Okay, let's pretend a person knows NOTHING about the game of football. We give them this data: The object of the game is to score points. The top 6 all-time point scorers and 19 of the top 20 (probably more, I stopped researching) are all place kickers. SEA had not one other soul on a roster of 55 that could place kick. Is this a good plan you might ask them?

It's like taking a jet up in the sky with no co-pilot. Let's face it, there are A LOT of players with A LOT of free time on an NFL roster. You're telling me the some backup safety who is the 54th man on the roster couldn't spend 10 hours a season practicing place kicks "just in case?" I get it that he's not going to go fire a 56 yard game winning FG into the wind but an extra point or two? I played a lot of soccer and some football and am pretty confident with 8 hours of practice with NFL teachers I could learn to rattle 30 yard FGs between the uprights with some decent accuracy. I understand that kickers rarely get hurt, blah, blah, blah. What if he just got food poisoning? What if he had a death in the family and had to leave the team? That's it? They are just screwed? I just realized I run my small business with a better backup plan than the Seattle Seahawks run their franchise.