SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

What ever happened to the nfl pass interference uncatchable rule ?

I've noticed more and more they don't call this anymore, or it's rare when they do

was watching a game over the weekend and saw a PI call, but my opinion is it was way too high to be catchable
    the receiver would have had to be 10 feet tall to catch the ball. Players even waving their arms above their heads to show the refs, but the PI call stood.

what gives ??

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

bizarre

it is out of hand , balls impossible to catch and flags

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

They are just doing their job, as the league and officiating execs dictate. There are no mistakes.

It never changes the outcome of a bet, even if it looks like it would. It's simply the third teams effect on the final result.

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 460

Last night's was just a make up call for the head shot Rivers took.

SBR Tony

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    They are just doing their job, as the league and officiating execs dictate. There are no mistakes.

It never changes the outcome of a bet, even if it looks like it would. It's simply the third teams effect on the final result.
    not talking about changing the outcome, I just remember those calls where if it was too high of a pass and uncatchable, they would wave off that flag.

don't see that anymore

SBR Tony

Quote Originally Posted by 7deuceoff$uit View Post
    Last night's was just a make up call for the head shot Rivers took.
    agree, and not sure how the refs missed that headshot. I'm sure the league won't miss it $$$

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Tony View Post
    agree, and not sure how the refs missed that headshot. I'm sure the league won't miss it $$$
    That is so horrible: fine guys and cut into their check for plays that are mostly unavoidable, this league so garbage.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

not talking about changing the outcome, I just remember those calls where if it was too high of a pass and uncatchable, they would wave off that flag.

don't see that anymore
    It goes in cycles.

I get what you're saying, I was just mentioning that because all too often fans think what happens on the field matters, when we know it doesn't.

This year the NBA started enforcing the off the ball freedom of movement rules, and it looks like the NFL stopped with the "uncatchable ball" rules...

If you think about it, both tend to increase scoring and offense, something both leagues have been tending towards in recent years.

Don't worry Tony, enforcing it will come back into favor.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

The TV networks own the NFL. Can't you tell everything is scripted? Fox wanted ratings last night and told NFL to make the game close at the end to please the advertisers. And then the NFL tells the referees how to call the game. The refs get paid by the NFL.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    If you want to understand how to win at sports betting you must understand how to create your own line, your own discrepancy between teams and compare that to the marketplace.

It most certainly helps if you understand what actually drives the results of games and performances of teams.

There are many reasons so few win long term, and this is a major one.

...Plato has Socrates describe a group of people who have lived chained to the wall of a cave all of their lives, facing a blank wall. The people watch shadows projected on the wall from objects passing in front of a fire behind them, and give names to these shadows. The shadows are the prisoners' reality...
    I've posted in depth about this and how it applies to making a forecast that beats the market.

Unfortunately, I don't think it belongs in a Forum of sports bettors that have given up on beating the markets long term.

Very few seem interested in trying to win here, they stare at shadows but believe only in their own eyes...the most deceptive sense we have.

Debacleov
    Balls deep inside the book
    Debacleov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

Agree

They dont seem to care if the ball is uncatchable anymore and they still call this garbage

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

As long as all the refs get the memo, or can agree or whatever you want to call it...

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

I've noticed more and more they don't call this anymore, or it's rare when they do

was watching a game over the weekend and saw a PI call, but my opinion is it was way too high to be catchable
    the receiver would have had to be 10 feet tall to catch the ball. Players even waving their arms above their heads to show the refs, but the PI call stood.

what gives ??
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    bizarre

it is out of hand , balls impossible to catch and flags

Agreed

The new rules cateering to the offense seem to have made refs completely forget other rules.

Comparable to not being able to walk & chew gum at the same time.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    ...The new rules cateering to the offense seem to have made refs completely forget other rules...
    If that were true the execs would do something about it.

But they don't.

I think posters should give the refs more credit, it's their job and they are doing it.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    The TV networks own the NFL. Can't you tell everything is scripted? Fox wanted ratings last night and told NFL to make the game close at the end to please the advertisers. And then the NFL tells the referees how to call the game. The refs get paid by the NFL.
    I just think they are in bed together, not that one owns the other. The League has a brand to sell and if they can keep scripting these miraculous come-backs they think they can get more viewers and more people in the stands, etc.

