shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Wildcard Saturday

Indy ML-102
    Cowboys ML -127 (banker talked me into capping the game deeper and Seahawks have never won in the playoffs as a road dog).....

Had a lean on Colts/Texans over 48 but the fact that these teams know each other so well, I'm going to pass.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Indy has the better QB, I always try to avoid betting against the team with the better QB

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Indy has the better QB, I always try to avoid betting against the team with the better QB

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I can’t resist the colts over, just feels like a perfect showcase game the nfl loves to see high scoring.. Houston strength not the secondary. Strongly believe luck will slice and dice them. And Watson is a big gamer star in the making, just don’t see him not going toe to toe w luck!!

Guy I chat w on another site and actually writes some those SBR articles i never read keeps giving me this garbage that Watson will struggle cause it his 1st playoff game. I keep trying to respectfully tell him he on crack if he thinks Watson will shrink in this moment. Kid has big game big time pedigree.

He keeps tryin to convince me that those 2 national championship games vs bama somehow nothin compared to pressure of a WC GAme!! Lol

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7049

I'm thinking there's going to be good value with these close spread games, with live betting.. if those teams go back and forth, or one takes an early lead, should be some good + lines to flip flop.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

These games are so incredibly difficult I would think you got to stay with the home teams best of luck

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

NFL is very difficult to cap.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I can’t resist the colts over, just feels like a perfect showcase game the nfl loves to see high scoring.. Houston strength not the secondary. Strongly believe luck will slice and dice them. And Watson is a big gamer star in the making, just don’t see him not going toe to toe w luck!!

Guy I chat w on another site and actually writes some those SBR articles i never read keeps giving me this garbage that Watson will struggle cause it his 1st playoff game. I keep trying to respectfully tell him he on crack if he thinks Watson will shrink in this moment. Kid has big game big time pedigree.

He keeps tryin to convince me that those 2 national championship games vs bama somehow nothin compared to pressure of a WC GAme!! Lol
    My angle is more of an Indy lean than a Houston Offense fade. only way it doesn't go over is if there are some bizarre turnovers in the red zone like the game in indy these two played.Watson will play well I suppose, but Luck is having an MVP caliber year if it wasn't for Maholmes.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie878 View Post
    I'm thinking there's going to be good value with these close spread games, with live betting.. if those teams go back and forth, or one takes an early lead, should be some good + lines to flip flop.
    thats how burials occur my friend.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    My angle is more of an Indy lean than a Houston Offense fade. only way it doesn't go over is if there are some bizarre turnovers in the red zone like the game in indy these two played.Watson will play well I suppose, but Luck is having an MVP caliber year if it wasn't for Maholmes.

thats how burials occur my friend.
    Yea i dunno if he can beat luck here but I think luck will have to score 30 to get it done. I’d give luck the mvp personally even tho i know he not getting it.. not hating mahomes, he is amazing but kc won bunch of games w Alex Smith. How many games colts win without luck? Imo that equals most valuable!

I have teased Indy early cause figured that line drop to pk at least. Feel like Indy +8.5 lock of century. Think whoever has ball last prob wins! Not touching ats.

TheRifleman
    TheRifleman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

how do you NOT tease these games?? this is the time....any combo looks like a winner....6.6.5. 7 or even a 10 pt . -120 teaser will almost certainly cash.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    how do you NOT tease these games?? this is the time....any combo looks like a winner....6.6.5. 7 or even a 10 pt . -120 teaser will almost certainly cash.
    will be doing that also

DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7935

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    Indy ML-102
    Cowboys ML -127 (banker talked me into capping the game deeper and Seahawks have never won in the playoffs as a road dog).....

Had a lean on Colts/Texans over 48 but the fact that these teams know each other so well, I'm going to pass.
    However, the bigger sample you should consider is that Pete Carroll has won at least ONE game in each year he made the playoffs. That means if they were ever in a WC round game, then they won SU.

Also, Dallas' home record in playoffs is putrid under Jason Garrett as he barely beat Detroit in 2014.

Do you really want to take Garrett over Carroll?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    However, the bigger sample you should consider is that Pete Carroll has won at least ONE game in each year he made the playoffs. That means if they were ever in a WC round game, then they won SU.

Also, Dallas' home record in playoffs is putrid under Jason Garrett as he barely beat Detroit in 2014.

Do you really want to take Garrett over Carroll?
    Pete no master in game strategist. 2 run 1st teams, one is among the best defending the run, the other among the worst and they happen to be having to face zeke. That what I’m happily taking. The better team who will impose their will.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Pete no master in game strategist. 2 run 1st teams, one is among the best defending the run, the other among the worst and they happen to be having to face zeke. That what I’m happily taking. The better team who will impose their will.
    Yes, Seattle is a run first team, but they are also very good at passing if need be. Dallas looked good defending the pass against NY, but it's NY not Seattle.

