DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7935

It's early but who are you taking on Clemson vs Alabama and the reason(s).

As soon as the line came out, I placed my bet based on what I saw watching both of their games.

I didn't want my feeble mind to change sides later influenced by what I might read or see of the line moves and end up regretting it. I can only hope I'm on the right side.

I'm just curious what team you folks are siding with and the reasons behind it.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

I like Clemson plus the points, 6 or 6.5.

I also like Clemson on the ML at about +200.

Them Tigers have athletes on both sides of the ball, just like 'Bama. Don't see why this game is any more than the Tide -3.

My power ratings actually have Clemson favored by 3.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post

Them Tigers have athletes on both sides of the ball, just like 'Bama. Don't see why this game is any more than the Tide -3.

My only wish for the game is that the Clemson QB does not get knocked out. Alabama has Jalen Hurts who is 2 year starting QB should Tua get hurt again. If Trevor is hurt, then Clemson is toast.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Clemson

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Clemson is the better team and a much better quarterback

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Clemson is the better team and a much better quarterback
    I don't know about Trevor being much better than Tua since Tua was the front runner for the Heisman Trophy until his game against Georgia.

I haven't watched any of the Clemson games and that was a big mistake on my part since I bet against them without even really knowing how good they were. When I saw that they allowed only 8 passing yards against Pittsburgh, I figured it was some type of typo. Then, I watched their game against Notre Dame and realized that it wasn't an error as they pretty much shutdown Notre Dame's passing game and the running game.

There's no question that they have incredibly good D and O lines and I made my bet with Clemson based on that fact only. But, they do have receivers who are tall and good and I already know about their RB, so I just hope that Trevor stays in the whole game and if that happens then I won't feel bad even if I lose my bet.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Yes. Please tell me the entire site is on clemson! 😍😍😍

ZIPPER HEAD
    ZIPPER HEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5106

Bama I don’t really think any explanation needed here. Gl

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    Yes. Please tell me the entire site is on clemson! 
    You are the 2nd one who said the same thing and that's just not the case. I already placed my bet for 2K on Clemson so all I can do is offset it and lose the juice if I feel I'm on the wrong side by the kick off.

This is what I posted on another thread about 2 hours ago and the bet percentages are about the same still at this time. I don't know how accurate the bet percentages are at SBR or Sports Insights, but I will be asking the same clerk who took my bet at Sugar House as to the volume of bets on that game and I will be getting more accurate information; at least in the Philadelphia region that is.

"SBR is showing 56% to 44% in favor of Alabama and Sports Insights has about the same at 57% to 43% in favor of Alabama.

The line is bouncing like a yo-yo from -6 to -6.5 to -5.5 and then back to -6.5 just for today, so it's obvious the big money bettors and the early bettors are split."

Honestly, all I know is that Alabama was favored by exactly the same spread when they lost SU against Clemson 2 years ago. I can only hope that the history repeats itself and the motivational factor is on Clemson's side because they got destroyed last year by Alabama in semi's.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Also, Chris Bear Fallica who incidentally picked Clemson in his podcast said this.

Clemson is infinitely better than when they played Texas A&M when A&M threw for like 500 yards on them.

I would think so since they allowed only 8 yards against Pittsburgh. No matter how bad Pittsburgh's passing game is, it's just ridiculous that Clemson allowed only 8 yards and it cannot be a fluke that it happened.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    You are the 2nd one who said the same thing and that's just not the case. I already placed my bet for 2K on Clemson so all I can do is offset it and lose the juice if I feel I'm on the wrong side by the kick off.

This is what I posted on another thread about 2 hours ago and the bet percentages are about the same still at this time. I don't know how accurate the bet percentages are at SBR or Sports Insights, but I will be asking the same clerk who took my bet at Sugar House as to the volume of bets on that game and I will be getting more accurate information; at least in the Philadelphia region that is.

"SBR is showing 56% to 44% in favor of Alabama and Sports Insights has about the same at 57% to 43% in favor of Alabama.

The line is bouncing like a yo-yo from -6 to -6.5 to -5.5 and then back to -6.5 just for today, so it's obvious the big money bettors and the early bettors are split."

Honestly, all I know is that Alabama was favored by exactly the same spread when they lost SU against Clemson 2 years ago. I can only hope that the history repeats itself and the motivational factor is on Clemson's side because they got destroyed last year by Alabama in semi's.
    Using the info of everyone and who they are on I’d say is not as reliable as when everyone on this site is on the same pick. This thread is making me more confident in my bama future.

And I think people using what they just saw as any indicator is pretty funny. But pretending that it matters, for what it’s worth Oklahoma would be favored against ND

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    Using the info of everyone and who they are on I’d say is not as reliable as when everyone on this site is on the same pick. This thread is making me more confident in my bama future.

And I think people using what they just saw as any indicator is pretty funny. But pretending that it matters, for what it’s worth Oklahoma would be favored against ND
    Honestly, I only asked to hear opinions that I have not thought of or have not read about already. I don't care much about what percentage of people on here are taking what side as it has no effect on the game's outcome.

There are people on here where I value their opinions, so when I see what they like I will know whether to offset my bet or not in full or partially.

I saw two of Notre Dame's games and they are not a bad team, but the fact that Clemson just flat out destroyed them has to be considered.

