USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Phillies Meeting With Bryce Harper Today in Vegas

The numbers are crazy. 12 years 350 mil He would pack them in at the stadium though.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

You want to spend that kind of money for him..how is he in the lockerroom.

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13684

surprised he is still going to get that kind of money. the down year probably tacked on a few years to that figure...

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

12 years try 10 years 350 million he's wants over 30 mil a year

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Hope he tears his ACL in spring training

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13684

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    12 years try 10 years 350 million he's wants over 30 mil a year
    what you want and what you can get are two different things

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10345

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    You want to spend that kind of money for him..how is he in the lockerroom.
    He is a good kid, raised LDS but I don’t think he practices, no drugs or etoh problems, bangs the same chick since his teens, all his years in DC not once shit talked the manager or teammates.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Losco View Post
    what you want and what you can get are two different things
    somebody will give it to him when u got teams competing, i think phillies want a big name player bad so they will outbid wash

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Looking more and more like Harper to Phillies and machado to white sox

big joe 1212

Fukkin clown is terrible to little kids. Fake throws balls to kids on road games. Guy is a jerkoff

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Looking more and more like Harper to Phillies and machado to white sox
    machado will have to come off his high horse he wants 300 mil and what i've read no team is close to giving him that much

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Saw that philly just hired machado ex strength & conditioning coach (ie where’s the best tacos in the city guy).

Washington offered harper 300 mil & he turned it down. Was a typo on my part as I meant 10 years 350 mil. From a fans perspective the Harper deal makes better sense. Philly fans relate more to the gritty white player

big joe 1212

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Saw that philly just hired machado ex strength & conditioning coach (ie where’s the best tacos in the city guy).

Washington offered harper 300 mil & he turned it down. Was a typo on my part as I meant 10 years 350 mil. From a fans perspective the Harper deal makes better sense. Philly fans relate more to the gritty white player
    All good but Harper is not a gritty kind of guy

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    All good but Harper is not a gritty kind of guy
    Joey when you back in AC? I’m trying to decide if March madness Vegas trip in the works.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

he'll fit in great with the rest of the trailer trash that tries too hard

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Joey when you back in AC? I’m trying to decide if March madness Vegas trip in the works.
    Let me know I might drive up there for a weekend me and the MRS

big joe 1212

I was actually planning my March Vegas trip as we speak. Only problem is my son has state finals for hockey the first weekend of March madness. Might go for the sweet 16

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    Let me know I might drive up there for a weekend me and the MRS
    Sure will man. Always a great trip. I remember 2 years ago pulling up at The Sig at MGM & one of the limo companies dropping off like 30 girls for a pool party. The one chick was like “excuse me sir”. That’s when I knew I was old

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

As a fan you shouldn't want your team to overpay a guy to hit .260 w 80 rbis

Still only 1 good year under his belt

Gonna bury the franchise in debt w mediocre production

big joe 1212

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    As a fan you shouldn't want your team to overpay a guy to hit .260 w 80 rbis

Still only 1 good year under his belt

Gonna bury the franchise in debt w mediocre production
    Signing is good news for Mets fans. Less players Phillies will be able to sign now.

Harper will hit a ton of homers in that little league park but will cripple the franchise in a few years

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

How will he cripple the franchise in debt? Philly has same regional sports network as Yankees do (Comcast). 350 mil a drop in the bucket when new subscribers come on. I’d say their season ticket sales would jump to average 35-40k a game. Think they sold out the park 4 straight years during their last winning run.

Not saying I agree with what Harper wants but it’s the market we live in now

big joe 1212

How will he cripple the franchise in debt? Philly has same regional sports network as Yankees do (Comcast). 350 mil a drop in the bucket when new subscribers come on. I’d say their season ticket sales would jump to average 35-40k a game. Think they sold out the park 4 straight years during their last winning run.

Not saying I agree with what Harper wants but it’s the market we live in now
    I will bookmark this thread for a response in 2024

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

These salaries are out of control in all 3 major sports .
    Daily there's Joe Blow signs with Pirates 2 year 20M ..And even keeping up with MLB, thinking who dafuq is that guy ?
    It comes down to overall return .
    Are they worth it on the field ? 90% is no but once you add in tickets , merchandise , it seems agents are now using it all . Before it was based more of on the field stats with contracts .
    There's ton of NBA players making 10M that isn't worth a shit .
    NFL is right there too .

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Just testing the waters. He won't sign there in that filthy city.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

240 hitter

strikes out 2x a game

go right ahead and ruin franchise

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Just testing the waters. He won't sign there in that filthy city.