The problem I see is that Pete Carroll has won at least ONE game in each of the year he made the playoffs and he was never one and done.

That translates to Dallas losing SU if his record of winning at least ONE game holds.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Also, doesn't Dallas losing badly to Tennessee at home with Amari and getting shut out against the Colts concern you?

Dak could lay an egg like those games.

Seattle never lays an egg.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Also, Dallas barely beat Tampa by 7 aided by two fumble touchdowns.

If it wasn't for those turnovers by Tampa, then I'm not so sure if Dallas would have even won that game at home.

Saluki09
    Saluki09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 350

What do you think is the best teaser? Indy and the over?

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Texans wins easy .... sorry shocka

Saluki09
    Saluki09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 350

Also, Dallas barely beat Tampa by 7 aided by two fumble touchdowns.

If it wasn't for those turnovers by Tampa, then I'm not so sure if Dallas would have even won that game at home.
    Seattle barely beat Arizona

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

I never touch over/under as who the hell knows what's going to happen with the scoring.

I'm taking Indy and Seattle teaser even though banker thinks Seattle could be the wrong teaser. He may be right, but I like my chances with Russell over Dak.

Then, I'm taking the Ravens and the Bears teaser on Sunday if I win Saturday's teaser.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Saluki09 View Post
    Seattle barely beat Arizona
    That's most likely because there wasn't that much of motivational factor for Seattle as they locked up a playoff spot and it was just a matter of who they get to play first if they win or not. I'm pretty sure they didn't want to play Chicago, but it probably wasn't enough of motivational factor for them to blow out Arizona.

Also, it could have been a letdown spot for the Hawks after beating the Chargers at home.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    The Texans may win, but they may not cover, because the line is creeping back up to Texans.Regardless, going against a hot streaking team is just not a good idea.

Don't forget that the head coach of Indy was the offensive coordinator for the Eagles last year when they won the Super Bowl.

It's the same damn QB that cost me the win when he played for the Bills and I took the Oilers +3 way back when. The Bills were down 31 but he single handily came back and won in OT by 3 and I pushed the bet.
    Points Awarded:

MickeyMan gave DJK 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Going to tease Houston/Dallas as a hedge

My going to lie.. concerned how much the line has moved in favor of Indy so you are on to something here

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Man, you need to stick your gun and go with your first picks.

That would be Indy and Seattle.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57693

Quote Originally Posted by Saluki09 View Post
    What do you think is the best teaser? Indy and the over?
    Like Indy +8 and LAC +10

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status
    WildCelticsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11919

Seattle has better QB
    Better run game
    Better big play ability
    They are also great at handling the football
    Last 4 games Dallas defence hasnt been that good soooo....

In Russ I Trust.

Ill take them to squash the cowgirls, but next game ill fade em most likely. Dallas just looks better cause their division is so bad.

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status

Im gonna Lac +9 Sea +8.5

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Like Indy +8 and LAC +10
    Did you know that the average margin of victory for the Ravens in the playoffs is 17?

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status

Did you know that the average margin of victory for the Ravens in the playoffs is 17?
    LAC 7-1 on road only losing to the Rams. I love they are on the road strange enough

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by WildCelticsFan View Post
    LAC 7-1 on road only losing to the Rams. I love they are on the road strange enough
    You cannot compare what the Chargers have done against the shitty defenses with what they cannot do against the Ravens' defense.

They lost by 12 at home.

Then, all of sudden they are on the road and beat the team that lost to by 12?

Rivers is a choke artist especially against a good pass defense, which Baltimore is.

I lost more money betting on Rivers than against him.

So, I will stick with betting against him and take the Ravens on a teaser with the Bears.

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status

Betting teasers past 0 is not very smart. Might as well just ML parlay both if u actually think ravens win

2daBank

Yes, Seattle is a run first team, but they are also very good at passing if need be. Dallas looked good defending the pass against NY, but it's NY not Seattle.

The problem I see is that Pete Carroll has won at least ONE game in each of the year he made the playoffs and he was never one and done.

That translates to Dallas losing SU if his record of winning at least ONE game holds.
    I gotta respectfully disagree w this man. 1st let me say really enjoy discussing these with you, you have brought strong valid points to every discussion on these games I’ve seen.

This one tho man I think a reach, what does Carroll previous settle playoff games have to do with this one? Different opponent that matches up really well and a much different Seattle team that not bringing the legion of boom and marshawn Lynch with them to dallas., (another side bar, how many times has Seattle 1st playoff game not been in Seattle? Where they have the strongest HFA in football!).

