thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colts at Chiefs - Pick

I think the value is with KC at -5. The Chiefs struggles at the end of the year, but Ware and Hill will be healthy now, and Watkins might be back. This is the Colts 3rd straight road game and they've played must win games the last 2 games. Both teams have good offenses but the Chief offense has big plays, the colts rarely throw deep, Chiefs basically have been resting the last 3 weeks since thei final game was a joke.Colts run defense is strong but the secondary has holes and they play a lot of zone which KC has ha success against. Colts offense on grass isn't as strong and Chiefs defense can rush the passer.

DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7935

Not sure the Colts not throwing deep is an accurate statement.

Is that by design or because of the pass defense?

I thought Luck could throw all the bombs he wants to and he is pretty successful with them. No?

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    Not sure the Colts not throwing deep is an accurate statement.

Is that by design or because of the pass defense?

I thought Luck could throw all the bombs he wants to and he is pretty successful with them. No?
    The Colts offense this year hasn't thrown deep much, I think the main reason is they don't want Luck taking a lot of hits, there is no reason to think Luck can't throw deep, that just hasn't been athe offense this year.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    The Colts offense this year hasn't thrown deep much, I think the main reason is they don't want Luck taking a lot of hits, there is no reason to think Luck can't throw deep, that just hasn't been athe offense this year.
    I am just curious though. Are you betting your picks? If so, then how much are you betting on them?

If you answer me, then I will tell you why I asked and it's not what you think.

thomorino

I am just curious though. Are you betting your picks? If so, then how much are you betting on them?

If you answer me, then I will tell you why I asked and it's not what you think.
    Fuk off

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Fuk off
    I ask you a serious question and that's how you come back?

My question was serious and I would like to know your answer so I can decide whether to bother reading your posts going forward or not.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

Nice writeup morino. Some good points brought up, especially about the consecutive road and survival games the Colts have played. My gut tells me that this is a potential Colts ML game though. Kansas City choked last year to the Titans with a veteran (though limited compared to Mahommes) quarterback under center. I think the Chiefs moved back to the pack a little after losing Kareem Hunt. As I've seen stats on TV, the first playoff game for a quarterback seems to be the hardest, especially in your first full year. I think there is a great future for the Chiefs, but the Colts are somewhat a team of destiny this year. Could change my mind, but right now I'm saying Colts 35-31.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Colts ML... Beefarino... you're a fukin hamburger of the highest order

Colts going to run the ball and neutralize KC's offense by keeping them off the field

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Nice writeup morino. Some good points brought up, especially about the consecutive road and survival games the Colts have played. My gut tells me that this is a potential Colts ML game though. Kansas City choked last year to the Titans with a veteran (though limited compared to Mahommes) quarterback under center. I think the Chiefs moved back to the pack a little after losing Kareem Hunt. As I've seen stats on TV, the first playoff game for a quarterback seems to be the hardest, especially in your first full year. I think there is a great future for the Chiefs, but the Colts are somewhat a team of destiny this year. Could change my mind, but right now I'm saying Colts 35-31.
    I think the Chiefs choke jobs, most coming at home, are creating value. The offense did take a step back when Hunt was released, but that was around the same time Hill slowed down with injuries and Watkins went out, I think the Chiefs are being overlooked.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

You seem to have quite a bit of information on everything.

What's the status of Eric Berry? I looked for it but nothing was conclusive if he's playing or not. If he's healthy and playing along with the other starters like their RB and WR, then I don't know if I can bet against KAS albeit the Colts have fared pretty good under Luck in the playoffs.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Have you seen TY Hilton’s routes or...

Apparently not

Now go fukk off

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    Colts ML... Beefarino... you're a fukin hamburger of the highest order

Colts going to run the ball and neutralize KC's offense by keeping them off the field
    Fuk off

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    Have you seen TY Hilton’s routes or...

Apparently not

Now go fukk off
    Fuk off

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

I ask you a serious question and that's how you come back?

