pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Janikowski is going to cause the Cowboys bettors the cover

If I cash this Seahawks +2.5 I will be very happy.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Well I won on over 43.5
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave lakerboy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Well I won on over 43.5
    Over was a miracle. A total miracle. I’ll take it though

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Well I won on over 43.5
    You didn't need the 2 point conversion.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Congrats lol. Had +2 . I'll take push

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

I’ll take it

vinnykal2323
    vinnykal2323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

i had seahawks +3 its hard to believe that they didnt have a backup who could kick extra points in case they were put in that position

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by vinnykal2323 View Post
    i had seahawks +3 its hard to believe that they didnt have a backup who could kick extra points in case they were put in that position
    I think the problem is the timing. If you're too late it will get blocked. If you kick too fast you will miss because the holder won't be ready. It's not the same as kicking from a tee.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

What a crock of god forsaken horseshit. Had -2 and feels like I lost

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    What a crock of god forsaken horseshit. Had -2 and feels like I lost
    I got burned before like that. What I do is find a couple of hoops -1500 ML's and parlay them with the Cowboys ML in your case so I won't pay juice. It's risky but it works 90% of the time.

vinnykal2323
    vinnykal2323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I think the problem is the timing. If you're too late it will get blocked. If you kick too fast you will miss because the holder won't be ready. It's not the same as kicking from a tee.
    can you imagine if they get the onside kick then get to the 20 yard line with a few seconds left and have to go for a touchdown cause they dont have a backup kicker to kick a 35 yarder?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Oh shit had -2 in contests but -1.5 in the book. Thought I had -2 everywhere. Sweet victory...mostly

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Janikowski pulled a ham hock, fat bastich.....lol

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10316

What a mess it ended up being for them

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Quote Originally Posted by vinnykal2323 View Post
    Especially when said place kicker is like 1000 years old.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Oh shit had -2 in contests but -1.5 in the book. Thought I had -2 everywhere. Sweet victory...mostly
    -2 was everywhere early.

peacebyinches
    pull the trigger
    peacebyinches's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7802

Like some others above Had the over (which was a miracle so I’ll take it) parlayed with -2 Dallas... which was disappointing. Whywhyhwy did janikowski get hurt and force them to go for 2

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

fat ass couldn't stretch pregame. He looks like he gained 20 lbs over the holidays.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    fat ass couldn't stretch pregame. He looks like he gained 20 lbs over the holidays.
    I can't believe Seattle took him this year

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

I didn't get the logic in going for 2 (I had over 43 so the 2-Pt was meaningless to me, but I'll take the miracle).

Why not test out your backup, see if he can hit it. If he makes it, you know it's plausible you can go for a FG to tie the game if you're down to 5 seconds and still short. If he misses, you need the TD anyway. Might as well find out if he can do it then so you know your options assuming you got the onside (which was a moot point shortly after).

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9578

I didn't understand why the punter didn't kick the ball off the tee? I mean, lots of punters do the kickoffs. He drop kicks one, giving Dallas great field position, and then that awful onside kick? I mean put the ball on the tee and dribble it, maybe Dallas panics and makes a mistake.

Seattle's coaching was atrocious, they should have let Wilson take over the game in the second half when the run game clearly was not working.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    I didn't get the logic in going for 2 (I had over 43 so the 2-Pt was meaningless to me, but I'll take the miracle).

Why not test out your backup, see if he can hit it. If he makes it, you know it's plausible you can go for a FG to tie the game if you're down to 5 seconds and still short. If he misses, you need the TD anyway. Might as well find out if he can do it then so you know your options assuming you got the onside (which was a moot point shortly after).

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    I didn't understand why the punter didn't kick the ball off the tee? I mean, lots of punters do the kickoffs. He drop kicks one, giving Dallas great field position, and then that awful onside kick? I mean put the ball on the tee and dribble it, maybe Dallas panics and makes a mistake.

Seattle's coaching was atrocious, they should have let Wilson take over the game in the second half when the run game clearly was not working.
    The only justification I could see with doing it for the onside onside is the hope by drop kicking it (assuming he meant to kick it short also), he can get the ball high in the air long enough so it essentially becomes a jump ball. However, when you kick it 30 yards down the field instead of 10-15, you're not giving your teammates a chance.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19551

That wouldn't work; the receiving team can call for a fair catch on a kickoff.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Anyone knows the history of the onside kick? When it was first introduced in football? Did they try anything else before the onside kick or did someone came up with the onside kick and no one even dared to come up with a different idea.

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13684

what ever happened to punter practicing field goals, and kickers practicing punting...?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Losco View Post
    what ever happened to punter practicing field goals, and kickers practicing punting...?
    The punter is Aussie. They don't kick field goals in Australia. If they had Ndamukong Suh he could have kicked FG's. You really need to have played competitive soccer to know how to kick a football. If you can kick corner kicks and free kicks in soccer you can make field goals.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 01-06-19 at 11:45 AM.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19213

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post

I see your point but I think they knew he had no shot on a field goal - too slow - would get blocked?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Anyone knows the history of the onside kick? When it was first introduced in football? Did they try anything else before the onside kick or did someone came up with the onside kick and no one even dared to come up with a different idea.
    College football, 1921, Vanderbilt head coach Dan McGugin gets the credit for inventing it.
    It was discussed after the 1906 college season, but not implemented until 15 years later.
    Points Awarded:

pavyracer gave stevenash 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    id fire number 11 befoe dark fell .. useless pos

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    id fire number 11 befoe dark fell .. useless pos
    thats janikowski

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

he moved from poland to florida as a teenager and set the florida all time high school soccer scoring record with 62 goals in one season. i played soccer in florida then and heard stories that he was unreal and really fast...........i guess after he made the nfl he just started doing drugs, drinking and putting on weight. but he has such a strong leg that even as a fat slob an nfl team signs him

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by KingKolzig View Post
    he moved from poland to florida as a teenager and set the florida all time high school soccer scoring record with 62 goals in one season. i played soccer in florida then and heard stories that he was unreal and really fast...........i guess after he made the nfl he just started doing drugs, drinking and putting on weight. but he has such a strong leg that even as a fat slob an nfl team signs him
    I know what he did 20 years ago. But he could at least keep himself in great shape like Adam Vinatieri.

Looked like a fat baboon out there.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

He was like 260 at FSu been fat forever

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    He was like 260 at FSu been fat forever
    6'2 215 his senior year in high school. hardly a fatass. probably bulked up his senior year as well for scouts....now hes about 270 with mostly lard

12 Last