Far as Seattle being able to pass if they can’t run I certainly agree there truth to that but their run game does a lot for their passing game as it sets up those deep shots of which Wilson might throw prettiest deep ball in league with way he gets all that air under it and drops from the sky making even good coverage unable to stop it., Wilson a bad mofo without a doubt!!

I’d counter that not only will Dallas win on the ground but Dak gets far too much hate and never the credit i believe he deserves., is he Wilson? Of course not! Does he have flaws? For sure..that said what Dak lacks in ability I think he more than makes up for with leadership and intangibles. The kid makes mistakes but he almost always shines the brightest in biggest of moments!! Remember his rookie year when packers came to big D and he went toe to toe with Rodgers coming up w what looked to be game winning score before double bitch pulled a rabbit out his hat and set up the game winning fg. And this not a blip for Dak! He often looks pedestrian for long stretches of a game but when it comes down to boys needing a drive/play to win a game Dak rises to moment imo.,

The addition of cooper has made this offense so much better and I think have even more upside. Cooper so good for Dak as he runs incredible routes creating separation which Dak needs to see, he not a guy who throws wrs open (a anticipation thrower)., coopers route running gives him that weapon, not to me mention cooper opens up everything else as he commands a double team (or safety help!!

Another thing about Carroll. He conservative to a fault. Quite honestly I think Seattle would be wise to come out and air it out but no way do i see them attempting that!

This makes me like the 1st half under 21.5 more than game under as i think both teams will be in feeling out mode and we won’t see much aggressiveness till later once. Poo My one real concert for dallas is their red zone offense, that really when garret hurts them with his questionable goofy play calleddcrcjp

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes, I know about crossing 0 on a teaser.

I like the Ravens to win, but for a little more juice I will take the insurance through a teaser.

-120 vs +129

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Quote Originally Posted by WildCelticsFan View Post
    Seattle has better QB
    Better run game
    Better big play ability
    They are also great at handling the football
    Last 4 games Dallas defence hasnt been that good soooo....

In Russ I Trust.

Ill take them to squash the cowgirls, but next game ill fade em most likely. Dallas just looks better cause their division is so bad.
    This^^^

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

I gotta respectfully disagree w this man. 1st let me say really enjoy discussing these with you, you have brought strong valid points to every discussion on these games I’ve seen.

This one tho man I think a reach, what does Carroll previous settle playoff games have to do with this one? Different opponent that matches up really well and a much different Seattle team that not bringing the legion of boom and marshawn Lynch with them to dallas., (another side bar, how many times has Seattle 1st playoff game not been in Seattle? Where they have the strongest HFA in football!).

Far as Seattle being able to pass if they can’t run I certainly agree there truth to that but their run game does a lot for their passing game as it sets up those deep shots of which Wilson might throw prettiest deep ball in league with way he gets all that air under it and drops from the sky making even good coverage unable to stop it., Wilson a bad mofo without a doubt!!

I’d counter that not only will Dallas win on the ground but Dak gets far too much hate and never the credit i believe he deserves., is he Wilson? Of course not! Does he have flaws? For sure..that said what Dak lacks in ability I think he more than makes up for with leadership and intangibles. The kid makes mistakes but he almost always shines the brightest in biggest of moments!! Remember his rookie year when packers came to big D and he went toe to toe with Rodgers coming up w what looked to be game winning score before double bitch pulled a rabbit out his hat and set up the game winning fg. And this not a blip for Dak! He often looks pedestrian for long stretches of a game but when it comes down to boys needing a drive/play to win a game Dak rises to moment imo.,

The addition of cooper has made this offense so much better and I think have even more upside. Cooper so good for Dak as he runs incredible routes creating separation which Dak needs to see, he not a guy who throws wrs open (a anticipation thrower)., coopers route running gives him that weapon, not to me mention cooper opens up everything else as he commands a double team (or safety help!!

Another thing about Carroll. He conservative to a fault. Quite honestly I think Seattle would be wise to come out and air it out but no way do i see them attempting that!

This makes me like the 1st half under 21.5 more than game under as i think both teams will be in feeling out mode and we won’t see much aggressiveness till later once. Poo My one real concert for dallas is their red zone offense, that really when garret hurts them with his questionable goofy play calleddcrcjp
    Well, I was going to place my bet first thing tomorrow morning, but it looks like I may have to wait until the last possible minute.

The moneyline move will tell me what to do.

It opened at -145 and it already dropped to anywhere from -125 to -140.

If it comes back up and goes up really high on Dallas, then I will tease Dallas.

If it drops any further or stays where it is, then Seattle it is.

12 Last