sam9ball
    Update Status
    sam9ball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2353

Sports gambling set to expand across the country

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/video/...211959159.html

At least 20 states will look to legalize sports betting in the new year. Yahoo Finance's Julie Hyman, Adam Shapiro, Brian Sozzi and Richard Auxier of the Urban Institute discuss.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Good. Hopefully slow paying shitty priced offshore goes outta business in the US. Feel so bad for all of you that have to place all of your bets online.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

It’s already here! I’m full mast! (That means “erect” for you young guys.)

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Good. Hopefully slow paying shitty priced offshore goes outta business in the US. Feel so bad for all of you that have to place all of your bets online.
    they wont ever go outta business with 100x the options and better odds and no taxes...not to mention too many bonus whores in U.S. lol

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    they wont ever go outta business with 100x the options and better odds and no taxes...not to mention too many bonus whores in U.S. lol
    Tf are u talking about taxes? U have any idea how much u have to win in vegas before u have to pay taxes? Sick of hearing about offshores options. I don't need to be able to bet on cricket at 4 a.m. or have access to 150 props that are capped at 250$ max that the winning side is -170. I have all the options for my needs and more at Nevada books. And how dare u say better odds? How dare you !! Offshore lays -115 to -135 ats on the regular.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

I would NEVER stop playing offshore. Offerings always better

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Tf are u talking about taxes? U have any idea how much u have to win in vegas before u have to pay taxes? Sick of hearing about offshores options. I don't need to be able to bet on cricket at 4 a.m. or have access to 150 props that are capped at 250$ max that the winning side is -170. I have all the options for my needs and more at Nevada books. And how dare u say better odds? How dare you !! Offshore lays -115 to -135 ats on the regular.
    Thats great u don't need certain options but i do for my sport. And not prop bets or cricket. Lol

I would have lost 20% of my profits had i bet with shit vegas odds last season alone. And thats prob on the light side. So yes odds are way better for me compared to vegas or any other state. And its not even close
    Last edited by 5mike5; 01-08-19 at 01:33 PM.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

is florida on list

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Thats great u don't but most do

I would have lost 20% of my profits had i bet with shit vegas odds last season alone. And thats prob on the light side. So yes odds are shit for me compared to vegas or any other state. And its not even close
    You are completely ignoring the fact offshore charges juice on pointspreads. Go look up any NFL sunday. -115 and -120 out the ass. Never paid more than -110 on Nevada without buying a hook. That extra 5-10% on every game would cost me a lot more than 20% over a season.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Im betting nascar winners mostly and some matchups only. Different aninal than betting sides in nfl baskets ect. Just making the point offshore caters to that vegas just doesnt come close to. They literally take westgate odds and add 10-20% on top of them. That's why for me states wont ever offer odds i need and can get offshore
    Last edited by 5mike5; 01-08-19 at 01:41 PM.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Thats great u don't need certain options but i do for my sport. And not prop bets or cricket. Lol

I would have lost 20% of my profits had i bet with shit vegas odds last season alone. And thats prob on the light side. So yes odds are way better for me compared to vegas or any other state. And its not even close
    Get slow payed and tell me how wonderful offshore is. I am so terrifed to run an offshore account up more than 2500$ cuz that is when all the bs starts. Been fukked with countless occasions by costa ricans. Wish it wasnt true man. You think i dont want to sit on my couch and take bong hits and cap the games? Do everything electronically not have to drive somewhere? The your wrong. I do want that. Offshore proved to me on dozens of occasions they do not provide that luxury for winners and really love getting under your skin when they know u cant do SHIT about it.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    I would NEVER stop playing offshore. Offerings always better
    You are banned at 90% off shore for charge backs

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by sam9ball View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/video/...211959159.html

At least 20 states will look to legalize sports betting in the new year. Yahoo Finance's Julie Hyman, Adam Shapiro, Brian Sozzi and Richard Auxier of the Urban Institute discuss.
    Many of us in the Forum were figuring that we would see more activity here after those midterm elections.

Maybe we were right.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

5Mike5 what is your avg Nascar bet size if u dont mind me asking?

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

5Mike5 what is your avg Nascar bet size if u dont mind me asking?
    Just depends i have no set size. Really dont like saying on forums to be honest. But if im getting around 20% more money offshore on my winnings it really doesnt matter does it?

