homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

BigDaddy I'm dying to know your age, ethnicity, and where u live.

I say 65 year old white Floridian. Panhandle side of FL, perhaps Pensacola. And u have lots of grandkids

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    1 rule should be.... you can't walk out on your team before a bowl game... unless a doctor says so.

Total bullsh#$ when a collegiate player walks out on his team. pu$$yville
    Does this apply to the coaches who leave for better jobs during bowl season? A commitment is a commitment.
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave RockBottom 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    BigDaddy I'm dying to know your age, ethnicity, and where u live.

I say 65 year old white Floridian. Panhandle side of FL, perhaps Pensacola. And u have lots of grandkids
    Hes most likely white, middle-aged, fat and broke. I think thats pretty accurate lol

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    Does this apply to the coaches who leave for better jobs during bowl season? A commitment is a commitment.
    Never really gave it a good thought about the coaches. First reaction was about these kids that walk out on their team. I don't think a coach should leave before the bowl game either... but perhaps they feel the job won't be available days later after the interview? Or maybe their brains have already checked out on the team their with? Nevertheless... there should be a rule in place for that as well.

Again.... for those that agree for a collegiate player to leave before a bowl game is played....

1. If you're concerned about injury... just walk out after week 8. That sounds about right. Give yourself 3-4 extra games of rest. That should protect you from injury... right?

2. What about the countless efforts that got you to collegiate sports? Does that ever cross your mind? Were you scared of injury back then? But all of a sudden.... you're concerned about injury during your final game? Ridiculous. You can walk outside crossing the street tomorrow... and get struck by a car.

3. Collegiate athletes who walk.... don't believe their integrity is graded by NFL scouts? Of course it is. it means you have heart... and grit. It means you're a teammate.

I could go on and on... but I think this "walking out before your bowl game" crap.... it's like a stardom move. Like, hey... put the spotlight on me... I'm better than you.... I'm not playing in my final game. It's like a status symbol now. More and more players will do it every year until someone makes a rule about this. I'm sure the numbers go up and up every year... and it's ridiculous. Fuk... just walk out week 9... we don't fukking need you anyways... and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

If I was a collegiate coach.... my opening speech before our 1st practice would be... "If anyone plans on sitting out their final bowl game... there's the door... you can sit out... starting right now."

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

Players who sit the meaningless bowl games to avoid injury will still be drafted high. Smart decision. Only armchair qbs with zero skin in game would question it

First 12