KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Why are people picking the Colts?

Just seems like a dead f*ng dog to me and they were the team I rooted for when I thought it was all real.

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

they got a punchers chance, Anytime you got a qb that can play at a high level you see this kind of support. It is easier to root for the big dawg and if it does not happen it wasnt suppose to and if it does youre a genius

CHOICE
    CHOICE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2763

Best o line in the league. They are going to maul the Chiefs defense and control the clock. This is a bad matchup for KC.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    they got a punchers chance, Anytime you got a qb that can play at a high level you see this kind of support. It is easier to root for the big dawg and if it does not happen it wasnt suppose to and if it does youre a genius
    Dog( no pun) people are taking ML. That's a little silly I feel. Colts looked good for one half against a SHIT Texans team and you got Chiefs with world class athletes on both sides of the ball the Colts simply do not have. Sammy Watkins is the kind of reciever that has burning that white and blue secondary since Ive been watching in the early 90's.

danshan11

the calm and cool colts are gonna do what they do and hang around. I dont think anyone knows if that is a cover or not but 5 seems very conservative for a team like the Chiefs who have been ripping through teams like nothing!

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by CHOICE View Post
    Best o line in the league. They are going to maul the Chiefs defense and control the clock. This is a bad matchup for KC.
    I love how every person is saying this. Neither of these teams play in the trenches both are air it out offense this is not Eagles@Bears. Last time these teams met in the post season it was fukkin 45-44 and your talkin about trenches????? Btw that was Alex Smith, guy never ever at any point had half the arm talent Mahomes has right now.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Andy Reid is a liability. Terrible clock management.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chico2663

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

This time of year people want to overthink things. The Colts certainly have a shot, Andrew Luck looks amazing right now and ALL pressure is on the Chiefs. I wouldn’t be shocked if the Colts steal one here, but most likely they’re getting beat by 10+

danshan11

clock management is not a significant factor in a 90-102 basketball score in a football game

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Nothing but respect for what the Colts have been doing, but their run ends tomorrow I think. I like Luck, but the Colts simply don't have enough weapons to keep up with KC. In addition, Colts are a dome team playing in the elements at Arrowhead, which is one of the toughest places to play in the league. I realize history is against Mahomes here, but I think they get it done tomorrow. Then again, I could be completely wrong. But my money will be on KC.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Andy Reid is a liability. Terrible clock management.
    Yea 16-2 all time with a week to prepare what a bum.
    Points Awarded:

fecgp40 gave KiDBaZkiT 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Yea 16-2 all time with a week to prepare what a bum.
    I'm pretty sure he lost last time he faced the Colts in the playoffs due to terrible clock management.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Luck is a hall of
    Famer that’s why

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I'm pretty sure he lost last time he faced the Chiefs in the playoffs due to terrible clock management.
    The score was 45-44. The term clock management hardly applies to ONE OF THE HIGHEST SCORING GAMES IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE!

NONE OF YOU CAN EVEN NAME THE COLTS STARTING RB WITHOUT GOOGLE AND YOUR TALKING CLOCK MANAGEMENT. ALL IM OUT FOR THE NIGHT. BET THE COLTS BURGERS!!!! GOOD..............LUCK

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Kid is right colts don’t have a chance tomorrow

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

The score was 45-44. The term clock management hardly applies to ONE OF THE HIGHEST SCORING GAMES IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE!

NONE OF YOU CAN EVEN NAME THE COLTS STARTING RB WITHOUT GOOGLE AND YOUR TALKING CLOCK MANAGEMENT. ALL IM OUT FOR THE NIGHT. BET THE COLTS BURGERS!!!! GOOD..............LUCK
    He was up by 4 TD's and lost. That's terrible clock management.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Not sure. Lots of Luck love. While he was hated a couple years ago. People looking too much at the stat for first time QBs in the playoffs. Mahomes a different breed, yet getting overlooked by Colts backers.
    Points Awarded:

fecgp40 gave Cuse0323 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

CHOICE
    CHOICE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2763

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Not sure. Lots of Luck love. While he was hated a couple years ago. People looking too much at the stat for first time QBs in the playoffs. Mahomes a different breed, yet getting overlooked by Colts backers.
    Mahomes will light it up.. and the Colts are going to run it down KC throat.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

There getting stomped dude

Cuse0323

They may run it down their throat, but I’ll take the more explosive offense at home. No sweet indoors for Luck tomorrow. Chiefs just have too many weapons.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

I took Chiefs-5.5

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

under the total

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

They hate money

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Weather

Check the weather

flakeandbake
    flakeandbake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4278

