t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Most books held off on putting out a line until after the Eagles defeated the Rams Sunday night. When they finally released it, most shops went with a Pk’em (a few had Hou -1.5 before quickly moving) which appeared to have attracted plenty of Eagles action as the line has since moved to Philly -2.5.

The angle is simple: much like last year, the Eagles are rallying behind Nick Foles. Super Bowl champs, pride, Foles magic, etc. It has all led to action being placed on the Eagles. I’ve always believed the public is more inclined to bet a short fave over a short dog. You make the Eagles less than a field goal favorite, and it’s going to attract plenty of public money.

The general consensus is that books are tipping their hand - by making Philadelphia a favorite despite their season long struggles, they are telling us they too believe in the Eagles. However I don’t quite buy into this. Houston should absolutely be favored here, albeit by less than a field goal. By making Philly a favorite, I think books are attempting to rope in action on the Eagles and it certainly appears to be working.

I haven’t made a play here yet. Can the Eagles win? Absolutely. But there are so many factors working against them. I’m more inclined to believe they spilled their bucket Sunday night and don’t have much left in the tank. Let’s not forget, the Rams this past week and Cowboys in the week before won the time of possession battle. With cross country travel, I have to imagine this Eagles team is just about spent.

Anyways, that’s my midweek take on this game.

EDIT:

Texans +2.5 -110 (5x); ML +120 (2x)
    Texans 1H ML +110 (1x)

Not going to wait on this. As much as my heart wants the Eagles to make a run, my head is telling me Houston wins this game. Simply too many factors working against the Eagles.
    Last edited by t-wizzle; 12-23-18 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Posted play on the game, added 1st half bet
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MartyOandUncleC

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Eagles 🦅

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

good spot for a teaser Houston +9.5

they havent lost a game by more than 7 all year. they are very good

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Philly is the call.. Turned the corner with Wentz out.. Swag is back since beating the Rams and will run the table and win out for the rest of the season..

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by KingKolzig View Post
    good spot for a teaser Houston +9.5

they havent lost a game by more than 7 all year. they are very good
    really bad number to tease to. who loses by 9. save the juice and tease it to 8 or 8 1/2.

KingKolzig

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    really bad number to tease to. who loses by 9. save the juice and tease it to 8 or 8 1/2.
    yeah you are right. this looks good

Houston +9
    Clemson -6.5

i dont see that losing

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Philly is the call.. Turned the corner with Wentz out.. Swag is back since beating the Rams and will run the table and win out for the rest of the season..
    Ok so you are taking Philly here?

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Most books held off on putting out a line until after the Eagles defeated the Rams Sunday night. When they finally released it, most shops went with a Pk’em (a few had Hou -1.5 before quickly moving) which appeared to have attracted plenty of Eagles action as the line has since moved to Philly -2.5.

The angle is simple: much like last year, the Eagles are rallying behind Nick Foles. Super Bowl champs, pride, Foles magic, etc. It has all led to action being placed on the Eagles. I’ve always believed the public is more inclined to bet a short fave over a short dog. You make the Eagles less than a field goal favorite, and it’s going to attract plenty of public money.

The general consensus is that books are tipping their hand - by making Philadelphia a favorite despite their season long struggles, they are telling us they too believe in the Eagles. However I don’t quite buy into this. Houston should absolutely be favored here, albeit by less than a field goal. By making Philly a favorite, I think books are attempting to rope in action on the Eagles and it certainly appears to be working.

I haven’t made a play here yet. Can the Eagles win? Absolutely. But there are so many factors working against them. I’m more inclined to believe they spilled their bucket Sunday night and don’t have much left in the tank. Let’s not forget, the Rams this past week and Cowboys in the week before won the time of possession battle. With cross country travel, I have to imagine this Eagles team is just about spent.

Anyways, that’s my midweek take on this game.

EDIT:

Texans +2.5 -110 (4x); ML +120 (2x)

Not going to wait on this. As much as my heart wants the Eagles to make a run, my head is telling me Houston wins this game. Simply too many factors working against the Eagles.
    Went ahead and locked in the Texans. This line could close +1.5. I think Houston wins the game but could see it being decided by a point or two.

MoonPond
    MoonPond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12539

Eagles are too volatile right now, it makes this tough to predict.

Personally I'd lean on Houston ML for the bigger payout. If it's a toss up you may as well.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Ok so you are taking Philly here?
    Does the sun shine?

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Wiz good luck on the play. Tough game to call. Not a big O’Brian Fan as think he’s a baffon and didn’t agree on how he walked out of Penn State after getting the shot there. Looking over Texans schedule not a lot of quality wins. Yes beat Dallas (early). Denver in Denver (so did Cleveland) if I’m not mistaken the Washington win was where Smith was either benched or got hurt and was an ugly win for them. Granted have not seen a lot of Texan games this year. Teams notoriously do have problems with mobile QBs since they don’t see them much so that’s a factor as well (phillys loss to Tennessee come to mind). Phillys issues known by all. Can the D Line disrupt ?

Enjoy the game. I hear book at the turf club will be open in a few weeks.
    Points Awarded:

t-wizzle gave USCPHILLYGUY 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Does the sun shine?
    Usually

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Romeo C. cannot be trusted as a coordinator in a game like this. Look for the Eagles to be schemed up.

