Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Josh McDaniels Staying With The Patriots......Again

Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels says he will no longer pursue head coaching jobs this offseason and will remain with the Patriots “moving forward” (Twitter links via Doug Kyed of NESN). Frankly, McDaniels has little choice in the matter – the Packers were the only team to interview him in this cycle and he rejected overtures from the Bengals. None of the other clubs with vacancies requested an interview with the Pats OC.

McDaniels also added that he had “no contact” with the Browns. At one point in time, McDaniels was linked to Cleveland because of his offensive acumen and potential to guide young star quarterback Baker Mayfield, but the Browns never went down that road for one reason or another.

Ultimately, McDaniels appears to have been undone by last offseason’s flip-flop with the Colts. The OC did not feel that the saga “burned” him from future head coaching jobs, but one can’t help but wonder if teams are wary of getting involved with him at this juncture. Next year could be a different story, but this year, teams did not appear willing to trust the 42-year-old.

On the plus side, McDaniels can now focus on the biggest task at hand. The Patriots square off against the Chargers on Sunday in the Divisional Round.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

He is a no one. He failed once. No one from the bill tree wins anywhere else.

SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    He is a no one. He failed once. No one from the bill tree wins anywhere else.

BIGF23
    BIGF23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

He will takeover Ne real soon. The Bill era will come to an end sooner then later

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

he will take over an old team with no qb once hoodie and goat retire pats going to be real bad

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I often wonder what I would choose as my one wish if I were to be granted one by our Dearest Brother Jesus of Nazareth.....

Would I cure cancer?
    Would I end famine?

I honestly think I would wish that when Bill retires, the Pats simply and quietly just let Mcdaniels go.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Ok , is he given the keys once Billy Boy is gone and already told . I mean Bill is leaving sooner rather than later .
    Or is he paid under the table because he knows too much on the Pats inside ?
    It's kind of weird he continues to turn down interviews and offers for being a Head Coach which I'm sure is his ultimate goal .

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Robert Kraft (worth around 6 Billion) likes the kid... would not be surprised if Josh is getting extra $$$

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    he will take over an old team with no qb once hoodie and goat retire pats going to be real bad
    yes they are going to be awfully old and with no brady. 3-13 bad and soon.............cincy has some really good young players and dalton/green are both only 29. he should go there, good job

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ing-colts-mess

His agent last year said he was committing professional suicide.

No team was going to hire him as a head coach this year so he didn’t have a choice.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Belichick going to retire after chargers win this weekend.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Guy is overrated - coherd calls him lane kiffin- he calls sophisticated plays as a OC- doesn’t mean he can be good HC-

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    hmmm

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by KingKolzig View Post
    yes they are going to be awfully old and with no brady. 3-13 bad and soon.............cincy has some really good young players and dalton/green are both only 29. he should go there, good job
    Andy Dalton sucks.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    Wow? He’s going Probly take over the worst team in football with no QB- tommy boy is close to done also - could of pick the Colts with a young stud QB last year

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    exactly

that division is wide open

buffalo might be the place to be

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19428

Another good no decision by McDaniels

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Wow? He’s going Probly take over the worst team in football with no QB- tommy boy is close to done also - could of pick the Colts with a young stud QB last year
    they'll be awful and draft Trevor Lawrence like the scam gods they are.. #trusttheprocess

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

I don't think Josh will go anywhere soon for a number of reasons. The Krafts absolutely love his work and dedication, they gave him a major raise last year, making him probably the highest paid OC in the league. The Krafts also know that stability is paramount in this league and many in Foxboro believe that he is the coach in waiting when Bill decides to retire. Bob Kraft has had a great run with Bill and Tom, I suspect his son Johnathan would like to have a similar run when his Dad kind of steps down. Brady still wants to play a couple of more years which gives them some time to look for a replacement so there is no sense of urgency to move on. Word up there is that his wife and kids love the area and before you know it, they'll be looking at Colleges and Boston has it's fair share top rated schools. I think you'll see Josh there for many years to come. I also think with Belichicks 2 sons on the payroll in NE as young coaches, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him in some sort of GM/Scouting roll for NE once he decides he's had enough of the sideline hours. After all, the guy is a workaholic and football has been his whole life. Bill will become the new Ernie Adams!!! Just my .02 on it