Not only that but they are in bed with the books. They can get people live betting to bet on the team that is way ahead only to have the team that is behind to come back and win. It happens all too often to be a coincidence, especially on the nationally televised games.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pavyracer

Jayson25
    Jayson25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

It a just another way for people who were simple minded enough to think the chiefs were gonna cover 3.5 at arrowhead stadium vs a banged up chargers club to cry about losing. U pick the most obvious shit out and ur gonna lose most of the time. Look in the mirror and say " I need to find a new hobby" don't blame the refs. Of course the chargers were gonna cover that line, do u think vegas would be what it is if games like the chiefs -3.5 last night would cover? Refs doing what they are paid handsomely to do. Nudge the side they need towards the 🥓
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: QuantumLeap

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 388

As long as all the refs get the memo, or can agree or whatever you want to call it...

Best one is when 1 ref gave the sign that it wasnt a td and another ref beside him gave a sign of a td. College refs they had.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24927

There's almost no incentive to play defense anymore because your fate will ultimately be decided at the discretion of an official whose main agenda isn't necessarily to call a fair game. I'm so tired of seeing phantom defensive holding calls to extend drives that would have otherwise resulted in a punt.

Refs should just wear team jerseys and stop the charade. The neutral colors belie their inability to be impartial.

Debacleov

The Niners Giants monday night featured the worst holding call Ive ever seen at the worst possible time. The refs just gift wrapped that game and gave it to the G Men it was unreal.

Jayson25

Of course they gave it to the giants, Nick Mullins looked like God the week before on national tv vs the raiders and the giants couldn't buy a win!! My point exactly. I can't believe all u schmucks are oblivious to it. Colts packers niners this week. 3 and 0. Just watch. I wish I was house. thats the best job in the business with all the brain dead idiots lurking.
    Last edited by Jayson25; 12-14-18 at 10:22 PM.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson25 View Post
    Of course they gave it to the giants, Nick Mullins looked like God the week before on national tv vs the raiders and the giants couldn't buy a win!! My point exactly. I can't believe all u schmucks are oblivious to it. Colts packers niners this week. 3 and 0. Just watch. I wish I was house. thats the best job in the business with all the brain dead idiots lurking.
    Are you saying the games are predetermined, Jayson?

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

interesting subject,

collingsworth, nfl receiver for many years, was talking about how it made him nuts that refs would call "uncatchable" but "that was only because i'd been interfered with 2 seconds before the ball got there"

i think it's one of those calls where you need to be certain that it was uncatchable. once some time elapses between interference and ball arrival, then it gets very questionable.

personally, i think it should just be interference no matter what. haven't thought that opinion through though

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

my cliff notes comment: seems refs on the field don't necessarily make calls consistent with rules book or replay officials.

i was thinking that refs have become very very liberal in terms of allowing contact before the ball gets there. seems there's tons of jostling before the ball gets there. i think they think they are giving defenders much more latitude to "play the ball" when in many cases the defender only knows that the ball is somewhere in the vicinity.

i think it's become inconsistent and then replay to some degree adheres to rules in a way that on-field officials don't.

Debacleov

wait a minute people are really just now realizing that the NFL refs are an absolute joke?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    my cliff notes comment: seems refs on the field don't necessarily make calls consistent with rules book or replay officials.

i was thinking that refs have become very very liberal in terms of allowing contact before the ball gets there. seems there's tons of jostling before the ball gets there. i think they think they are giving defenders much more latitude to "play the ball" when in many cases the defender only knows that the ball is somewhere in the vicinity.

i think it's become inconsistent and then replay to some degree adheres to rules in a way that on-field officials don't.
    True, sometimes replay just says fuk it, and keeps the bad call.

It is what it is.

Jayson25

Yes Giant I am def saying that the games are predetermined. It's all about the money. These guys are out there playing their hearts out but those officials have strict directions to follow to sway a game towards the sides they need. It's not a 100 percent thing but I bet they have their best officials at following directions who get the team they need to cover the most at the most important games they need to cover weekly. Guaranteed. I been on to their little scam for years. If u have been capping for awhile and don't see it please find a new hobby. So actually the refs are nice as hell at what they do, it's just that most of u morons are easy to deceive.