kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Jon Jones, Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds

three of the best ever at what they do/did. why did they juice? simply arrogance or an assumption everyone else is doing it?

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    three of the best ever at what they do/did. why did they juice? simply arrogance or an assumption everyone else is doing it?
    Juice obviously helped them become what they were but guys like bonds in an era where everyone was on it was clearly still better than Everyone else.

However much of it is the mental edge and psychological dependency it creates almost a placebo like effect, that they believe in their mind the steroids are the entire effect and they need them to succeed.

A good example is A rod, got caught, could’ve rode off into sunset with all his money and in his late 30s early 40s on his final guaranteed contract still shooting up

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    Juice obviously helped them become what they were but guys like bonds in an era where everyone was on it was clearly still better than Everyone else.

However much of it is the mental edge and psychological dependency it creates almost a placebo like effect, that they believe in their mind the steroids are the entire effect and they need them to succeed.

A good example is A rod, got caught, could’ve rode off into sunset with all his money and in his late 30s early 40s on his final guaranteed contract still shooting up
    forgot about a rod lol. another mvp talent before the juice. i also wonder how do you know if a chick is really a chick? i saw cyborg interview on fox with k leahy. i lived in atlanta. lots of trans there lol. cyborg is all dude. can they ask to do a physical check? wonder how it works.

DeathAdder
    DeathAdder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8209

Can you at least stop with the "fake news" about Jon. He tested for a picogram of metabolites which was from a previous test that he got busted for. USADA has stated that he did nothing wrong in this latest test or else he'd be suspended. He's fighting today and that's all that needs to be said. Please stop perpetuating these falsehoods just because you hate J.J. If more people actually knew what they were talking about I'd have more faith in SBR members.

I realize Jon has made mistakes, but trying to crucify him for things he didn't do is flat out hateful. The guy is going to redeem himself in a big way and tonight's the start of a new BONES era.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

so u saying he never juiced? i'm talking guys with supreme talent that seemed to take an unnecessary step

BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    Bonds got pissed he was hitting 35 homers a year when he knew Sosa and McGuire were on the juice hitting 60-plus. Griffey Jr went the other way. Bonds ego too big. Decided to join the roid crowd.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Quote Originally Posted by DeathAdder View Post
    Can you at least stop with the "fake news" about Jon. He tested for a picogram of metabolites which was from a previous test that he got busted for. USADA has stated that he did nothing wrong in this latest test or else he'd be suspended. He's fighting today and that's all that needs to be said. Please stop perpetuating these falsehoods just because you hate J.J. If more people actually knew what they were talking about I'd have more faith in SBR members.

I realize Jon has made mistakes, but trying to crucify him for things he didn't do is flat out hateful. The guy is going to redeem himself in a big way and tonight's the start of a new BONES era.
    Falsehoods? The guys a juicer. Let’s say THIS time he didn’t do anything lol even though we all know where there’s that much smoke their is fire

He himself has said, “this was from steroids in my body from the time I was already punished” that is the story they are not denying steroids were in his Body. Sure If within the multiple times he’s failed tests the time he admits to wrong doing if you wanna buy the “I don’t know how it got there, Ive spent thousands to figure it out” the guys an addict on multiple levels. clear as day.

Sadly probably a guy who also doesn’t need it

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
    Bonds got pissed he was hitting 35 homers a year when he knew Sosa and McGuire were on the juice hitting 60-plus. Griffey Jr went the other way. Bonds ego too big. Decided to join the roid crowd.
    i kinda think so too. and i bet clemens lost 2mph on fastball or so and decided the same.`