Another guy who was beat up at the Vet

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

MLB hot stove: Bryce Harper leaves Phillies' meeting without deal

The Bryce Harper carousel will keep spinning.
    The coveted free-agent outfielder had a meeting with Phillies front office officials in his hometown of Las Vegas on Saturday, but left without signing a contract.
    Harper and his representative, Scott Boras, met with Phillies owner John Middleton, general manager Matt Klentak and manager Gabe Kapler for several hours. Klentak had previously met with Boras during the winter meetings in Las Vegas last month to discuss a potential move, but Harper was not in attendance.
    According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, which cited an unidentified source, the team remains confident they will "end the offseason with either Harper or [Manny] Machado on their roster."
    The Phillies are the third team to unsuccessfully make a run at Harper after he previously met with the White Sox and Dodgers, though reports have suggested Chicago and Philadelphia are the only teams willing to offer the veteran a 10-year deal.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Another guy who was beat up at the Vet
    Lol wasn't even alive when they played on that shit surface. Bud you are in the Suburbs of Philly stop acting hard cuz u are a timeclock punching square.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

bob from usa today seems to think phillies are the front runner for harper

Philadelphia Phillies emerge as clear-cut favorite to land Bryce Harper after meeting

LOS ANGELES - The Philadelphia Phillies, and not the Washington Nationals, have emerged as the clear-cut favorite to sign free-agent outfielder Bryce Harper after meeting with him for five hours Saturday in Las Vegas, three officials told USA TODAY Sports.
    The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because of ongoing negotiations, but the Phillies have become the most aggressive team in their pursuit for Harper while the Nationals’ interest appears to be waning. Nationals executives are now calling a reunion with Harper a “long shot.’’
    The Phillies, who also have interest in signing free-agent infielder Manny Machado, have yet to make an official offer to Harper, but are confident they will sign at least one of the two free-agent megastars. They were strongly encouraged about their chances of signing Harper after meeting with him, his wife and agent Scott Boras in Harper’s hometown. It was their first face-to-face meeting, which included two slide-show presentations by the Phillies. They are expected to make a formal offer within a week.
    The Chicago White Sox and Nationals showed strong interest in Harper early this winter, but the White Sox have yet to make an offer to Harper, and the Nats have not formally engaged with Harper for nearly a month.

Harper turned down a 10-year, $300 million contract proposal that was slightly deferred in September by the Nationals, where he has played his entire career. He met again with owner Ted Lerner on Dec. 22 at his Palm Springs, Calif., home, but there was no inclination that he would take less money or the Nats would raise their offer. Now, that offer might no longer even be available. The Nationals have spent $189 million in free agency this winter, and if they sign Harper, will go over the luxury tax for at least several years.
    Nats officials privately say Harper no longer is in their plans, and unless Lerner changes his mind or Harper accepts a contract that pays him less than $25 million a year, they anticipate life without him.

Really, the only $200 million-plus question for the Phillies is whether they sign Harper or Machado. They are prepared to make the largest offer to each of them.
    Who knows, maybe even both, with the Phillies refusing to rule out the possibility of having the two 26-year-old superstars on one team.
    The White Sox, meanwhile, have focused their attention this past month on Machado, offering him a contract for about $200 million. They also traded for his brother-in-law, Yonder Alonso, and signed his close friend, Jon Jay. Their optimism is also growing, believing that if the Phillies sign Harper, they might be the only true remaining suitor for Machado.

The New York Yankees, who were presumed to be the early favorite for Machado, hosted him last month, but they now have no intention of offering him a mega-contract. They unofficially declared themselves out of the running weeks ago, and on Friday signed infielder D.J. LeMahieu to a two-year, $24 million contract. No other teams have publicly expressed their interest in Machado.
    Certainly, there’s no deadline to sign Harper or Machado, but with one month remaining before spring training, the Phillies and White Sox would love to reach deals as soon as possible to maximize their season-ticket sales.
    No one knows the outcome for sure, but unless there’s a dramatic twist in these negotiations, their ultimate destinations are becoming clearer.
    Harper will be in Philadelphia and Machado will be playing for the White Sox.
    Stay tuned.
    The suspense is nearing a dramatic conclusion.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Hes going to be a Dodger.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

The Phillies are “clear-cut” favorites to sign Harper, USA Today’s Bob Nightengale hears from multiple sources. The Nationals, on the other hand, are fading in the sweepstakes, and team executives are calling it a “long shot” that he’ll re-sign with them. Nightengale reports. Washington isn’t prepared to pay Harper more than $25MM per year, Nightengale suggests. The Phillies, meanwhile, haven’t submitted a formal offer to Harper yet, but that should change during the upcoming week, according to Nightengale.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    The Phillies are “clear-cut” favorites to sign Harper, USA Today’s Bob Nightengale hears from multiple sources. The Nationals, on the other hand, are fading in the sweepstakes, and team executives are calling it a “long shot” that he’ll re-sign with them. Nightengale reports. Washington isn’t prepared to pay Harper more than $25MM per year, Nightengale suggests. The Phillies, meanwhile, haven’t submitted a formal offer to Harper yet, but that should change during the upcoming week, according to Nightengale.
    i don't really trust bob all that much i'm almost certain he wrote an article after the season saying it was a lock harper would go to phillies so i think he's just covering himself

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Not sure what LA can offer. Appears philly prepared for a 10 year deal.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Even if they sign both of those guys, they won't fill that stadium every day. Baseball is a dying sport. Too expensive to go to the games anymore with parking, concessions, ticket prices, etc. Real fans can just watch the games at home, casual fans watch and get bored with all the pitching changes and constant bombardment of your senses by advertisers. The season is so damn long it's almost impossible to hyped for a regualr season game. Empty seats everywhere, if it wasn't for TV money then the league would lose a half dozen teams at least.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Can someone reply in this thread that maybe either them or a family member went to HS w Harper

12 Last
The author of this thread has limited replies to SBR Pros. You must be an SBR Pro to reply to this thread.