t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

College football needs a major overhaul

Worst the product has ever been. Do something with the scholarship limits. All the good players are on two teams.

So many fukking blowouts. This isn’t just bowl season. All year long the games have been dreadful.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Except Georgia had Alabama beaten and is at least as good as lesson

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Got some bad news for you. The same three teams who were probably the best this year, Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, will be the three best teams next year. Add Ohio State to make the top 4. They are all in on football. Everyone else has their foot halfway in the pool.

A&M can join the conversation soon. Oregon is making moves. LSU isn't far away. You'll have some years where your FSU's, Michigan States, and Notre Dames make the playoffs, but these teams and everyone else will be jockeying for 5th for the foreseeable future.

thirdeye42
    thirdeye42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Worst the product has ever been. Do something with the scholarship limits. All the good players are on two teams.

So many fukking blowouts. This isn’t just bowl season. All year long the games have been dreadful.
    That’s why the lines were +14 & +10.5.

Yet you still decided to POUND both mismatched underdogs. Another clueless, hero attempt.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

It's not going to get one. NBA has needed one for over 8 years now and last 3 in particular and it is just now getting it When non-sports fans can tell u who will be in the finals before game 1 regular season.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

It's a joke

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Dude i bet like 5 college football games this entire season. Sport is a fukkin joke. Has been for over a decade and rapidly declining.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Dude i bet like 5 college football games this entire season. Sport is a fukkin joke. Has been for over a decade and rapidly declining.
    The betting part is the only good thing left.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Agree

Worst bowl seasons ever

Teams w out a qb or 5 NFL players on D no longer relevant

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

Cfb is basically like woman’s college basketball.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

It's not going to get one. NBA has needed one for over 8 years now and last 3 in particular and it is just now getting it When non-sports fans can tell u who will be in the finals before game 1 regular season.
    Correct. Sports leagues want their "superstar" teams: Golden State in the NBA, New England in the NFL, etc. It gives the many bandwagon fans teams to root for to increase ratings.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    The betting part is the only good thing left.
    Dude its impossible for me to lay that chalk sometimes. Public tries to hit doggies every sat now and that shit is not cashin. Used to be u could wake up first thing in a.m. Saturday no handicapping and see whoever was getting double digits in the morning and cash. Now its not even competitive. Teams just get crushed by 3, 4, 5 td's every weekend its absolutely asinine. Pro Football is getting more scrutiny in the media than ever but the officiating this year has been the best I have seen. They fukkin canned a guy for missing a call against the Browns. That was beautiful.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

1 rule should be.... you can't walk out on your team before a bowl game... unless a doctor says so.

Total bullsh#$ when a collegiate player walks out on his team. pu$$yville
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave TheMoneyShot 6 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Too many injuries. Seems like every other play has some player rolling around on the ground.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Game competitive

Sooners just had one bad qtr

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    1 rule should be.... you can't walk out on your team before a bowl game... unless a doctor says so.

Yep. Fans should boycott this shit, when players just sit out. Another downfall of America.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Yep. Fans should boycott this shit, when players just sit out. Another downfall of America.
    Disagree could be a million dollar decision and a terrible one. Career ending college injury be broke your whole life or sign to nfl easy math kids are smart not pussies

lakerboy

Dude its impossible for me to lay that chalk sometimes. Public tries to hit doggies every sat now and that shit is not cashin. Used to be u could wake up first thing in a.m. Saturday no handicapping and see whoever was getting double digits in the morning and cash. Now its not even competitive. Teams just get crushed by 3, 4, 5 td's every weekend its absolutely asinine. Pro Football is getting more scrutiny in the media than ever but the officiating this year has been the best I have seen. They fukkin canned a guy for missing a call against the Browns. That was beautiful.
    I win every year. Might be the only sport I win in except hockey

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Disagree could be a million dollar decision and a terrible one. Career ending college injury be broke your whole life or sign to nfl easy math kids are smart not pussies
    So when is the right time to walk out on your team? I'm not against dudes making money, but when is the right time?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    What, there forced years of slave labor where they not allowed to earn a dime while schools get rich off them isn’t enough? You think they should risk their payday they earned for what? Fans who will spend next 10 years bashing them. A school who made millions as they risked their health? Get real, this kids don’t owe anyone shit.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

These bowl games are so important one was cancelled last week after it rained for an hour

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

No worries. Cuse will dethrone Clemson then Bama in the next three years.

newton0038
    Update your status
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1947

Need to do something with the winning team not playing for the last 5 mins of games. Sick of run middle shit, count to 40 and do it again and again and again.....

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

idiot fan post. what's the recourse? they aren't employees. bowl games are exhibition games for the most part. and as been said in this thread bad ones at best. but a guy should risk his career because you think he should play lol.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Cfb is basically like woman’s college basketball.