Dog( no pun) people are taking ML. That's a little silly I feel. Colts looked good for one half against a SHIT Texans team and you got Chiefs with world class athletes on both sides of the ball the Colts simply do not have. Sammy Watkins is the kind of reciever that has burning that white and blue secondary since Ive been watching in the early 90's.
    I know a square friend on KC money line. Hasn’t stopped talking about it all week. May have thought there was only one game this weekend: Colts vs Chiefs. I keep flipping back and forth but think I’ll land on Colts. Just letting you know that although the media blasts Colts Colts Colts in your ear all week doesn’t necessarily mean that’s what everyone’s on. 1st games of a new playoff series are best avoided unless a crystal clear thesis

flakeandbake

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    I took Chiefs-5.5
    Bingo.. Joe Pubs on Chiefs. Clearly people on both sides this game. Joe Pub on Chiefs. Real sharps on Colts. Media making people second guess it

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    well Cuse..as I mentioned on my picks thread, I took the Colts +5.5...I see a 24 - 20 or 28 - 24 type of game...main reason is the Chiefs defense sucks ass...ranked #31...almost dead last...and only they and the Rams are giving up at least 5+ yds per rush attempt!...Colts O-line has played great this year and have given Andrew Luck plenty of protection and time to throw the ball...they also have a very viable and legit ground attack with Marlon Mack and Nyheim Hines ain't no slouch either...if they can pound the ball and get 4-5 yds per rush, dink and dunk, keep the chains moving, milk the clock, and shorten the game then they will not only cover but have a good chance to win outright...the Colts are very similar to the Chargers ( who beat KC a few weeks ago at Arrowhead)...both are well balanced on both sides of the ball...Chargers are #9 in total defense and #11 in total offense...Colts are #11 in total defense and #7 in total offense...I don't doubt for one second that Pat Mahomes and KC will put points on the board but so will Andrew Luck and the Colts offense...it will be a good game...and a tight one I suspect...that is why I will gladly take Indy (+5.5).
    Last edited by Da Manster!; 01-11-19 at 11:07 PM.

Rambo
    Rambo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1916

Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    clock management is not a significant factor in a 90-102 basketball score in a football game
    4" of snow and a high temp of 33 usually dont make for 90-102 basketball type scores...

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Everyone tries to get real smart the week after all the dogs win/cover

5 is a dead number

my models have the Chiefs winning by more than 7

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I agree. Like to see how Luck performs away from Indy... in an open environment. Houston is a trash football team... coached like sh#$. KC seems to be the well oiled machine here.

flakeandbake

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    well Cuse..as I mentioned on my picks thread, I took the Colts +5.5...I see a 24 - 20 or 28 - 24 type of game...main reason is the Chiefs defense sucks ass...ranked #31...almost dead last...and only they and the Rams are giving up at least 5+ yds per rush attempt!...Colts O-line has played great this year and have given Andrew Luck plenty of protection and time to throw the ball...they also have a very viable and legit ground attack with Marlon Mack and Nyheim Hines ain't no slouch either...if they can pound the ball and get 4-5 yds per rush, dink and dunk, keep the chains moving, milk the clock, and shorten the game then they will not only cover but have a good chance to win outright...the Colts are very similar to the Chargers ( who beat KC a few weeks ago at Arrowhead)...both are well balanced on both sides of the ball...Chargers are #9 in total defense and #11 in total offense...Colts are #11 in total defense and #7 in total offense...I don't doubt for one second that Pat Mahomes and KC will put points on the board but so will Andrew Luck and the Colts offense...it will be a good game...and a tight one I suspect...that is why I will gladly take Indy (+5.5).
    What were your picks last weekend? I agree here but trying to get a read

flakeandbake

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post

5 is a dead number

What do you believe is driving the 1.5 - 2 pt line difference in your model vs the book?

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

Quote Originally Posted by flakeandbake View Post
    What were your picks last weekend? I agree here but trying to get a read
    went 4 - 0...had Philly (+6.5), Indy (+2), Chargers (+3), and Clemson (+6)...all plays are posted in my picks thread.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post

5 is a dead number

Yep. I like to keep it simple with my nonbetting ass. Pats at home, check. Saints at home, check. Rams fell off late, and the Cowboys were hot. Not much home field advantage and didn’t look great in the Playoffs last year. Cowboys, optimistic check. Trying not to overvalue the win last week.

And KC explosive offense with the MVP at home, check.

Texans were trash. Baltimore was trash. Think people are especially overvaluing the Colts, and Chargers after last week. I read somewhere that the Chargers D figured out the stance of a Baltimore OLinemen to know if it was a pass or run. Huge advantage, and they were definitely blowing up the backfield. Not happening this week.

People looking hard at two things in this game. The Colts OLine, and it being Mahomes first playoff game. No insight on those things except that I think Mahomes will be just fine.

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

mack o/u 75 rushing yards prop. vegas thinks the colts will run it. snow?

might look at the under

12 Last