Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

ESPN Goes Politically Correct Again With Apology

ESPN has apologized after playing the song "Dixie" to accompany a Civil War-themed Andrew Luck graphic during the Colts game on Saturday.

The network issued an apology on Sunday to Sporting News and said it did not originally plan to play the song when it first produced and approved the graphic. A staffer added the song last minute in the production truck and ESPN has addressed the issue with the employee, according to Sporting News.

"It was a mistake to use this song. We regret having done so and we apologize," ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz told Sporting News in a statement.

The graphic aired during Saturday's broadcast of the AFC Wild Card game between the Colts and Texans. It depicted Luck as a Union general being protected by both Union and Confederate soldiers. Many viewers called out ESPN on Twitter for the graphic's racial insensitivity.

The graphic was still on ESPN's NFL account on Twitter by the time of publication on Sunday. It was based on the parody Twitter account @CaptAndrewLuck, which pretends Luck is a Civil War officer writing letters to his mother. The account has over 450,000 followers.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/1...il-war-graphic

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

I'm surprised the butthurt people don't demand the parody account shut down.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

I knew that was going to be a problem.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    ESPN has apologized after playing the song "Dixie" to accompany a Civil War-themed Andrew Luck graphic during the Colts game on Saturday.

The network issued an apology on Sunday to Sporting News and said it did not originally plan to play the song when it first produced and approved the graphic. A staffer added the song last minute in the production truck and ESPN has addressed the issue with the employee, according to Sporting News.

"It was a mistake to use this song. We regret having done so and we apologize," ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz told Sporting News in a statement.

The graphic aired during Saturday's broadcast of the AFC Wild Card game between the Colts and Texans. It depicted Luck as a Union general being protected by both Union and Confederate soldiers. Many viewers called out ESPN on Twitter for the graphic's racial insensitivity.

The graphic was still on ESPN's NFL account on Twitter by the time of publication on Sunday. It was based on the parody Twitter account @CaptAndrewLuck, which pretends Luck is a Civil War officer writing letters to his mother. The account has over 450,000 followers.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/1...il-war-graphic
    fukk ESPN for the apology

pussies everywhere

go eat some tide pods or jump out of your moving car and start dancing you dumbfukks

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lol

Pussies

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

What a bunch of no-life losers. Gawd, who complains about that. I was eating dinner out with my family and watching the game. I swear people are purposely trying to not enjoy life.

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

They should apologize for putting the shows they do on tv..those are god awful

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Where do I file my complaint about all their FORMER CRACK DEALING artists they support? They prob had Texans ML.