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

...I would have lost 20% of my profits had i bet with shit vegas odds last season alone. And thats prob on the light side. So yes odds are way better for me compared to vegas or any other state. And its not even close

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Get slow payed and tell me how wonderful offshore is. I am so terrifed to run an offshore account up more than 2500$ cuz that is when all the bs starts. Been fukked with countless occasions by costa ricans. Wish it wasnt true man. You think i dont want to sit on my couch and take bong hits and cap the games? Do everything electronically not have to drive somewhere? The your wrong. I do want that. Offshore proved to me on dozens of occasions they do not provide that luxury for winners and really love getting under your skin when they know u cant do SHIT about it.
    I only play at top books. And ive never taken a bonus or used c.c. at books..which helps with no slow pays imo... So i've never really been slow payed offshore in 15 yrs or whatever i've been doing it..Sure plenty have and i've been lucky a few times i got out early

And ur right bong hits while doing my capping is a major help!
    Last edited by 5mike5; 01-08-19 at 01:59 PM.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

To each is own. Unless US books get a helluva lot better it would make 0 sense for me. But playing offshore makes 0 sense to some too. Just diff circumstances. 99% of my bets are on nascar

DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7935

To each is own. Unless US books get a helluva lot better it would make 0 sense for me. But playing offshore makes 0 sense to some too. Just diff circumstances. 99% of my bets are on nascar
    For one thing, when SugarHouse starts allowing deposit/withdrawl using bank accounts, there is no fee involved and it's supposed to be almost immediate.

Doesn't everyone lose something when getting paid via bitcoins? Every dollar matters.

My bank draft withdrawl from Bovada.lv took 1 freaking month.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    For one thing, when SugarHouse starts allowing deposit/withdrawl using bank accounts, there is no fee involved and it's supposed to be almost immediate.

Doesn't everyone lose something when getting paid via bitcoins? Every dollar matters.

My bank draft withdrawl from Bovada.lv took 1 freaking month.
    yes that is true about btc...think i only made a few bucks from BOL via btc once somehow but usually u lose a few bucks, least in my cases but never more than that...

plus im in TN and theres about no chance they will legalize it anytime soon

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Besides, there is something different about betting with a clerk as to betting on-line. I just seem to make better decisions when betting with a clerk for whatever the reason. When you are holding a wad of $100 bills making a bet, it's somehow different than just clicking on-line.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

plus im currently in TN and they more than likely would be 1 of the last states

and agree notjing like cashing a ticket at the counter..i just dont have that option and still wouldnt unless states catch up to odds on my sport or even come close
    Last edited by 5mike5; 01-08-19 at 02:08 PM.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

plus im currently in TN and they more than likely would be 1 of the last states
    You know, a while while back, there was this one guy who was a car salesman from another state who was like the only documented sports bettor to not have lost but won so much every year that he filed his fed income tax with his occupation as sports bettor and paid taxes.

I highly doubt if anyone else in this world paid taxes on his sports gambling winnings.

He moved to Tennessee because where he was from originally, the local ordinance was going to fine him for betting too much and they were going to tax him too. I found the news on the internet and I wanted to track down his where about and find the secret to his success. It was over 15 years ago.

Does any of this ring a bell to you?

Someone posted on the blog back then to the affect that the guy was betting to middle all the time guaranteeing a profit, but I see a flaw with that logic as #1, how in the world do you know ahead that the line would move enough to get the middle. #2, juice in the long run may cause enough losses that it's not really profitable.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

the above is the greatest reason to hope/wish your state takes over gambling. safe, regulated and you know that if you want to toss a few hundred into a poker machine (if available) at least you have a chance of winning if you can play perfect or near perfect poker. I will pay the tax gladly, knowing when I look to get paid I will find it in my checking account in 24 hours or less. No BS, no lies no crap.

and eventually, these state-run shops will compete favorably with offshore. They more than likely will have fairer odds, maybe even better vigs on gimmicks (but that is no guarantee). but grant yourself this fact, it will be legal, it will be fairer, you won't get fcked and every problem will be answered fairly. you won't get jerked off.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    the above is the greatest reason to hope/wish your state takes over gambling. safe, regulated and you know that if you want to toss a few hundred into a poker machine (if available) at least you have a chance of winning if you can play perfect or near perfect poker. I will pay the tax gladly, knowing when I look to get paid I will find it in my checking account in 24 hours or less. No BS, no lies no crap.

and eventually, these state-run shops will compete favorably with offshore. They more than likely will have fairer odds, maybe even better vigs on gimmicks (but that is no guarantee). but grant yourself this fact, it will be legal, it will be fairer, you won't get fcked and every problem will be answered fairly. you won't get jerked off.
    SugarHouse had Clemson +5+105 two days before the kick off. You can't get any fairer than that with the juice.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3026

I'll keep using the offshore guys. An app with online or phone access for placing wagers would be a must for me to consider a switch if nothing else changed with offshore.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Is NC on the list? Were so fcking backwater here I would be surprised if we ever allow it.Fingers crossed!

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Offshore won't be going anywhere.

However, with serious competition now, they will need to get back to the good old days in offering outstanding bonuses and other perks they used to pride themselves in.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3026

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Offshore won't be going anywhere.

However, with serious competition now, they will need to get back to the good old days in offering outstanding bonuses and other perks they used to pride themselves in.
    That's exactly what I'm hoping for, the competition will be great.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It’s really going to hurt Las Vegas that’s the main one

SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2923

JJ will you consider opening a syndicate with all the extra outs that will be available nationwide?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No Slick
    No cash

Might be a runner

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

The reason we should all hope for sports gambling to be legalized in more states is more square money.