My question was serious and I would like to know your answer so I can decide whether to bother reading your posts going forward or not.
    Are you going to answer me or not instead of just saying fo.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

You seem to have quite a bit of information on everything.

What's the status of Eric Berry? I looked for it but nothing was conclusive if he's playing or not. If he's healthy and playing along with the other starters like their RB and WR, then I don't know if I can bet against KAS albeit the Colts have fared pretty good under Luck in the playoffs.
    Nothing official with him, but he did return to practice today which is a good sign.

thomorino

Nothing official with him, but he did return to practice today which is a good sign.
    Watkins is much more important than Berry who hasn't played much all year.

thomorino

Not that I care, Luck has completed just 7 passes all year for more than 40 yards, it's not a big play offense.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

That's good to hear if you are backing the Chiefs.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Are you going to answer me or not instead of just saying fo.
    Since you are avoiding to answer my question, I will tell you why I asked.

You see, the way I see it, the ones who cap the games without real money involved see the games more fairly.

Whenever your money is involved, in my case thousands, it's hard to be unbiased.

If you are just capping games without too much money involved or no money bet at all, then you probably make more unbiased reviews on the teams and I would be more inclined to follow you.

thomorino

There's no question the chiefs offense slowed when Hunt was released but chiefs lost Watkins and Hill slowed down with injuries at the same time, Ware got hurt too. Hill and Ware should be healthy And Watkins and Berry both returned to practice.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

How does this game stay under ? They will both score 30 plus -

thomorino

Hunt was a very good running back, but Chiefs offense would make any running back look good, Chiefs should also get a key offensive linemen back too, David

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Didn't you hear what Frank Reich said?

He said you HAVE TO RUN THE BALL to win in the playoffs. He is doing whatever he can to run the ball.

Not only does that keep more time for your offense if you can gain yardages, which then gives your defense the rest, and lastly keep the other team's offense off the field.

He is a very WISE head coach even though he fuked me out of thousands in winnings.

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7049

I really wouldn't put much stock in Berry playing, if you're wavering.

He was supposedly being "eased back".... he played vs SD (over 100 team rushing yards with a third string RB), and they totally blew it, letting up 29. The next week vs Seattle, Seahawks put up over 200 rushing yards and KC let up 38 points. Berry sat week 17, and the Chiefs let up 100 to Doug Martin, but blew out Oakland.

If you believe in KC, put your faith in outscoring people, not stopping them.

thomorino

The colts game will be to run the ball and slow the game down, Id lean over since I don't see the colts pass defense as very good but Colts aren't a big play offense.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by magpie878 View Post

He was supposedly being "eased back".... he played vs SD (over 100 team rushing yards with a third string RB), and they totally blew it, letting up 29. The next week vs Seattle, Seahawks put up over 200 rushing yards and KC let up 38 points. Berry sat week 17, and the Chiefs let up 100 to Doug Martin, but blew out Oakland.

Agree he hasn't looked great even when playing, I thin Watkins is more important.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Didn't you hear what Frank Reich said?

He said you HAVE TO RUN THE BALL to win in the playoffs. He is doing whatever he can to run the ball.

Not only does that keep more time for your offense if you can gain yardages, which then gives your defense the rest, and lastly keep the other team's offense off the field.

He is a very WISE head coach even though he fuked me out of thousands in winnings.
    Colts o-line is dominating- I’m sure luck will have 3-4 touchdowns - come on? Since when is a coach- telling the other team his game plan- they will have a well balance attack

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by magpie878 View Post

The chiefs run defense looked better against Oakland, Oakland couldn't move the ball and Chiefs changed defensive formations, they made a lot ofadjustment coming into this game.

thomorino

Colts o-line is dominating- I’m sure luck will have 3-4 touchdowns - come on? Since when is a coach- telling the other team his game plan- they will have a well balance attack
    Colts oline is good but they won't be able to hear anything at KC, and colts aren't a big play offense, chiefs will focus on the run.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Frank didn't tell the other team. It was his speech in the locker room after a win.

SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Andrew Luck's first ever playoff win came against the Kansas City Chiefs five years ago in a crazy Indianapolis Colts comeback that included Luck recovering a fumble and diving into the end zone for a touchdown.

The Colts head to KC this week with a perfect 4-0 record against the Chiefs in the playoffs. History may not matter in Saturday’s matchup (4:35 p.m. on WTHR), but the past certainly favors the Colts.

The Colts first playoff win against the Chiefs came in Kansas City on January 7, 1996 in the season of "Captain Comeback," Colts quarterback Jim Harbaugh. With a temperature of 11 degrees and a wind chill of -9, Harbaugh connected with Floyd Turner for the Colts only touchdown in a 10-7 divisional round win.

The Colts returned to Arrowhead Stadium on January 11, 2004 for another divisional round victory. Peyton Manning threw for 304 yards and three touchdowns.Edgerrin James ran for 125 yards and two touchdowns. Neither team punted in a 38-31 shootout.

The Chiefs came to the RCA Dome for a wildcard game on January 6, 2007. The Colts defense had struggled against the run most of the regular season, but held Larry Johnson (second in the NFL in rushing that season with 1,789 yards) to just 32 yards. The Colts did not allow the Chiefs a first down until late in the third quarter.

Andrew Luck's first playoff game at Lucas Oil Stadium was a wild Wild Card matchup with the Chiefs on January 4, 2014. The Colts trailed by 28 points early in the third quarter. But Luck threw for 443 yards and four touchdowns. As Luck would have it, he even recovered a ricochet fumble for a touchdown. Donald Brown fumbled near the goal line, the ball bounced off the helmet of center Samson Satele into the arms of Luck. The Colts quarterback dove across the goal line to cut the Chiefs' lead to 41-38 with over 10 minutes left. Luck found T.Y. Hilton deep down the middle for a 64-yard game winning touchdown pass with 4:21 to go.

SBR Drew

The Chiefs had NFL's second-worst passing defense in 2018, the Colts have Andrew Luck The Chiefs gave up 5.0 yards per carry this year (second-worst in the NFL), the Colts have a running back who averages 4.7 yards per carry and a quarterback who can scramble. The Chiefs tied for the league-lead in sacks with 52, the Colts never let Andrew Luck get sacked (He was sacked a league-low 18 times).

The problem for Mahomes is that when quarterbacks struggle in the playoffs it usually comes in their first start. Three quarterbacks made their first playoff start this year and they all lost Watson, Trubisky, Jackson, which definitely isn't good news for Mahomes.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Indy's recent playoff history with the odds at the time.

2015 WC

Cin 10
    IND-4-3.5-3.5 26

2015 DIV

Ind 24
    DEN-7-9-9.5 13

2014 WC

Kas+2.5-1.5-2.5 44
    IND-2.5+1.5+2.5 45

2014 DIV

Ind 22
    NEW-7-7-7 43

2013 WC

Ind 9
    BAL-6.5-7-7.5 24

2011 does not count as Luck wasn't on the team then.
    2011 WC

Nyj 17
    IND-3-2.5-2 16

SBR Drew

The Chiefs haven’t won a home playoff game in more than two decades. Does that change Saturday in the Divisional Round vs. the Colts on Saturday?

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Drew View Post
    The Chiefs had NFL's second-worst passing defense in 2018, the Colts have Andrew Luck The Chiefs gave up 5.0 yards per carry this year (second-worst in the NFL), the Colts have a running back who averages 4.7 yards per carry and a quarterback who can scramble. The Chiefs tied for the league-lead in sacks with 52, the Colts never let Andrew Luck get sacked (He was sacked a league-low 18 times).

The problem for Mahomes is that when quarterbacks struggle in the playoffs it usually comes in their first start. Three quarterbacks made their first playoff start this year and they all lost Watson, Trubisky, Jackson, which definitely isn't good news for Mahomes.
    Drew I think the difference here is Mahomes played huge game on primetime all year against Pat's, chargers Broncos, he played great in those games too. Chiefs defense had issues but was better at home and gave up a lot of yards in garbage time.

1234 Last