look for the ones that have been around the longest on SBR and still standing

JJ has been here a long time and is on hot streak right now.. Right Mr. Clean..

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

There is no way to tell and sharps don'r always agree on games and they lose just like everybody else.

bettingman6

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Can't tell most people lose bets on SBR over time.. Look for the ones that have been around the longest on SBR and still standing

JJ has been here a long time and is on hot streak right now.. Right Mr. Clean..

While SBR posters may not be squares, few people on here are legitimate sharps. Most people on SBR make an effort to win at betting, unlike your typical bettor who just bets based on gut feeling and what ESPN says. I still don’t think that very many people on here actually beat the vig long-term.

This website is mostly people who try but fail to make money sports betting. Which is more than can be said for most bettors.

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

one big problem is if someone told you its already too late, they live on tiny margins and by the time you got the information the line would have moved enough to not have any edge left.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29800

Just find one and ask him/her.

bettingman6

Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    one big problem is if someone told you its already too late, they live on tiny margins and by the time you got the information the line would have moved enough to not have any edge left.
    That’s really only true if sharps are betting the same way as the public.

If sharps are betting the opposite of the public, then if anything the line the sharps betted on will become more favorable over time.

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

if a line has room it will be recognized and quickly sharpened

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Impossible to tell there is no such thing as a sharp always remember that

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    There is no way to tell and sharps don'r always agree on games and they lose just like everybody else.
    This^^^ ive never understood why some ppl put so much stock into whos betting what, just make youre picks and go with it who cares if theres more "sharps" or "public" on it, shits still gambling at the end of the day

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by bettingman6 View Post
    While SBR posters may not be squares, few people on here are legitimate sharps. Most people on SBR make an effort to win at betting, unlike your typical bettor who just bets based on gut feeling and what ESPN says. I still don’t think that very many people on here actually beat the vig long-term.

This website is mostly people who try but fail to make money sports betting. Which is more than can be said for most bettors.
    based on that i wouldn't assume this is the best place for your questions. i guess you trust the info but not the capping? you have created a few threads asking questions.