So true

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I win every year. Might be the only sport I win in except hockey
    Cuz u are North of the border so u get dif Electromagnetic Microwaves to your head.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

God this thought process is so stupid it sad. These kids don’t owe you, the school who profited off them while they got nothing, their teammates who should all do the same, a damn fukkin thing., you should throw them a parade for the 3 years of forced slave labor you did get you hamburger.

Every player should do it, including ones in the playoff. Fukk you losers who think they should risk their careers entertaining you for free.. maybe we should ask you to do some shit that risk your livelihood in the name of entertaining us. Dance clown dance, for free.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Buddy you gotta start posting your plays again. Havent see you post one in ages.

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Funny, but had the playoffs been expanded to 8 or 12 ten years ago, things would have changed. Bama would have lost in the first round a handful of times and the prestige would have worn off. This current system has kept them atop.

Saban fighting to keep the status quo is a shame.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post

idiot fan post. what's the recourse? they aren't employees. bowl games are exhibition games for the most part. and as been said in this thread bad ones at best. but a guy should risk his career because you think he should play lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post

God this thought process is so stupid it sad. These kids don’t owe you, the school who profited off them while they got nothing, their teammates who should all do the same, a damn fukkin thing., you should throw them a parade for the 3 years of forced slave labor you did get you hamburger.

Every player should do it, including ones in the playoff. Fukk you losers who think they should risk their careers entertaining you for free.. maybe we should ask you to do some shit that risk your livelihood in the name of entertaining us. Dance clown dance, for free.
    Has nothing to do with being a fan etc. You accepted a free ride when you said you'd play for that school. You owe it to them. They made an offer... you accepted. It shows what kind of pu$$y you really are in life.... walking out on your team.... and thinking you are all high and mighty. You are a POS. It shows you were never a teammate to begin with.

So let me get this straight... if West Virginia was ranked either #1 - #4... Will Grier would of played right? But since he can't win a championship... might as well not play his final game? It's the dumbest most absurd sh#$ I ever heard.

When you wake up one day and have to debate to yourself... should I play or shouldn't I... you aren't an athlete... you are a pu$$y. You get your ass up and show up for your teammates. You don't walk out on them.

Buddy you gotta start posting your plays again. Havent see you post one in ages.
    Only hitting around 48%.... what's the point in posting plays? Wouldn't want to be the cause of someone losing more money.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Lakerboy, there is ho way in hell that you are making money on college football so drop the bull. I guess you will not be out here tomorrow. I was looking forward to seeing you at the game. So were your friends, but we knew you would chicken out. You see, if you had any money, these guys would have already taken it from you or taken you out. The price you pay for being a welsher. You are an air bettor.

You are correct about how easy it is making money this bowl season. It just shows you how bad these people in here really are. With Bama going Under last night, I am now 13-2 in here and believe me, I did not stay up late at night figuring out who to play. It is simple. When you have as many good teams facing bad teams as you have had this bowl season, the ML becomes the correct play. Alabama became just the 2nd team to win and not cover this bowl season, rendering the point spread rather useless. If you picked the winners, you made a fortune. Another little fact to think about. So far there have been 26 bowl games played (one cancelled) and 20 of those games have been decided by 10 points or MORE. Not real competitive when 75% of the games are routs or near routs.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You are correct about how easy it is making money this bowl season. It just shows you how bad these people in here really are. With Bama going Under last night, I am now 13-2 in here and believe me, I did not stay up late at night figuring out who to play.
    And where in the fuk are these imaginary plays at? Don't see any posts at SBR.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Could end up like Derrius Guice tearing his ACL in NFL Preseason.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Oh its free for us is it, we don't pay for the ESPN Sports packages. Nothing is free in this world.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 12-30-18 at 12:05 PM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You are the biggest loser in here. Well over half of these kids would not even be in college if they were held to the same standards as other students are. Many black players would not make it. That is the truth, whether idiot Liberals like yourself want to hear it or not. These kids are getting a free education and I am footing the bill because I pay taxes that go to scholarship money. Now that is the way it is, so do not give me any more of your Liberal Bull S**t.

Now as far as the real problem is concerned, there is absolutely NOTHING that any of you can do about it. The people who make these decisions are the Administrators and Trustees of the schools and the Television people. As long as sponsors are willing to shell out the money they do to televise these games, nothing is going to change. As long as people are willing to sponsor meaningless Bowl games in the middle of a weekday, nothing will change. This season, Michigan did more to guarantee no changes in the Selection Process and number of teams selected to play in the Playoffs than any other team around. Notre Dame also helped. Michigan was suppose to be such a good team, yet Florida kicked their tails up and down the field. We saw what Clemson did to Notre Dame. So there goes the expansion argument. Basically you have one choice and one choice only. Either accept the product as it is or move on. NO ONE is going to listen to you people, especially when you have absolutely no idea how the system works. Boycotte? Are you nuts? If the still keep meaningless Bowl Games that draw 15,000 people do you really think that a boycotte is really going to matter? Move on fools. There is NOTHING you can do about it because you have no power to do so.

12 Last