Another fact that Georgia had Alabama on the ropes until the end, 'bama is beatable and I'm sure if Clemson has the lead, they won't let 'bama get back into the game near the end like Georgia has.

It will be a good game and I'm sure I will be sweating through the whole damn game. If I lose, then so be it. It's gambling after all.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

What's crazy is the game is 1 week away and yet the line is really moving up and down non-stop.

Just in the last 10 minutes, Sports Insights showed line movement from -6.0 to -6.5 and then back down to -6.0 again.

All I can say is that at least the books have no clue what side is going to cover since when they do, the line just does not budge no matter what percentage is bet on each side.

I'm really hoping the line does NOT cross the key number near the kick off time, but it just stays at -6.0 or even at -6.5.
    Last edited by DJK; 12-31-18 at 11:19 PM.

Mackballs
    Mackballs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12393

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post

Lol your power ratings

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Stanford dominated Pitt's passing game, and because of Stanford's woeful offense, I believe Pitt had many more plays v Stanford.

Wrongside

This is a hard game. I don't love Clemson's QB. He needs to get hit- and I am not sure how he will respond. He also throws a lot of borderline 50/50 balls, which still might work, but would feel more comfortable with an assassin at QB, likes to hit Renfro at will.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Nick Saban's luck runs out. Dabo is going to odab him.

Wrongside

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Nick Saban's luck runs out. Dabo is going to odab him.
    I like the sound of that.

Memento
    Short Term Memory Loss Required
    Memento's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

Bama big....clemson wont be able to run the ball and Lawrence not ready to to beat them by self. I like the under as well.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Memento View Post
    Bama big....clemson wont be able to run the ball and Lawrence not ready to to beat them by self. I like the under as well.
    Not sure if Bama can score big like they have been and run away in the game. I've heard more than once that this Clemson team is the best team they ever had on both sides of the ball, so I can only hope that's true since this Bama team isn't the best ever except for maybe highest scoring per game.

If Georgia can hold them in check for the most of the game, then I don't see why Clemson can't.

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

when UGA played alabama, bama just wasnt pumped up for the game. they didnt even have to win and still ended up winning with their 2nd string QB. line is perfect maybe should be 5.5

UGA is very very good

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by KingKolzig View Post
    when UGA played alabama, bama just wasnt pumped up for the game. they didnt even have to win and still ended up winning with their 2nd string QB. line is perfect maybe should be 5.5

UGA is very very good
    So, you think Bama is going to be pumped up in this year's final then?

I would think Clemson would be more pumped up looking for a payback for what happened on 01/01/2018.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Giggles

Keep betting that line down boys

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

This game's line movement is just crazy. I don't think I have seen this much of line movement on any games with a whole week to go.

Every time I check, it has changed either -6.5 to -6.0 or -6.0 to -6.5.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    Giggles

Keep betting that line down boys
    That's the thing. It's not a steady movement in one direction. It's moving up and down constantly, so I can only guess that the books are simply adjusting the line to even the actions.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10238

Bama got this game.
    Tide vs Bulldogs was the Championship.
    This seems like an afterthought.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Clemson

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Bama got this game.
    Tide vs Bulldogs was the Championship.
    This seems like an afterthought.
    Can you please tell that to the Clemson players? I'm begging you.

That should almost guarantee me winning my bet. Heck, Clemson might even win straight up then.

But honestly, I don't think Clemson needs any more motivation than what they have already.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

This is exactly what Bama wants to face with Lawrence and power running supposedly by Clemson .
    You aren't beating Bama at its own game which is exactly what Clemson is .
    If this was Kylar Murray + Clemson , Alla Watson (when they did beat them) , yea but this plays right into Bamas wheelhouse .
    Bama 37-21

brellis23
    Update your status
    brellis23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5621

A team being upset about the playoff doesn’t change the outcome of the game at all. Both teams want to win and both were in playoff consideration at one point in the season. With that being said, I think UGA wins. Texas shouldn’t be able to stop the run but I’m not laying 13 points, might tease it down to 6.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

My 2 bits....

If the Clemson kid throws a pick early, and he damn well might, Bama will capitalize and blow them away.

If Clemson can play it close...the longer they hang within 1 possession, the more likely Dabo will dial up something special in the 4th.

Great for live betting
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 19th Hole

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

No team that has started the rankings when they rirst came out on playoffs.they have never won.i am talking playoff rankings. Before round one i got clemson 225.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

I just looked up and the #1 ranked team has not won the title in the CFP era; albeit it's been only 4 years and this year being the 5th.

2014-15 4 Ohio State beat 2 Oregon 42-20
    2015-16 2 Alabama beat 1 Clemson 45-40
    2016-17 2 Clemson beat 1 Alabama 35-31
    2017-18 4 Alabama beat 3 Georgia 23-26

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Damn it, I should not have posted that.

If that draws more action towards Clemson, then it's only going to cost me and not help.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    I just looked up and the #1 ranked team has not won the title in the CFP era; albeit it's been only 4 years and this year being the 5th.

2014-15 4 Ohio State beat 2 Oregon 42-20
    2015-16 2 Alabama beat 1 Clemson 45-40
    2016-17 2 Clemson beat 1 Alabama 35-31
    2017-18 4 Alabama beat 3 Georgia 23-26
    I knew about this before I started this thread and yet I was too much of chicken to bet Clemson ML. 2K is too much to risk on ML, but I can always add it before the kick off.

12 Last