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

I'm down with talking Houston. Lets talk Cougars. No not some underage gardener Angelina J. Is hitting on. Houston basketball team is red hot. Tighten the rubberband by buying a point or two and take them at -2 against Utah State tonight. Don't get me wrong, Utah St is pretty decent but at home with momentum tonite, the Cougs should have an edge.

jjgold

Foles is a winner

He is the difference

Players love him and not Wentz

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

You know what to do with short home faves public is on.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    You know what to do with short home faves public is on.
    True true but this opened at Houston -1

I think both public and sharps hit them up

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Problem w thinking Philly will rally behind foles again is last year the whole team was playing great, this year not so much. I seem to recall them rushing wentz back early this year cause how lousy Philly was playing w foles!! The rams win means nothing to me as I think that was more about rams recent decline than anything special Philly did.,

Imo Texans or pass but could prob just be a pass for me.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Eagles lost their whole secondary and their best player Jay Ajayi. Tough to recover from that. Philly's SB was a fluke, they really only won because of Bellichick incompetance and also because they got Ajayi late in the season.

Not sure if I trust Houston on the road in this spot though. Philly can easily win this. They're still a playoff quality type team. GL.

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Problem w thinking Philly will rally behind foles again is last year the whole team was playing great, this year not so much. I seem to recall them rushing wentz back early this year cause how lousy Philly was playing w foles!! The rams win means nothing to me as I think that was more about rams recent decline than anything special Philly did.,

Imo Texans or pass but could prob just be a pass for me.
    Early season way different tho bank

Guys thought bucs was a sleeper

Eagles r a dangerous tm now

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Eagles lost their whole secondary and their best player Jay Ajayi. Tough to recover from that. Philly's SB was a fluke, they really only won because of Bellichick incompetance and also because they got Ajayi late in the season.

Not sure if I trust Houston on the road in this spot though. Philly can easily win this. They're still a playoff quality type team. GL.
    Step aside man. Seriously. You just called Ajayi their best player. You have any idea how ridiculous you sound?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

Quote Originally Posted by Biff41 View Post
    I'm down with talking Houston. Lets talk Cougars. No not some underage gardener Angelina J. Is hitting on. Houston basketball team is red hot. Tighten the rubberband by buying a point or two and take them at -2 against Utah State tonight. Don't get me wrong, Utah St is pretty decent but at home with momentum tonite, the Cougs should have an edge.
    Houston recovers from first half draught to beat Aggies 60-50 in CBB tonite.

johnnyvegas13

Step aside man. Seriously. You just called Ajayi their best player. You have any idea how ridiculous you sound?
    They have Adams and sprolesss now

If they have a weakness it’s secondary

Goat Milk

He's easily their best player. Who is. Alshon Jeffrey? Lol. Don't even name a defensive player like Fletcher Cox either. Defensive tackles can't impact a game the way an RB can. It basically comes down to Wentz, Jeffrey, Ertz and Ajayi.

Eagles have been a meltdown without Ajayi at full health this year.

Goat Milk

Step aside when I please. I run this place.

Goat Milk

Eagles superbowl one of the biggest flukes in history. If anyone believed Nick would play that good they'd offer him 20 mill, just like teams do with Bradford, Keenum and other bums. Everyone knows his performance was a fluke. Sure, he's servicable and can win some games, but he's not a superbowl MVP, plain and simple. Eagles got lucky as f that Brandon Cooks got injured and Bellichick never played Butler. Cooks is better than Alshon Jeffery. Brady played with scrubs the entire game and threw for 500 yards, a record.

KingKolzig

Houston will not get blown out. Houston +8.5 is a lock for a teaser leg

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10442

Eagles superbowl one of the biggest flukes in history. If anyone believed Nick would play that good they'd offer him 20 mill, just like teams do with Bradford, Keenum and other bums. Everyone knows his performance was a fluke. Sure, he's servicable and can win some games, but he's not a superbowl MVP, plain and simple. Eagles got lucky as f that Brandon Cooks got injured and Bellichick never played Butler. Cooks is better than Alshon Jeffery. Brady played with scrubs the entire game and threw for 500 yards, a record.
    Actually, he is a superbowl mvp

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

He's easily their best player. Who is. Alshon Jeffrey? Lol. Don't even name a defensive player like Fletcher Cox either. Defensive tackles can't impact a game the way an RB can. It basically comes down to Wentz, Jeffrey, Ertz and Ajayi.

Which is totally why RB's get paid and DT and DE don't, oh wait....

jjgold

Foles dominated every playoff game
    Last year

MVP

He is big time and players think they have better shot with him than wentz which is interesting

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7067

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Last year

Yes, he sure singlehandedly lit up Atlanta.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Last year

MVP

He is big time and players think they have better shot with him than wentz which is interesting
    That such a bunch of bull coach. That team was playing amazing w wentz before he got hurt. Foles just continued the roll they were on. He in no way was responsible for them winning. Just like wasn’t his fault they sucked to start season with him! The team not as good and he not a guy who gonna carry a team.

t-wizzle

Dude you are so clueless. Stick to basketball matchups. That’s your thing. Jay Ajayi? You clowning yourself here bro.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Which is totally why RB's get paid and DT and DE don't, oh wait....
    Don’t bring this kind of logical input. Goat can’t handle it.

2daBank

Goat showing his propensity to be star struck once again. Cox is by far eagles best player but since he doesn’t score touchdowns and do dances goaty doesn’t have his poster on the wall!! Lol.

123 Last