packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3598

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Have you lost your mind? We already have cheating in BTP with posters entering 10 non-pro accounts each to defraud the system and you want Pros to compete with non-pros. If you can't afford $100 charity donation you shouldn't be allowed to enter contests.
    We arent doing this for money.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 01-02-19 at 10:34 PM.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I bet team brokedikk would win easily.

packerd_00

You got that right cuse.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3008

Makes no difference, Pro today, non-pro tomorrow, back to being a pro.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by 5918mike View Post
    Makes no difference, Pro today, non-pro tomorrow, back to being a pro.
    I’ve never liked the pro/non pro thing. Who cares? I like to give my guy jibbers a hard time cause he used to be worst about it when he was a pro! All in good fun tho, all I care about is whether guys bring value to the site with post that either informative or entertaining!

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Let's choose teams, make the contest worth about $50,000 with the competitors putting up the money, and then start the thread in a Pro-only thread.

Can you imagine the looks on their faces as we delivered a shutout?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Let's choose teams, make the contest worth about $50,000 with the competitors putting up the money, and then start the thread in a Pro-only thread.

Can you imagine the looks on their faces as we delivered a shutout?

Lmao

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3008

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    I’ve never liked the pro/non pro thing. Who cares? I like to give my guy jibbers a hard time cause he used to be worst about it when he was a pro! All in good fun tho, all I care about is whether guys bring value to the site with post that either informative or entertaining!
    I hear ya, some just seem to take it way too seriously. My Pro expired yesterday, made the gofundme donation a few minutes ago to get back to being a pro shortly.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    I don't know about your rationale with Make A Wish Foundation. vs BigDay's Angelman Foundation. Don't kid yourself when making charitable donations. The administrative costs for Make A Wish are prohibitive compared with Angelman's.

Your're the guy interested in "your bang for the buck".
    You want to pay for an administrator's mansion or get your money to
    the cause?

(Personally, I like to contribute directly to the afflicted outside of SBR.)
    People don't understand. That's why I don't contribute money to charities and never will. You're paying for CEO salaries. You're paying for lunches. You're paying for gas. Make a wish? What is your 100 dollars gonna get you? You want to make a difference? Take a few hundred dollars, go down to the children's hopsital or orphanage, make a connection, and use that money to make a kid's dream a reality. You can even do things not involving money (advocating for the kid by contacting the NFL, or a fashion company, or whatever it is). Most of these places are more than willing to help.

You guys have no idea where your make a wish money goes. I've been explaining this concept for like a decade, cause I actually know people that work at nonprofits and you guys need to understand they are not doing this out of the goodness of their heart. They get paid. They pay for new research, even research that they know isn't going to lead anywhere. They pay for equipment. They write off so much shit.

Do the right thing. Don't donate to charities.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Quote of the year. Frame it above my fireplace.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    People don't understand. That's why I don't contribute money to charities and never will. You're paying for CEO salaries. You're paying for lunches. You're paying for gas. Make a wish? What is your 100 dollars gonna get you? You want to make a difference? Take a few hundred dollars, go down to the children's hopsital or orphanage, make a connection, and use that money to make a kid's dream a reality. You can even do things not involving money (advocating for the kid by contacting the NFL, or a fashion company, or whatever it is). Most of these places are more than willing to help.

You guys have no idea where your make a wish money goes. I've been explaining this concept for like a decade, cause I actually know people that work at nonprofits and you guys need to understand they are not doing this out of the goodness of their heart. They get paid. They pay for new research, even research that they know isn't going to lead anywhere. They pay for equipment. They write off so much shit.

My old man,told me years ago about a guy from the United Way coming to his work in a Cadillac.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Drew will look in setting one up winter

Maybe if the non pros win they get a few free memberships

We do not know yet

franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9261

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    KLC some do not have the money to go pro

We are working with them
    I have plenty of money , but I resent that someone would see me as less of a person for not being a member of their group. Its no different then segregation by the color of ones skin or ones ethnic background. Sadly , you tend to fuel of lot of the bias JJ with your BOLD headlines that claim you are a moron if youre not a pro, or insinuating that a coach or QB isn't intelligent enough for the position if he is black.

Reading some of the comments in this thread only reaffirm that the true " Morons " are not distinguished by their pro or non pro classification.
    Points Awarded:

5918mike gave franz555 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Al Masters

jjgold

Pro Get you free money here does anybody understand that?

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Pro Get you free money here does anybody understand that?
    to be honest, id just rather have points

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    No

Wolf pack vs others

We are actively recruiting
    Wolf pack vs Seaweed Nation.

Who would win??

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11767

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    non pros suck I never like them until I went non pro..

I got 2 points to bet and transfer a day.. Come at me Pro.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    I don't know about your rationale with Make A Wish Foundation. vs BigDay's Angelman Foundation. Don't kid yourself when making charitable donations. The administrative costs for Make A Wish are prohibitive compared with Angelman's.

Your're the guy interested in "your bang for the buck".
    You want to pay for an administrator's mansion or get your money to
    the cause?

(Personally, I like to contribute directly to the afflicted outside of SBR.)
    True to some extent. I agree. Non Profit organizations are usually a mistype in many cases, should be relabeled as ALL PROFIT organizations. This is why you have to do your research when donating to charities and not be lazy and say I'm just not gonna donate instead. That's a cop out.

My favorite charity has always been St Jude's Children's hospital. In case you didn't know it's a public charitable funded hospital for sick and terminally ill children. The cost is free to the parents that are strapped for money. It's a specialized childrens hospital that often offers better treatment then the best of the regular hospitals.. Most of the proceeds go to the hospital and the cause also. Children deserve the best chance of survival in life as their lives have just begun. I've always had a soft spot for that. https://bestcompany.com/charities/company/st-jude

Make a wish foundation charity is nice and all but it would never be my first choice to donate to.
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-03-19 at 10:01 AM.

jjgold

The biggest story of the year will be Jibby not being a pro

This guy boast about a $77,000 Cadillac in Santa Barbara Also talks about fine dining at all those restaurants there on the water although he can’t come up with $100 to be a pro something doesn’t jive

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

The biggest story of the year will be Jibby not being a pro

This guy boast about a $77,000 Cadillac in Santa Barbara Also talks about fine dining at all those restaurants there on the water although he can’t come up with $100 to be a pro something doesn’t jive
    Fix my account tough guy. I got your $100. I don't drive a Cadillac either I drive a Lexus. I live in Santa Monica not Santa Barbara also so get your stories straight oh bald one.. I went to college in Santa Barbara and partied my asss off, didn't learn a thing ...

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

No contests

Thanks
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

jjgold

Jibby not a pro

We do not need him on our handicapping team

First 12